Laughing City

Guess he was just wrong. I think the only Dallas show coming up is the one at Trees.
 |  | 
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

EISLEY will actually be leaving for the V2003 Fest in England on that day. Wow...too bad they couldn't play that before they left. That would have been fun.
ptah
Sea Post King

I thought Eisley would be gone then.
I bet the DJ meant to plug the Adventure Club show.
If I hear it again I'll have to call them up and set them straight.

P.

www.myspace.com/ptah
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
boyd
Eisleyoid

• Eisley leaves for the UK on August 14th
• The Buzz-Oven show at Bronco Bowl is Saturday August 16th
• V-Fest 2003 in Hylands Park, Chelmsford is also August 16th
• V-Fest 2003 in Weston Park, Staffordshire is August 17th
-------------------
V stage
http://www.v2003.info/runningorder.html
Coldplay
Foo Fighters
Ash
The Hives
The Cardigans
Echo & the Bunnymen
Eisley

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
meggymeg
Sea Post King

Is it me or is Eisley one of the songs you hear ALL THE TIME on the Edge? I sear I hear it more than anything else.
soulreflector
Sea Post King

radio is fine but make radio come to eisley not the other way around..."they all surounded me" is the beginning of an effort by eisley to be the worlds next powerfully irreverent ear piece...... and with songs like that and future inspirations that only fuel even greater works i think we could be looking at (dare i say it ) a young lennon or yorke or martin. radio is ,as i sense here, being overestimated and yet the postives of fan support is being ignited by that...thats a good thing but the more pure reason is to bring the music eisley makes us to its full potential... only we (fans) can do that not radio. word of mouth right now is the most powerful tool we fans have....when warnerbros actually goes for adds to radio then ring the phones off the hook!!!!!!!
timbuktu
Sea Post King

97X WOXY (http://www.woxy.com) up in Cincinnati just added Telescope Eyes to their playlist this week, and I've already heard it a couple of times - it's how I actually found out about the band. So the air play definitely seems to be moving beyond the simple Texas region, esp since I'm over in Scotland and heard it through the WOXY's internet feed.

"It is true that we are weak and sick and ugly and quarrelsome, But if that is all we ever were, we would millenniums ago have disappeared from the face of the earth."
- John Steinbeck (WRITERS AT WORK, "On Intent")
Joined: 06 Aug 2003 | Posts: 101 | Location: NCCC West Region
taylor blair
Sea Post King

i've heard telescope eyes on 102.1 KDGE several times going to work...when i first heard the DJ say "eisley" instead of "moss eisley" i was kind of confused because i had seen moss eisley play a show at Texas A&M (whoop!) the week before school started last fall, and i thought wow that sounds just like them...hehe then i found out about the whole name change thing...anyway...it's amazing to think that i saw them play a free show less than a year ago and now they just finished a tour with coldplay and are going to england to play with some of my favorite bands...anyway, i love their music and am glad to see them getting some recognition and airplay!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
elgreatness
Sea Post King

A&M!?!?!?! friggin aggies!!! Grrr.... lol

Anyway, i heard Eisley is coming to town for the Music Festival in elum... anyone know whats up with that?

AearTeilu
Sea Post King

hey now, don'choo be hayt'n on no Aggies, yo. You're surrounded by quite a few. Razz
Anyway, there's a whole topic that pretty much covers the upcoming show info. I'm too lazy to give you a direct link, but it should be easy to find.

kris
Ubernerd Moderator

i still freak out every time i hear eisley on the radio.
slickshoes
Sea Post King

wish they did this for a lot more local bands. you got lucky, josh likes you. if he doesn't then you're sol or if you're his ex-girlfriend's band.
slickshoes
Sea Post King

There are other stations in Dallas that will play them and you don't have to beg the DJs to play them between Kid Rock, Enimen, Korn or other EDGE music. Try the left of the dial and college radio. Then again, that's not a BIG radio station but they've been known to play local without all the requirements.
If the EDGE was really all about playing local then bands like Bowling for Soup wouldn't have to land a major record label contract to get played. Do you hear anyone on Lastbeat Records, One Ton or the Old 97's, who were on Elektra getting played? Nope. It's all about ratings, big labels, making profits and now it's about playing rap music over talented local and national underground acts. Widen your horizons. There is Internet radio, college radio, UT Tyler, UNT, TCU, a Texas music show on KERA 90.1 that airs Saturday nights, and KNON. They all play local music, usually for free and without having to be on a major record label.

slickshoes
Sea Post King

wish they did this for a lot more local bands. you got lucky, josh likes you. if he doesn't then you're sol or if you're his ex-girlfriend's band.
growup007
Sea Post King

"There are other stations in Dallas that will play them and you don't have to beg the DJs to play them between Kid Rock, Enimen, Korn or other EDGE music. Try the left of the dial and college radio. Then again, that's not a BIG radio station but they've been known to play local without all the requirements."

