Laughing City
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

thexrunaway wrote:
granpaturtle wrote:

ehhhh....not ...really...the merch is sort of...funded by the label...Eisley sees...little...if any of that money. But still buy it...even though they aren't directly seeing money from mech and CD sales, the key thing to remember is that it shows WB there's interest and then they support Eisley more and Eisley sells more and then sees the money...we gotta do everything we can to make them less small

Is that true?

I know most bands I know of fund their own merch and say the best way to support them is to buy the merch at the shows. These aren't local bands either, but bands that are signed to major labels. Something Corporate is signed to Geffen and does all their own merch and has pretty much completely supported their band on the tours they have been on for the last year through merch sales.

yeah, that's normally true, and i'm sure Eisley would've funded their own merch...ya know...if they had any money Sad but don't worry, they're fine, they can still eat and pay for gas/tolls, they're troopers, and those new found glory guys let them sleep in their hotel room...so hey...

reflectedxglory
Sea Post King

Kimbrtones wrote:
Christie and I are doing janitor work at night!
Our bodies hurt so much by the time we get home at 1:30 a.m. that we can't even go to sleep. whaaa....Sad
The mop weighs half of Christie's weight Laughing

At least it is only for a week. We're helping a friend who is going on vacation, and we actually needed the dough, so whatcha gonna do?
Funny...everyone has the perception that our family is rolling in dough, since Eisley is doing good. IF Eisley does make it, it probably won't been seen on this album. All you people wanting to be rockstars out there, need to really count the costs.

Anyway...while the rest of our family is out on the rockstar road, we're scrubbing floors and emptying trash, and cleaning toilets in two medical centers to help pay the bills back home.

Somebody give us a hand. Rolling Eyes

Useless rant....sorry.

Anything to see EISLEY'S music get out to the world. Smile
We love you Eisley...missing you from home.

love,
mom and Christie your friendly local janitors Wink

and this...is a true story.

oh how i love thee
Joined: 11 Mar 2005 | Posts: 489 | Location: orlando,fl,usa
Silvestre
Golly, Poster

man...life's hard...i'm really sad to hear this. trust me, Eisley's gonna be big, and they're gonna make it. i have the feeling, and if it's this strong, i know it's gonna work out. hmmm...now i remember my mom at home doing the hard work like kim does...moms rock!!!