Laughing City
jeannette84xx
Sea Post King

Okay well here are a few quick prints I took home and scanned today. They are just first tries so I'll still need to work on them. Blasted that flash too hard, feel really bad about momentarily blinding people with that flash. But the negatives turned out great, way better quality than the digital pics I took. I turned in my best prints and they'll be up soon in the..something gallery, forget the name but it's BU's main fine arts one. So I guess this is just a little preview. I'll have more and better pictures in my portfolio, can link you guys to my digital portfolio once they are up if it seems like there are people interested. Sorry I couldn't get many decent shots of the boys. And more coming soon.. perhaps soon, no promises.

For those interested, these were taken with an Olympus OM-1. It's older than me, was my dad's before I was even born. On t-max 400 b+w film
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

nice pics.

from the way your post was worded it sounds as if you develop the pictures yourself? Do you have a dark room?

I'm just about to start using my dad's old Olympus OM-10 from tomorrow (first time I've been to photography club in weeks). He's taught me (briefly) into how to use it. Can't wait!

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
Grantticus
Golly, Poster

i was in my first dark room today.
developing starts next week.
woot!

Luke's Mom
Sea Post King

Do you dislike Chauntelle?
Joined: 26 Jul 2004 | Posts: 420 | Location: Cranberry Bog, MA
jeannette84xx
Sea Post King

Luke's Mom wrote:
Do you dislike Chauntelle?

WHAT?!! Why do you ask?!!! I like Chauntelle, she is really sweet, friendly, infectiously smiley, beautiful and just generally awesome. I was totally singing along while trying to take a lot of pictures and a few times she glanced at me and like smiled bigger and it just felt so nice. I was nervous because I knew my flash is big blinding bright light and I was hoping Sherri wouldn't like kick me in the head because the flashes were so annoying. I put Chauntelle's picture last because out of those 3 I thought it was the best one. Did you ask because I put her picture last?

And no I don't have my own dark room but I do process develope and print these pictures the old fashion way with all those crazy chemicals.
Jay
Golly, Poster

i was gonna ask if you used a flash, but you answered that. good work. i am a sucker for high contrast.
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

nice pics

i remember you walking around up front taking those too.
jeannette84xx
Sea Post King

BNROCKS wrote:
nice pics

Oh really? I wanted to meet some Eisley fans... ah next time. Very Happy

Were you up front? There were some guys up front right behind the baracade like trying to hug me or grab me or something, yelling "Hey camera girl!". That was really weird.
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

jeannette84xx wrote:
BNROCKS wrote:
nice pics

Were you up front? There were some guys up front right behind the baracade like trying to hug me or grab me or something, yelling "Hey camera girl!". That was really weird.

Laughing noooooo not me. i was in the secondish row though.

at the end of eisley's set, i waited for boyd to get me a setlist, i walked over to the booth to get the tour poster, and then i left. i was with some pushy friends, so i didn't stick around.
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

Those pictures freakin' rule.

JD

jeannette84xx
Sea Post King

BNROCKS wrote:
jeannette84xx wrote:
BNROCKS wrote:
nice pics

at the end of eisley's set, i waited for boyd to get me a setlist, i walked over to the booth to get the tour poster, and then i left. i was with some pushy friends, so i didn't stick around.

Where do you go to school, just curious. And do you play any instruments? *the cogs are turning*
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

jeannette84xx wrote:
BNROCKS wrote:
jeannette84xx wrote:
BNROCKS wrote:
nice pics

Where do you go to school, just curious. And do you play any instruments? *the cogs are turning*

i go to school at wentworth, it's over by the fenway and all the hospitals on longwood street.

and no, i'm not cool enough to play any instruments.