Laughing City
loner_xtreme
Sea Post King

jamiga wrote:
Blah. I don't have a myspace. I am anti-myspace. I'll just wait until OGG puts it up. Come on Hannah!!

i don't think you have to be a member to download the video. Wink
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

it wasnt downloading for me it was just streaming

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Maximum x Mat
Sea Post King

such a cool video.

Sherri reminds me so much of Maria on Roswell.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
horseslam
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
So, I can't watch it because I'm on a Mac. THANKS A LOT MYSPACE.

ME TOO.

wait, i have a pc downstairs!

granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

that...was...terrible...I just...I don't even know what was going on...like there was probably a good storyline at some point, but instead of releasing a 9 minute short film, they cut a 3 and some change hack job...I really hope we get to see the full thing some day, like incased in an Eisley DVD.

*Spoiler type esque warning, do not read further*

positive note- the band looked freakin awesome! I was totally blown away by the colors, they were rad. The style was cool all around.

criticisms- since when do we put spoken dialog in a music video? Subtitles would be preferred to interrupting the song. Ryan and I, both sick at this point, almost died when they randomly shot to the dude in the space suit, we started laughing and it evolved into hacking up our lungs.

This really makes me mad, cos if that's anyone's first introduction to Eisley they're gonna think the band is all super-artsy weird and over your head with this bizzare imagery.

giant_
Laughing Citizen

The band looked cool, the story and talking was lame. I didnt understand what was going on and they talked during parts where they were singing. not cool. but other than that if you take out the talking it could could be a dang good performance video.
norad
Vintage Newbie

granpaturtle wrote:
that...was...terrible...I just...I don't even know what was going on...like there was probably a good storyline at some point, but instead of releasing a 9 minute short film, they cut a 3 and some change hack job...I really hope we get to see the full thing some day, like incased in an Eisley DVD.

*Spoiler type esque warning, do not read further*

positive note- the band looked freakin awesome! I was totally blown away by the colors, they were rad. The style was cool all around.

criticisms- since when do we put spoken dialog in a music video? Subtitles would be preferred to interrupting the song. Ryan and I, both sick at this point, almost died when they randomly shot to the dude in the space suit, we started laughing and it evolved into hacking up our lungs.

This really makes me mad, cos if that's anyone's first introduction to Eisley they're gonna think the band is all super-artsy weird and over your head with this bizzare imagery.

AH! yes! i agree. that's waht i was sayign in my post. i thaught that subtitles would have been best as well. we think alike sometimes mr.
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

yeah the dialogue was a little much, they shouldve just had it at the beginning and end.
Sea Post King

Actually, that didn't work, going on my dads pc to see it.
I heard the music, but all I saw was a green screen.
Green, and nothing more.

granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

vivalaspopie wrote:
yeah the dialogue was a little much, they shouldve just had it at the beginning and end.

back pedaler

ryan fisher
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
i thaught that subtitles would have been best as well.

+1

it would make it like the "just" video or something Laughing

but i must say, the set was cool and the band looked awesome
jeannette84xx
Sea Post King

hmm.... well maybe i'll grow to like it

well i mean i liked it but i didnt love it, the speaking parts are annoying..and not too great.. i want to see more eisley. The pink heel stepping on the pedal shot is hot

horseslam... uhh your picture looks so familiar, i feel like i saw your myspace recently? hmm but through who.. a mutual friend maybe.. hmm
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

I liked the video as far as like, you know... how cool it looked. But the talking made NO SENSE to me, and like you guys said, I think subtitles would have gotten better reviews over this.

HOWEVER, I really love this song... and at least the band looked cool, and I love Garrons bass. I know they put hard work into it, and THEY weren't doing the talking, so I'm gonna blame those lame actors.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

I agree with Andrew in that if thats anyones first introduction to Eisley, they are going to get the wrong impression.
So far, none of their videos have made sense. Or even pertained to the song whatsoever. Just doing live concert footage would be better, in my opinion.
And Stacy looked like Cher in that video. And Chauntelle looked like she had an inch of makeup on.
I understood that a lot of favors were called in for the making of this video, and a lot of talented people put it together. I am really disappointed. Eisley deserves better.

Bleh- I realize how rude I sound. I was just really hyped up about the release of the video.

Last edited by jamiga on Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

come on people, its not that bad. aside from the speaking parts, i thought it was pretty good. i did like the boyd-made IWP video though.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>