6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Trolleywood
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 81

baret_b
Sea Post King

I heard treetops first. I came to the site (don't remember how) like a few days after Room Noises came out, and turned on the media player and I heard Stacy's vocal bridge in treetops before the chorus and I was like, "woa....that girl can sing" Then I listened to the whole song, bought the cd, downloaded all the OGG songs, and here I am.

If you heard a song other than the ones in the poll, post which.
Reepicheep
Sea Post King

I came here before they redesigned the site and heard the original 'Telescope Eyes', which had me hooked instantly.
Joined: 20 Jun 2005 | Posts: 125 | Location: North Carolina
dont_panic
Vintage Newbie

i sort of heard "marvelous things" first, but that was with my crappy 56k internet, so it skipped and all. the first song i heard all the way through was "i wasn't prepared" when i bought laughing city.
maladroit_me
Lost at Forum

I downloaded some of their songs before I went to the Nashville show of Back to Basics, just so I would be sort of familiar with the openers, but after hearing them live I was hooked. Even before that I would listen to I wasn't prepared over and over again. Such a pretty song.
Joined: 09 Apr 2005 | Posts: 1299 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I found the only copy of Laughing City in my town last September, and the first Eisley song I ever heard was "I Wasn't Prepared." Listening to it was mildly unsafe, as I was in the car driving back from Borders at the time, and really just wanted to drift off in the sonic ocean of that song.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cgar7
Vintage Newbie

the first song i heard was "i wasn't prepared for this" i bought laughing city at tower .i wasn't even sure if Eisley had anything out or what it was called .i was just there with my sis looking around and i thought maybe that band has a c/d .i found it it was cheap andi loved it .finding out about eisley well i guess i was just in the right place at the right time .Kat korbic a dj on the world famous kroq had mentioned them in this like 30 sec.news thing she does .ha she was like "Coldplay just got off tour with a band named Eisley" then she mentioned them again when cochella came around.i was excited because i was gonna go to cochella but that didn't happen Crying or Very sad anyway yeah thank you Kat Korbic .thank you

Here's the game of grand mistakes while floating with a fan above a nothing.The crowd is ready sides are steady you are clutching my hand, it is hurting
Igaveflowerstostacy
Golly, Poster

I downloaded I Wasn't Prepared off Kazaa right before the coldplay tour started

"I was on tour in the United States back in '89 and we did a show in Cincinnati. During that show I shouted out, 'It's great to be in Cincinnati!' That was a lie."
-David Bowie
Joined: 17 Mar 2005 | Posts: 649 | Location: Gotham City, Tennessee
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

i saw them around new years 2003-4 on the Fuse thing with brand new. they premiered the marvy things video.

simple enough. i think about 5 others on this board discovered eisley in the same way.
sizeablescars
Golly, Poster

BNROCKS wrote:
i saw them around new years 2003-4 on the Fuse thing with brand new. they premiered the marvy things video.

simple enough. i think about 5 others on this board discovered eisley in the same way.

yep yep.
Marvelous Things is one of my favorites too. As well as the second song I heard, Head Against the Sky.
cgar7
Vintage Newbie

the sad thing is i knew absolutely nothing about the band exceprd i like their songs until around the time i joined this thing.

Here's the game of grand mistakes while floating with a fan above a nothing.The crowd is ready sides are steady you are clutching my hand, it is hurting
Clark
Vintage Newbie

Well, for me it was Mr. Pine, but I guess I heard Marvelous Things soon after that. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

I remember one day I just searched them in Kazaa after hearing a girl rave about seeing them with Copeland.

I came up with some of the not-so-good demos like Head Against the Sky and old Laughing City, and didn't care for it, but gave the others a try, and wam bam sham here I am.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
Last edited by hisownshot on Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
-Samara-
Vintage Newbie

it was laughing city, and than tree tops...
giant_
Laughing Citizen

marvelous things, i saw the video, and thought they were good but when i heard over the mountains, thats when i was hooked.
evand
Sea Post King

my sister first heard about them when i think their first demos came out from one of her friends, and then when the laughing city ep came out, she showed me their music. i think it was 2000. i'm not soo sure. i remember the first song i heard was laughing city. but i was still in my rap music phase, so i didn't really get into them.