Laughing City
Kit
Sea Post King

This looks a bit different from the one I have. My CD-R has a MossEisley stamp and the inside sleeve had more writing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=307&item=473008 0532&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

Is that Jaime? Ugh! What a crappy time to be poor!

JD

KyleRossP
Sea Post King

This appears to be an Eisley 7-track "EP2", which were sold at MossEisley shows in 2002 and early 2003. There is nothing "demo" or otherwise unique about it. The early "EP2" 's had 5 tracks as listed on the cover insert. The 7 song version was sold later and included those same 5 tracks, plus 2 of the three songs from "EP1". Although you can download all of the songs from OGG, it is cool to have the actual CD....the band hasn't sold them for a long time, and they are quite hard to find, as most who own them don't want to give them up!
giant_
Laughing Citizen

I'm still the current high bidder, ye yeah.
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

isnt there only one bid? i never bid early.
i always wait.
Andrew
Lost at Forum

I wonder how much I could sell a original version of ep 2. Only 3 tracks bought in 2002.
Perhaps even ep 1.
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1479 | Location: Dallas, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

Andrew wrote:
I wonder how much I could sell a original version of ep 2. Only 3 tracks bought in 2002.
Perhaps even ep 1.

maybe you could wonder, but would you actually do it? naaah Very Happy
Antiarches
Sea Post King

oh how i'd love to bid on this if i wasn't sure it'll go for some insane amount that i am in no position to shell out any time soon... in due time though, i'll be able to afford one of my very own...
Joined: 10 Apr 2005 | Posts: 341 | Location: Tinley Park, IL
noodleman
Sea Post King

that boyd be a genius. nice artwork.

nate

www.purevolume.com/GORADIO
www.myspace.com/GORADIO
www.myspace.com/natesmith
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
starryxnitez
Sea Post King

so what are the 2 other songs not listed ?
dial r for revenge
Golly, Poster

the description is really confusing.

Quote:
7 songs. About 30 minutes of music. "Telescope Eyes" is much longer, and with a different tempo and slightly different lyrics. Only 5 songs are listed on the cover art, but there are 7. The 5 listed tracks are "Telescope Eyes," "Over The Mountains We go," "Head Against The Sky," "Dream For Me," and "Blackened Crown." The last 2 tracks may be called "I Don't Want To Die" and "Did You Hear Me?" because that's how the chorus goes in each song. Track 2 is a Moss Eisley classic. Gritty guitar and artsy sound effects. Some fans like the non-polished versions of their music better.

"I don't want to die" must be Dream For Me, and "Did you hear me?" must be Blackened Crown. But those are already listed among the 5, so what are the two extra tracks?

"dial" in Welsh means "revenge". If a welsh speaker enters an English phone booth, having paid the coin/phone card the next command the l.e.d screen throws at the customer is "revenge!" thus setting the tone for a confrontational conversation.
(thank you mogwai you are all nuts.)
Joined: 04 May 2004 | Posts: 564 | Location: bristol, england
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
KyleRossP
Sea Post King

Assuming it is a real EP2 (a fake one could be pretty easily made with todays color printers), the 7 tracks are:

1.Telescope Eyes
2.Over The Mountans (We Go)
3.Head Against the Sky
4.Laughing City
5.Mr. Pine
6.Blackened Crown
7.Dream For Me

These are the earlier versions recorded by the band, all of these songs are available for download free on orangegoldandgreen.com It's only the CD cover insert that you're buying, and without seeing it in person, there's no way to tell whether it's a real one, or a reproduction.

A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE EARLY EP's.

Just to clarify, in ancient days of 1999, 2000, and early 2001 the band originally sold "EP1"
1. Pretender
2. Dream For Me
3. Blackened Crown

Then they recorded more songs , and for a brief time sold the 3-track version of "EP2" in 2001. These are hard to find.
1.Telescope Eyes
3.Head Against the Sky

Then they stopped selling "EP1", decided they didn't like Pretender anymore, added the other 2 EP1 tracks onto the end of EP2, and created the more common 5 track "EP2" with the nice new cover insert.
1.Telescope Eyes
3.Head Against the Sky
4. Dream For Me
5. Blackened Crown

When Laughing City and Mr. Pine were recorded, they were added to the "EP2", making a 7 track version. They still had the cover inserts labelled with only 5 tracks, and continued selling them like that until the official "Laughing City" EP came out in early 2003.
All of the EP1's and EP2's are CD-R made by the band themselves at home. The cover insert for EP2 was designed by Boyd and printed at a local print shop.
Most EP1's didn't have any cover insert at all, just a raw CD-R with sharpie writing on the disc. There was, for a brief time, EP1's with a unique cover insert. If anyone owns one of those, it is truly a rarity! A photo of one was posted on this Forum not too long ago.
Kit
Sea Post King

KyleRossP wrote:
This appears to be an Eisley 7-track "EP2", which were sold at MossEisley shows in 2002 and early 2003. There is nothing "demo" or otherwise unique about it. The early "EP2" 's had 5 tracks as listed on the cover insert. The 7 song version was sold later and included those same 5 tracks, plus 2 of the three songs from "EP1". Although you can download all of the songs from OGG, it is cool to have the actual CD....the band hasn't sold them for a long time, and they are quite hard to find, as most who own them don't want to give them up!

OK, I have the 5 track CD. I bought it when I saw them at some show they did in the Summer of 2002 at their parents' coffee house, Brewtones. I didn't realize they sold a 7 track one later, until I read the e-bay auction all the way through that is.

There is a lot that's "demo" about it. It's not released by a record label, it's on a CD-R, "Blackened Crown" and "Dream for Me" are underproduced.....

KyleRossP wrote:
Assuming it is a real EP2 (a fake one could be pretty easily made with todays color printers), the 7 tracks are:

Yeah that's the only thing that is frustrating. If the band blows up and I decide to sell mine later on e-bay if I need the money, I'm wondering how I'm going to make it stick out among the counterfeits. For starters, it's on a CD-R, then all you have to do is replicate the artwork. I wouldn't know how to do it but I'm sure there are folks who can.

Mine has their autographs though so I guess that's a start. Wink
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

jdstories wrote:
Is that Jaime? Ugh! What a crappy time to be poor!

JD

I whole-hardedly agree with that. darn it, why did I have to get the new BSP album the other day!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

So how much are we thinking this will go for? Over $100? Any guesses?