Laughing City
pzy
Wookie Luke

I just got back home from Coachella (Could only go Saturday, but Sunday wasn't a huge draw for me anyway besides Midlake and The Arcade Fire).

Boyd is going to come online and sound all down and depressed about Eisley's performance, but don't listen to him! They did have more than their fair share of technical problems like power surges killing monitors and the blaring sun messing with the tuning of their guitars and having kind of a lousy mix, but they pulled it out so well.

They couldn't hear each other at all after midway through the set, but somehow sherri and stacy still managed to sing absolutely flawlessly throughout the set.

About 2000-2500 people were there watching the set (including at least one movie star Shocked ). Snow Patrol came on about 20 minutes into Eisley's set on the main stage, but did people start milling away from the side stage to the main stage? NO! They held the crowd like champs, and the crowd loved them.

I'm sure their perspective of the day got even worse as time wore on... driving 12 hours from San Francisco at 2 AM, getting to the hotel with barely any time to spare for showers, driving in traffic to the festival, parking 1000 miles away from the grounds, checking in and getting paperwork, press interviews and more press interviews, huge crowds, burning sun, tired, sunburned, technical problems out the wazoo... by the time we left midway through Coldplay's set everyone just wanted to get out of there and go to sleep. Too bad we had to be out of the hotel at 6:45 AM to drive up to LAX. But it's all good.

So don't listen to Boyd when he posts about how it was a bit disappointing, because it wasn't Smile

PS: I finally got to see Head Against The Sky live. Unbelievably great.

cmo
Sea Post King

WOW I am really glad you got the chance to see them live at such a festive music festival that is just wonderful! I can't believe no one replied to this at all! This is a BIG event. hahaha sweet anyway have a wonderful rest of your weekend.

Christie Olson

P.S.: I'll read what boyd has to say, then I'll send him a PM and tell him that he must be lying, because you told me you guys did great over all. Smile

God bless

I don't know if this is constitutional or well in simpliar words if I can do this.. but I'm gonna try. ok I LOVE EISLEY and... they love me.. hahaha ok don't ask. but yay three cheers for EISLEY and ALL that is HAPPY!
Joined: 08 Mar 2005 | Posts: 220 | Location: Kingsford Michigan
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

darn you coachella goers! this board was welll quiet last night!!!

but yeh, sounds groovy. It just goes to show the level of talent the Dupree and Wilson peeps have! Very Happy

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
musicislove
Golly, Poster

Im happy to hear they kept a crowd, thats so cool to hear Smile

one question, why did you leave coldplays set early Shocked

p.s. head against the sky is sooooo amazing live! Im glad you got to see it Smile

hi www.myspace.com/musicislove
Joined: 03 Apr 2005 | Posts: 611 | Location: rice lake, wisconsin
damemoderne
Sea Post King

Hm.. who was that movie star you were referring to? Would it be one Scott Speedman (of Felicity and Underworld fame)? I did see him in the crowd during Eisley's set.

Those poor kids... I swear they were the only band (which I saw that day) that had those stupid technicians $#@! up with their performance. But that was my first time seeing them and they sounded amazing!

Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

yeah...I couldn't wait to hear from Boyd about Coachella, then I was all depressed about it after I did.

bad, bad, technical problems when the complete power goes out on stage.

He did say that the band held in their like troopers and very gracefully.
It was just SOOOOOO disappointing for the band to have all that stuff happen.

Thanks to those of you that were able to see them and appreciate the performance, in spite of the mishaps. Smile
bre160
Sea Post King

Thanks to those of you that were able to see them and appreciate the performance, in spite of the mishaps.

That what true Eisley fans are for to keep the band motivated no matter what! Very Happy

chris flynn
Sea Post King

Kimbrtones ...

so much is going good for this wonderful group of youngsters. (your young-uns)...

I luv your children's music, good woman... Have heart. The music moves me beyond words.

can't wait to see them with my 2 daugthers at The Troubadour in Los Angeles.

Admiral79
Lost at Forum

Well, I'm glad to hear that Boyd was being his usual self in describing their performance and that it wasn't actually all that bad. I guess they had to be pretty good to hold the crowd. I wonder how merch they sold there.

Again though, why would you leave a Coldplay set early?!?! Is all that LA smog clogging keeping your brain synapses from firing properly?
pzy
Wookie Luke

Admiral79 wrote:
Well, I'm glad to hear that Boyd was being his usual self in describing their performance and that it wasn't actually all that bad. I guess they had to be pretty good to hold the crowd. I wonder how merch they sold there.

Again though, why would you leave a Coldplay set early?!?! Is all that LA smog clogging keeping your brain synapses from firing properly?

I know it's kind of crazy to leave early during Coldplay, but I was so exhausted from all the walking and the people and the sun and dehydrated... I had a great time all in all, and I did see 5 or 6 Coldplay songs, including a bunch of new ones.

During the Coldplay set, I have never seen 80,000 more exhausted people in my life. They tried making noise but 80k sounded more like 5k, but you could tell everyone was still excited.

Oh and hey, Eisley got a nice fat quote in the USA Today writeup of Coachella, although they misattributed the quote to Chauntelle when it was actually Sherri saying it:

"INDIO, Calif. — Northern Irish band Snow Patrol paused between its pop/rock romps Saturday to provide a weather report. Singer Gary Lightbody announced, "This is the exact temperature that an Irishman boils at."

Across the field, Chauntelle Dupree of Texas indie band Eisley halted for a quick technical adjustment, explaining, "Sorry, folks, the sun is baking my guitar out of tune."

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2005-05-01-coachella-wrap_x.ht m

chris flynn
Sea Post King

too funny... I like that like " baking out of tune".... cool line...
brian_nguyen
Sea Post King

Now that... that is rad...
Pro glasses too. Very Happy

Only few can pull that off.
Joined: 05 Apr 2005 | Posts: 472 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
zealot
Sea Post King

it was really good despite the sound problems. the band signed my ticket afterwards...and i gave weston the vulcan peace sign.
Mandocoustic
Sea Post King

yeah, they were dealt a bum hand, for sure. it was a real bummer, but it happens. hope it didn't get them too down in the dumps. they're still brilliant!

did anyone else notice, was sherri upset with the booing? oh, then the resounding "new found glory suck!" it wasn't me, but i was laughing. it was based on their music, not about how nice they have been to eisley, so its nothing negative on eisley. it was an eisley fan, i'm sure. any knowledge? was she really angry? i thought it was funny. yep.

But of course I'd like to sit around and chat
guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

Those sunglasses are freaking awesome.