Laughing City

Which of the following song lists should represent the new 4 song US ep?
Mr Pine, Memories (musical seeds - new song), Sea King, Sun Feet (mike mogis - remixed)
16%
 16%  [ 8 ]
Mr Pine, Marvelous Things (new song), Sea King, Sun Feet
18%
 18%  [ 9 ]
Mr Pine, They All Surrounded Me (new song), Sea King, Sun Feet
22%
 22%  [ 11 ]
I made up my own 4 songs list below.
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Mr Pine, Memories, They All Surrounded Me, Marvelous Things
30%
 30%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 50

boyd
Eisleyoid

i am going to add songs to this post today! I have them. I have them. But first..to go get dog food at the store. And then Dan is coming over to the house to work with the band on pre-production.

Eisley records with Coldplay's British boy-wonder this
week thru next. Then, starting the next week - Eisley
records with Tooth-n-Nail, indie-rock guru: Aaron Sprinkle

We're talking about the US and UK ep's:

Dan Green

Dan Green: just finished mixing Coldplay's latest DVD; he's a young (22? ), blonde haired British lad who's tie with Coldplay is sealed by virtue of the fact that he's the only one they trust to mix them live. If any of you Texas rockers heard Eisley on tour with Coldplay, you've experienced a glimpse of the team - Dan ran front of house for eisley's set after only hearing the CD. I think I have an image of Dan taken while we were in Canada:

http://www.eisley.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1118
(scenes from whence this image came)

This news comes after Dan's recent request to Dave Holmes to work with and produce eisley in some capacity. So, Dave presented the option while we were in England and everyone said "yes". Of course we got to talk to Dan about it...."so Dan, you ready to fly to down to Texas?" He arrives in Tyler tomorrow.

Aaron Sprinkle

Pedro the Lion - (dave) and Aaron recently - Control.

Secondly, it looks like we'll be in Seattle the following week working with late 20-something: Aaron Sprinkle. Some of you know Aaron; some have no clue who he is. Stuff he's done: Early MXPX, recently engineer'd and mixed Pedro the Lion's: Control; produced: Starflyer 59 and Stavesacre's records, The Divorce, Holland, many, many more... He's going to do ONE blown out song of his choice.

So that's it...just keeping you posted. Hope you took the poll. I can't guarantee we'll follow the research gained the forum poll. Not very many take polls typically...We'll see what happens. I'm very interested in hearing your ideas. I realize that few of you have heard memories.

Woah, I should post a listen....how about it? ok. Let me work on it.
------------------

I did. Big disclaimer: This is live from somewhere out on tour with Coldplay - I think in Toronto, Canada...yes, which was their worst show on the tour. This song, "They All Surrounded Me" however, isn't so bad:

http://www.eisley.com/test/theyallsurroundedus(128k).mp3
http://www.eisley.com/test/marvelous.ram (RealOne player)

anyway, it looks like this one won't make it on this ep...but will surely be on the full length. I'm trying to post another song: "marvelous things", but am having trouble getting it to read or work. stay tuned. or not.

bd

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Last edited by boyd on Sat Sep 13, 2003 5:14 pm; edited 16 times in total
diddlebaum
Sea Post King

Mr. Pine
Memories
They All surrounded Me
Trolly Wood.

Why hold anything back.
They (the band) are a music writing machine.
Record all you want, they'll make more. Shocked

And passive aggressiveness.
juan
Lost at Forum

well i dont think i have heard sunfeet. but i think i have heard the rest. had already heard sea king thanks to brian who sent me some live stuffs. i likes that one. i cant remember if all of the others were played at v, but the ones i heard were all fantabulous.

all i can say for deinate is that Mr Pine is a must. it really is THAT good, so really the band dont have a choice but to put that one on for definate if not i shall write a complaint to someone, erm well i dont know who but someone they will listen to. yep i shall write to Kim and get her to tell them that Mr Pine should be on this recording!

oh i didnt vote above. but my views are written in this post. marvelous things, they played that and i liked, i remember that one.

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
HelloResolven
Sea Post King

I just want Marvelous Things and They All Surrounded Me on the same CD. As for the other two, anything will be good.
Protocol Droid

It's a hard choice, but:
They all Surrounded Me, Mr. Pine, Sea King, Memories. (I think?)

Though I haven't heard Sunfeet ... That seems to represent a good balance. But that's just me ... I'd like to have the choice of five songs ... Anyway, anything you guys put out, I will buy and beg many others to buy.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Stephen
Sea Post King

marvelous things ( you knew it was coming)
they all surrounded me
memories
sea king

actually, as long as marvelous things and they all surrounded me are on there, ill be more than happy
Joined: 12 Feb 2003 | Posts: 259 | Location: athens, grand prairie, denton.... im a nomad
boyd
Eisleyoid

I'll try to get clips of more. That was a live song...so, no matter. I'll try to get an acoustic version of "memories" or whatever they're going to call it. No drums...but, beautiful. And...also one of "Marvelous Things". It'll take me a while and we're trying to clean our house cuz we pick Dan up at 4:10 tomorrow.

Do you even like the songs? Or...should I just take them off. yeah, I'll just take them off....that's what i'll do...I'm gonna take em off RIGHT NOW!!! bd

rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

Mmmm... Sun Feet. I like that song. I remember hearing it at the Coldplay concert in Houston. I haven't heard it in a while. I do have a live version floating around here somewhere. Perhaps I'll dig it up so I can listen to it again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

marvelous things and memories on the same cd would make me want to dance for joy...

i clicked the link, but the sound didn't work, like it played, and the little cursor moved on the little line, but no sound... hmmm... my computer is retarded.
Andrew
Lost at Forum

my system wont accept quicktime. Welp it looks like Im gonna have to boot up the old laptop. Ill be back in a sec.

DOODLE
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1479 | Location: Dallas, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
boyd
Eisleyoid

nope. it's my fault. I uploaded the file but it's apparently just a link to the mother file on my drive - which explains why it's opening only on my apple. Will post new link soon. bd

swiss army romance
Golly, Poster

Considering Mr. Pine is the only one of those songs that I've heard (I live in southern Ohio, far from Eisley's shows), I'll leave the voting up to the experts.

Joined: 26 Jul 2003 | Posts: 754 | Location: Good ole' Goshen, Oh-hi-Oh
kris
Ubernerd Moderator

Mr Pine, Memories, They All Surrounded Me, Marvelous Things.

wow. an awesome four songs. PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE.

markr
Lost at Forum

well i love mr pine thats the only other song i ever heard so far but people say trollywood is brilliant thats what the world needs is another eisley record im excited
ptah
Sea Post King

I voted for the fourth one, but want to put in a vote for Silver Bugs. It's gotta be on a future recording...if not the ep, then the full length cd.

P.

www.myspace.com/ptah
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address