Laughing City
stargazer101
Sea Post King

Anyone else think the song "Pretender" is a pretty song? I'ts one of my favorites right now. I love the ending it's cool. Isn't this the song where Chauntelle sings? which voice is hers?

http://www.straylight6.org/chad/pretender.mp3
norad
Vintage Newbie

its kinda obvious wich voice is hers, well to me at least, she sings the 1st verse and the outro.
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

*waits until somebody says that they should re-record it for the next record*
kate_c
Sea Post King

she also sings harmony on the chorus. I like this song. Chauntelle should sing more! Smile
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

kate_c wrote:
she also sings harmony on the chorus. I like this song. Chauntelle should sing more! Smile

she sings at every show.

she just never has a microphone. Laughing
madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

thesinisterpenguin wrote:

she sings at every show.

At the free yahoo show at the Troubadour she had a microphone. I thought she was going to sing because she had been telling them to raise the volume, but I think she meant her guitar...or maybe her in-ear volume. I did get very excited for a second.

I think maybe the microphone is on when she sings, but she just stays far enough away so the mic doesn't really pick it up. But it's helping her gain confidence. Maybe I just made all of that up, though.

- Dougie Payne, bassist of Travis
================================
http://www.xanga.com/madsenfan35
Joined: 09 Feb 2004 | Posts: 544 | Location: Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

i like it. the lyrics could be worked on, but it's a good song
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

wow. i have that song on my ipod. i have never really listened closely.
picture this: an old time barbershop quartet featuring chautnelle, sherri, stacy, and christie.

-edit-
personally i would rank their voices from deepest to highest as: christie, stacy, chautnelle, sherri. tell me what you think. i like the kind of twang in chauntelles voice.

Vintage Newbie

I love the song, but It's a bias opinion because it's Eisley. Very Happy
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

madsenfan35 wrote:
thesinisterpenguin wrote:

she sings at every show.

At the free yahoo show at the Troubadour she had a microphone. I thought she was going to sing because she had been telling them to raise the volume, but I think she meant her guitar...or maybe her in-ear volume. I did get very excited for a second.

I think maybe the microphone is on when she sings, but she just stays far enough away so the mic doesn't really pick it up. But it's helping her gain confidence. Maybe I just made all of that up, though.

i've seen a show where she didn't have a mic, she uses it to talk between songs because Stacy is quiet and she can't force sherri to take the whole thing on by herself

chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

um... so much for my dirty little secret of proclaiming that pretender shouldn't distributed all the while keeping a copy for myself :-/

just keep in mind that that song was made when the band was exploring a different direction (in my opinion). therefore, has zero chance of seeing light of day beyond that mp3.

dude
Golly, Poster

lets not start this thread again:
http://www.eisley.com/laughingcity/viewtopic.php?t=17011&highlight=pre tender+tabs

hehe agreed!

stargazer101
Sea Post King

whatever.. i just can't talk about anything on this forum because everyone has already talked about everything at least once before!..i don't know what you people want or expect from me..i feel like no one even cares about posts that much anymore.i am still a little new here and people treated me like crap from the first day.. and i was even considering not being on here anymore, but i would rather be here so yeah. i don't care whatever. what the heck does it take for people to like you? to be excepted. geeze... Mad
chasd00

stargazer101 wrote:

whatever.. i just can't talk about anything on this forum because everyone has already talked about everything at least once before!..i don't know what you people want or expect from me..i feel like no one even cares about posts that much anymore.i am still a little new here and people treated me like crap from the first day.. and i was even considering not being on here anymore, but i would rather be here so yeah. i don't care whatever. what the heck does it take for people to like you? to be excepted. geeze... :x

you make a good point about topics that have been covered before. your post about pretender is perfectly valid and it is indeed a pretty song, it's just been talked about so much before but to the newer boardies it's still something that should be discussed and get questions answered. maybe we should adopt the convention that if you see a thread that has been covered before just leave it alone and leave the discussion to other boardies that haven't had the chance to talk about it.

and btw, you participate in a lot of stuff in general and eisleyblog which makes you perfectly accepted

goto page
 | next >>