Laughing City

Will you be at Eisleyfest...I mean ACL fest?
Yup! See ya there!
26%
 26%  [ 10 ]
Yup, but I have no intention of revealing who I am.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Nope. I wish I lived in Texas.
52%
 52%  [ 20 ]
Nope. I hate Texas.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Plain ol' nope.
15%
 15%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 38

jdstories
Vintage Newbie

This thread now comes with a poll!

I believe the Eisleyoids will summon Falcor from Neverending story and he will take them to confront The Nothing, which they will then defeat by transforming into a giant Mecha-Eisley!

Or maybe they might be agreeable to hanging out with some of us losers for the rest of the afternoon/evening.

JD

P.S. I literally just received my ticket from FedEx a few moments ago!

P.P.S. The second poll option was created on the off chance that there may be a man in his 80s or a girl in her teens who is actually a ninja and therefore has to remain undercover.

Sara89
Golly, Poster

Imma thinking they'll try to catch the Arcade Fire and Decemberists and other acts. Maybe some fan hanging-outing like with every show. The Mecha Eisley thing is sounding like the most likely event to happen, though.
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

Sara89 wrote:
The Mecha Eisley thing is sounding like the most likely event to happen, though.

Yeah. I'd like to see an artist's rendition of how that would look.

JD

vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

how bout an answer of I LIVE IN TEXAS BUT I STILL CANT GO Sad Sad Sad yeah, i love so many bands there: eisley, coldplay, the arcade fire... the list goes on and on. but i am only 15 and have no way of getting there
Vintage Newbie

Looks like i'm numero 4. Kham is comin down. That makes 5, if he hasn't voted already.

EDIT: Boyd said he wasn't sure how long they were gonna stick around. We should treat them to a starbucks before they go.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tyler Durden
Golly, Poster

I just voted. YOU HAPPY NOW?!?! Wink

Once again, here's the schedule everyone should be following because that's what I'm doing.

Friday
Saturday
Sunday

myspace
last.fm
Joined: 30 Nov 2003 | Posts: 570 | Location: Somewhere between Hurst, Plano, and Richardson, TX
the igonorance motif
Golly, Poster

no, though i wish i lived in texas. therefore, i chose the 'nope. i wish i lived in texas' option.
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

Clark wrote:
EDIT: Boyd said he wasn't sure how long they were gonna stick around. We should treat them to a starbucks before they go.

Sounds like a plan, but since I only got a one-day ticket I can't re-enter the park. You'll have to take them yourself, unless they stay until Coldplay is done. Besides, I think Texas French Bread makes better coffee.

JD

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I know some Austin baristas by the way. Maybe one that is going to have to work that Sunday. Very Happy

P.S. I have tickets.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

i am trying my hardest and my mother is bending. she might take us!!!!!! then eisley will come sweep me off my feet and we will go riding off on 6 white horses into the sunset............ to the coldplay concert.
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
I know some Austin baristas by the way. Maybe one that is going to have to work that Sunday. Very Happy

P.S. I have tickets.

Awesome. Are you going to have a little piece of paper in your fedora that says "PRESS"?

JD

P.S. Let's get some speculation going, people!

heymela
Sea Post King

Not going. This is probably the one and only time i've ever wished I lived in Texas.

This is saying a lot too because i've been there twice and I hated it both times.

jdstories
Vintage Newbie

heymela wrote:
Not going. This is probably the one and only time i've ever wished I lived in Texas.

This is saying a lot too because i've been there twice and I hated it both times.

Where did you go? Who did you go with? How old are you?

JD

heymela
Sea Post King

jdstories wrote:
heymela wrote:

Where did you go? Who did you go with? How old are you?

JD

Each time I went with my parents. The first time I went to some place where all the old people in Canada migrate down to for the winter. So really its suckiness was more the fact that my brother and sister both had chicken pox and I was surrounded by old people. I was like 9 I think when I went. The second time I went I went to Dallas and the only reason I hated it was because there was this chick in a diner who kept telling me and my cousin we had funny accents and that she wanted us to say "eh" alot. I didn't even think it was possible for people from the prairies to have accents. But other than that I liked Dallas. We went and saw Disney On Ice lol but just because a friend of my moms was skating in it. I was 13/14 when we went that time.

starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

eisley is great! now dont run at me with poisoned daggers and red roses, but they are not that great to fork over the money i dont have to travel to texas to see them