Very true. Some of those stations are pretty decent at times...if you can pick them up/stand the DJ mispronouncing band names/figure out when the good music show is actually on(instead of jazz or sports or tejano or country)/are up early/late enough to hear it/etc. That being said, there are surely a few that aren't bad at all. As far as "requirements," the only requirement is that the song and quality are good. On the AC, quality can be pretty poor and I'll play it if the tune is good. Ask Taylor Reed or The Foxymorons or centro-matic.

"If the EDGE was really all about playing local then bands like Bowling for Soup wouldn't have to land a major record label contract to get played. Do you hear anyone on Lastbeat Records, One Ton or the Old 97's, who were on Elektra getting played? Nope. It's all about ratings, big labels, making profits and now it's about playing rap music over talented local and national underground acts."

Actually, Last Beat hardly ever puts out indie rock records anymore. I have been known to play many things on that label(Darlington and Baboon for example). Tell Tami at Last Beat to hurry up and get me some new records to play. I like those people at Last Beat quite a bit. Nice ladies. As far as One Ton...nope. I think the majority of those bands are terrible. I've said that a million times on the air. The 97's? The AC was the first in the country to play them. We've played everything from Hitchhike on including solo stuff, singles, album tracks, b-sides blah blah blah. They've also done more acoustic sessions on the air than any other local band.

"Widen your horizons. There is Internet radio, college radio, UT Tyler, UNT, TCU, a Texas music show on KERA 90.1 that airs Saturday nights, and KNON. They all play local music, usually for free and without having to be on a major record label.[/quote]"

How many of these AC bands are on a major? Look carefully. I was the first and usually only person to play and support these bands on the air.

Chomsky, Darlington/Mess, Deathray Davies, Eniac, Taylor Reed/Cordelane, Baboon, Rocket Summer, Adventures Of Jet/Bobgoblin/The Commercials, Polyphonic Spree, Funland, centro-matic, LCC, Fishboy, Radiant, Red Animal War, BassX, Eisley, Slowpoke, Chao, Captain Audio, UFOFU, Pleasant Grove, Wurlitzer Prize, Rev. Horton Heat, Sorta, Ronnie Dawson, [DARYL]/Post From Vermont/The Fitz, Corn Mo, Dooms UK, Hagfish, Sparrows, Todd Deatherage, Lucy Loves Schroeder/Fred Savage Fanclub, Go Metric USA, Grown Ups, 41 Gorgeous Blocks, Macavity, Foxymorons.

About half of those(including Eisley) were sent to me on a CDR with a nice letter. By the way, sorry that list is so short, I did it off the top of my head and I'm sure I forgot tons of bands.

If you were only talking about the station in general and not the AC...

Maybe instead of bitching about the fact that those bands don't get played enough, you should be excited they get played at all. In other markets, local bands rarely ever get played on stations as big as our's. Here, The Edge has spun in pretty heavy rotation bands like Rocket Summer, Eisley, Jibe, the Old 97's, Burden Brothers, Zac Malloy, Blue October and Chomsky(a few different songs over the span of 6 or 8 months as I remember). The Eagle (also an evil Clear Channel station like us) plays Slow Roosevelt and Jibe quite a bit I believe. None of those bands were on majors when we were playing them but Eisley(not really a major either) and the 97's. Blue October were on their indie one before they got resigned to Universal(thanks to a bunch of radio play).

There you go. If you want to know about the politics of radio and local bands and this didn't satisfy, feel free to call me. 972-770-7760 anytime between 5P-7P Monday through Friday. I'm a better speaker than typer so I'd rather do it that way instead of email. My hands hurt now.

xoxo

Josh