Laughing City
Jonathan Clark
Sea Post King

Yeah, so Friday night I was going to Good Records. From the way I get there I am required to go through Deep Ellum, passing The Door on my way. Well, it being this past Friday night, I knew that Moss Eisley was playing at the aforementioned club. However, the reason for my going to Good Records being to purchase a ticket for the Polyphonic Christmas concert, coupled with the fact that I had twenty dollars available to spend, thripled (you like that, eh?) with the fact that the ticket I intended to purchase costed eighteen dollars, I had decided early on that unless I could think of a really good way to charm ol' Russ into letting me in for two dollars or less, I would not be attending a Moss Eisley show this night.
By the way, purchasing one ticket can kinda be embarrassing, if you let yourself think about it too much. I mean, basically what you're letting the guy who works behind the counter know is 1.) you have no one to go to the show with, or 2.) you're too cheap to pay for someone else's ticket. This being a Christmas show, it seems that such a thing would be looked down upon with extra loathing, since references to being "Scrooge-like" are sure to come to mind. Anyway, I was almost thinking that it would be worth it to buy two tickets just to save face, but the fact remained that I had enough money only to buy one. Now I'll never be able to show my face in there again. Poop.
Ok, so anyway, I'm driving to GR, and as I pass TD I drive precariously close to some short-fair-haired (the short is to be applied to the hair, by the way [phew]) young hipster confabulating by the side of the road. I pass without mishap, and a little while down the road I realize that yes, that very likely was the girl who stands all the way to the right! Of course this is all back-of-the-head-recognition mixed with a bit of conjecture, so maybe I almost killed some other human being -- like all those moronic soldiers who come out of nowhere to be killed in a James Bond film, you know, extras -- but still, it just doesn't do to run over local celebrities, so, um my apologies.

The day it single with half is done. Today I questioned all never. I have two way to choose: To be forever to crush and miss of with relief compensating single close to the failure memory, or cynicism. No the exit. I do not want either or one. Do fact any life does it come here, or it is only myself? A choice between torturing or the very grotesque escape.

-Josey Price

comrade
Kappa962
I LIKE KNOBS, FADERS

Dude, it's totally cool to go to shows by yourself. If you're paying attention to the band, you can't really give much attention to the person you're with anyhow. So, when I run a record store, you can look forward to coming in and buying single tickets without embarassment. You could say with pride,[que inspiring music] "I want a single ticket to the Polyphonic Christmas concert, because I am comfortable with my individuality, and am not a sheep who always has to have someone else with them in order to do anything." Hell yeah.
-Mark
kris
Ubernerd Moderator

you almost killed sherri (or [insert name of other sherri-lookalike])?! you pooty head!

um. i saw the polyphonic spree last night. go meh.

gRegor
the gEek

Smooth move, Ex-lax. Smile
Sherri
Sea Post King

yes, it was most likely myself...not your fault.
probably mine for being an idiot and standing too close to the road.
quite alright....just make sure it doesn't happen again.
and who are you calling short? everyone is short to you john.
ar har har.
jk.

My dumb photos for fun.
http://flickr.com/photos/photostoshare1/
A bit of the art...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sherrisink/
Older art...
http://img23.photobucket.com/albums/v68/slitgizzard/ArtWork/
Jonathan Clark
Sea Post King

Speaking of John, I just saw The Paper Chase a couple hours ago. John C. (hey wait, I'm John C. too (except I generally disallow people to call me John (but I can't get mad at Sherri, cause after all, I nearly killed her!))) had lost his voice. It actually kinda added to the effect.
The day it single with half is done. Today I questioned all never. I have two way to choose: To be forever to crush and miss of with relief compensating single close to the failure memory, or cynicism. No the exit. I do not want either or one. Do fact any life does it come here, or it is only myself? A choice between torturing or the very grotesque escape.

-Josey Price

comrade
Sherri
Sea Post King

i'm most sorry jonathan...won't happen again.
i gut used to calling our jon, "jon"...you must forgive my addle-braindedness.

My dumb photos for fun.
http://flickr.com/photos/photostoshare1/
A bit of the art...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sherrisink/
Older art...
http://img23.photobucket.com/albums/v68/slitgizzard/ArtWork/
Jonathan
Sea Post King

i forgive you.
-jon. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
spheric1
Sea Post King

Dude I've been to shows where I was the only one there besides the youth group of the church where the concert was at and some parents and leaders--but that's just the scene around here (or should I say lack of scene?).

"Whoso knoweth himself well, is lowly in his own sight and
delighteth not in the praises of men." Thomas A' Kempis
Sea Post King

Listen to Buck Rodgers by Feeder. What a dumb, cool little song. Laughing
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

omgzzz jonathan eisley tried to kill sherri eisley Surprised
Jonathan Clark
Sea Post King

Wow. Who performed a resurrection on this post?

-Josey Price

comrade
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Ha, that's what I was thinking. Olde. Before my time ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

it's that chris aldrin who resurrected this. but why Question
Jonathan
Sea Post King

because he smells like cheese.