Laughing City
diggum
Sea Post King

Yeah, that's right. I won't be going to the Eisley show in Atlanta on July 1. You know why? Because it's 21 and over!!! So gay, seriously. I hardly know any Eisley fans 21 and over, except Admiral79, even though im sure there are tons of them.

Boyd, just curious, why did you choose "Smith's Old Bar" out of the many venue's in Atlanta to play at?

This sucks so bad, finally they headline and i can't even see them, now i have to wait another 4-5 months to see them again. Maybe i will sit outside and listen to the muffled sounds of their songs. If you can be chaparoned in, let me know.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Age limits can be pretty lame, but it wasn't Boyd's or the band's choice. Talk to booking and management about that one. Good luck getting in, though.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
diggum
Sea Post King

Ok, edit that then. Sorry Boyd.

Booking Manager....WHY did you book them for "Smith's Old Bar"!!!!???

It's killing me.
Antiarches
Sea Post King

i feel your pain... the chicago show is 21+ as well... i honestly cannot see the logic behind this from the point of the booking agent... granted there are few choices... but even still, i'm sure many of us would be willing to pay a little more for an all ages or even 18+ show...
Joined: 10 Apr 2005 | Posts: 341 | Location: Tinley Park, IL
diggum
Sea Post King

Antiarches wrote:
i feel your pain... the chicago show is 21+ as well... i honestly cannot see the logic behind this from the point of the booking agent... granted there are few choices... but even still, i'm sure many of us would be willing to pay a little more for an all ages or even 18+ show...

Exactly...and there are plenty of venue's to choose from in Atlanta. And i know they have to be with in certain time periods so the tour stays on track, but there are many other venues such as The Variety Playhouse (excellent choice), the Tabernacle, the Roxy, Earthlink Live, and they get stuck at "Smith's Old Bar". Just sounds like a dirty place.

And another thing is, they will be losing many ticket sales because of the no one under 21 rule. And then if many people happen to not show up they will think that Atlanta is a useless city to tour through, so the chances of coming back will be rare.
brian_nguyen
Sea Post King

Many to choose from... Yes... but it might not have fit their schedule (and a busy schedule it is... they're city hopping everyday, and there's probably many other bands booking up venues around that time too)... Take into account the fact that they don't want to play at too big a venue or too small a venue... they might have very limited choices...

There's also always the possibility that they're trying to attract an older audience... who knows...

(You can also put partial blame on the drinking age in the US... but hey, that's how it is down there...)
Joined: 05 Apr 2005 | Posts: 472 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Last edited by brian_nguyen on Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

They've been through Atlanta a handful of times. Actually, they've played Atlanta more than they've played in Tyler since 2003, for example

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Antiarches
Sea Post King

it's like a hotel though... they have to be able to book the club in advance and it has to be available... but the booking agent also is looking at how successful the show will be in different markets... they are going to be playing smaller clubs because they won't be selling out huge venues this early on... so liberties have to be taken... and while we won't always like the outcome... we've gotta make due with what we're given, just as they do... try another show in the area... calling the club to see if u can go witha chaperone, etc... like i said, i'm driving 7 hours to see them... and then doing it again, two days later in the opposite direction... you gotta do what you gotta do... unfortunately, it can be costly...
diggum
Sea Post King

All i know is it sucks that they have to play Smith's Old Bar. No, im not mad at anybody about it, it just stinks. I understand that they have limited choices and everything, but when you can't see your favortie band because of a stupid "21 and over" rule, that's pretty lame.
em-tucky
Sea Post King

I am 21 so this doesn't affect me much. but I will say that I do not understand the booking agent's method behind this madness. It seems that while the record label may want to try and market eisley to an older audience this is not the way to do it. Besides from what I've taken into account the last few months it seems eisley's fan base is more on the teen side than the twenty-something side. Not to mention this headlining trek comes right after the nfg tour, which possibly picked up quite a few fans that could be returnees to an eisley show and nfg's fan base is definitely not a majority of 21+. If I was eisley or boyd I'd be strongly looking into what this booking agent was thinking.
diggum
Sea Post King

I wonder if it's too late to change venue's...
Silver Star Rain
Lost at Forum

diggum wrote:
Yeah, that's right. I won't be going to the Eisley show in Atlanta on July 1. You know why? Because it's 21 and over!!! So gay, seriously. I hardly know any Eisley fans 21 and over, except Admiral79, even though im sure there are tons of them.

Boyd, just curious, why did you choose "Smith's Old Bar" out of the many venue's in Atlanta to play at?

This sucks so bad, finally they headline and i can't even see them, now i have to wait another 4-5 months to see them again. Maybe i will sit outside and listen to the muffled sounds of their songs. If you can be chaparoned in, let me know.

Crizap. I knew it. Geez. I feel ya. Hmm. Yeah, this happens to me all the time for Smiths. Oh well. I wonder what the chances of getting in with an ol' adult is...

And it's so sad to see the world agree
That they'd rather see their faces fill with flies
All when I'd want to keep white roses in their eyes.

Joined: 01 Sep 2003 | Posts: 1061 | Location: The Stoned Mountain
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

I'll try calling them and finding out the details. But, I say just show up. I'll get ya in.
Antiarches
Sea Post King

Admiral79 wrote:
I'll try calling them and finding out the details. But, I say just show up. I'll get ya in.

will you have a clone in chicago???

Admiral79
Lost at Forum

Antiarches wrote:
Admiral79 wrote:

will you have a clone in chicago???

Well, I am from Illinois and my brother does live in Chicago. Unfortunately I don't think he digs Eisley. Sad

goto page
 | next >>