Laughing City
boyd
Eisleyoid

Of course, nothing is official about the Brand New tour....official means ink on paper. I'm not publicly announcing the show. Of course, it IS going to happen. But don't be so sure about the NY show. Rumor has it that eisley might not be playing "that" show with BN; these things are political and are worked out in high places. However, if Eisley doesn't do that show, they'll do their own. Even if only 20 people show up, it will happen.

One thing about this band - it's not about numbers or notoriety... (sp?) They'll put on just as good a show without tons of people.

Gotta go...this recording is sounding too good...ahhh!!!!

Boyd

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
abductee
Laughing Citizen

it would be way cool if Eisley came to SanFrancisco... hmm yes that would be nice... I could promise... err, well I could probably promise that i'd be there (unless there were some sort of catastrophy heh..) and I know at least 12 people who would really really really want to go, and i'm sure there are at least 20 more that I don't know of.. anyway yeah... i've actually got an Eisley San Francisco story, perhaps i'll tell it here..

ok so, I was going to a show in San Francisco (the final Dismemberment Plan show, which rocked my socks off) . Anyway, we got there early (because that's how I operate) so we decided that no trip to SanFrancisco would be complete without a visit to the infamous Haight Street. While there we ate some disgusting McDonalds and jammed into Amoeba Records(which was right there). While looking through all of the records I thought of seeing if Laughing City was available there. So, following my musical nose I wandered over to the "E" section and found some guy leaning where I wanted to look (one of those really 'chic' SanFranciscans, you know the type i'm sure) anyway, the chic guy, obviously knowing tons about music quickly but cooly excused himself, and positioned his posterior (you know, his rear end) on the other side. Thanking him I fumbled through the E's until I found Eisley and Laughing City, I was quite proud of myself, and went to show my friend, who didn't own a copy but listened to the Eisley CD I made for him about a year ago on repeat all the way to LA, and since has commented that Eisley are "so 'f-bombing' good". He however was only browsing, and had no money to actually purchase anything, so we put it back, and as I did the 'chic' guy said something like 'they're really good' but I wasn't sure so I simply replied 'have you heard them?' he said 'no' and I then stated that 'they've got really good music' upon saying this I got one of those little 'knowing' head nodds.. however my friend who was listening more carefully informed me that this guy said 'they're really big' and all I could think was... hmm this guy obviously doesn't know what he's talking about, Eisley just got signed, they aren't big at all... and i was kind of angry that this guy felt like he had to pretend to know of bands that he didn't to keep up his 'cool' image.. wow, wait, I guess that's not much of a story.. damn .. I should stop writing for a while, it's all falling flat hehe..

err, *ehem* sorry again for wasting everyone's time.. I should take a bit of a break from these 'stories' i've been writing too much about nothing lately, and I would delete that big story, however, it took too much time to type out to delete it.. so ha! I'll leave you to sift through my garbage and fluff!

oh and I hope the recording is going well, can't wait for a full album Very Happy Wink

Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1640 | Location: California....
dpwrchick
Sea Post King

hmmm. i liked your story about San Fran. it's a lovely place , i went there once...
WEll I just can't wait to see Eisley, either way, since i am pretty sure that I am not going to be at the adventure club show... so anytime to see them is rather good! and I so want to hear the recording... If i happen to get to see BN along with them, well i don't think that could be a bad thing. So either way , I'm happy! Smile