patrock wrote:
i am a robot and you are an alien

brighten what

hi www.myspace.com/musicislove
Joined: 03 Apr 2005 | Posts: 611 | Location: rice lake, wisconsin
judd
Sea Post King

cacie

you are quite the brilliant person as well.

but that's off-topic.

my apologies, everyone. Embarassed

myspace.com/juddortiz
Jay
Golly, Poster

i'm so thankful my life isn't public...or, i guess that no one gives a crap as to pry into my life.

i feel so bad...its like, how much must it suck to sit down and be like 'lets see how many weird internet posts about my life can be made today.' or try to ignore that, and then think 'these are people who like my band and they arent trying to weird me out...but welp!'

thats probably not what they all feel, but i sure would. i'd be so creeped out its not even funny.

if i ever stumble into the public light, i'm probably gonna seem like a giant jerk a lot of the time.

thats why i try not to be weird to them, and if i am...well then i apologize for it. if i seem as though i speak familiarly to them or around them, its because i dont want to elevate them to some diefied position or something...cos that weirds people out. theyre just regular folks who are exceptionally talented and got lucky to have people want to listen to what's inside them.

loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

Jay wrote:
i'm so thankful my life isn't public...or, i guess that no one gives a crap as to pry into my life.

oh goodness, me too. i always think it's strange how everytime one of them posts, threads pop up about it. (no offense to people who start them, or anything of that sort. y'all are very kind.)
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

actually, it sounded sort of mean to me. it's not like we're obsessed with them individually. sure, we ask occasional questions about their hair, maybe make a post asking one of them to say hello or how is their day... nothing out of the usual.
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

starnothing wrote:
actually, it sounded sort of mean to me. it's not like we're obsessed with them individually. sure, we ask occasional questions about their hair, maybe make a post asking one of them to say hello or how is their day... nothing out of the usual.

were you refering to me, or stacy's entry?

edit: nevermind.
Last edited by loveisachemical on Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Clark
Vintage Newbie

starnothing wrote:

I'm sure she didn't aim to be mean. She is probably just weirded out or frustrated about some of the threads going around. Wouldnt you be a little wierded out if someone was talking about your hair/face/body/spine/lovelife/etc everyday? I even get uncomfortable when I see personal threads about the band. But anywho, i'm sure the last thing that girl would do is be mean to her fans.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
4th Month of the Year
Lost at Forum

Clark wrote:
Wouldnt you be a little wierded out if someone was talking about your hair/face/body/spine/lovelife/etc everyday? I even get uncomfortable when I see personal threads about the band.

I totally agree. Theres a fine line between being a little curious and prying.

easternglow
Sea Post King

Clark wrote:
starnothing wrote:

I'm sure she didn't aim to be mean. She is probably just weirded out or frustrated about some of the threads going around. Wouldnt you be a little wierded out if someone was talking about your hair/face/body/spine/lovelife/etc everyday? I even get uncomfortable when I see personal threads about the band. But anywho, i'm sure the last thing that girl would do is be mean to her fans.

Oh... Well I'm actually kind of surprised
some people thought it was mean. To me,
it sounded like she was just stating facts.
But you never know on the internet since
it's hard to convey how someone is really
feeling with only text to judge by.
But some of the past threads, I do agree,
have been completely inappropriate or just...
awkward, ya know? Razz
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

Jay wrote:
thats why i try not to be weird to them, and if i am...well then i apologize for it. if i seem as though i speak familiarly to them or around them, its because i dont want to elevate them to some diefied position or something...cos that weirds people out. theyre just regular folks who are exceptionally talented and got lucky to have people want to listen to what's inside them.

i don't know. i've always been a tad bit annoyed when people act completely normal around a band/singer/actor/wellknown person. i mean, yes, they're normal people too, but at the same time, it's almost... insulting to me. to just... act like they're the same as the next person. they aren't.

i don't mean for anyone to worship them, of course. that's silly. but these are, as you said, "exceptionally talented" people. you don't meet people like them every day, you just don't. i was horribly shy when i met them a few weeks ago because... i'll just be honest, i'm a bit in awe of them. if someone can inspire me the way they do and i can listen to their music repeatedly without tiring of it, i might subconsciously put them on the proverbial pedestal. maybe that's just me.

perhaps i'm wrong for thinking this way. i don't know. and i don't mean to accuse you of disrespecting the band at all, in fact, i know where you're coming from. but i like to think that if they're special enough for us all to talk about them all the time, listen to their thoughts and feelings, and buy their albums and merchandise and show tickets, they're special enough to be considered a little "more" than the average joe on the corner.

or maybe i just like them way too much and i need to get a hobby. that too. Razz
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jay
Golly, Poster

well i mean, they arent just average joe on the corner...i don't know. its not like i know any of the duprees well either. i just think i'm comfortable enough being around them that i know that they are just normal. its not that they're not special people or talented people...its that they're just regular people too. i mean, the last thing i want to do when i get the chance to say hi and catch up is talk about their band. they do that all the dang time. lets talk about harry potter or rocks or tennis or belt buckles...any thing but their band.

maybe i'm totally incorrect and uncool to be all like that. and if i was, i'd never know because they're all too gracious to say anything about it, lol.

but i figure it like this...if it bothers anyone, i'd trust that boyd would ninja me.

i'm gonna stop talking about it because i feel like...weird or creepy talking about em.

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

There is a reason why they don't have comment sections in their journals. I think people should really think hard before bringing their journals into the forum. Smile

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

starnothing wrote:

Quote:

Sorry you felt that. Try and remember that Stacy is young. Getting signed at the age of 14. You don't get a training manual on how to feel when your life becomes public.
Growing into more of a public role is not easy....(for any of us DuPree's). We are very down to earth people. It does feel strange sometimes that anyone would care about all the details of their lives, but at the same time, it's very normal.
I mean...what is really going on with Nick and Jessica! We stand there ourselves in the store line and flip through the mags, and even buy a few....for entertainment purposes. It is normal.
Does it make it easy for them to accept it or be comfortable with it? Not really. Not to mention, there are strange situations that they deal with too, that we don't make public. How are they suppose to know the difference between fan and obsessed fan? It does wear on you, and causes you to become very cautious. Now, even their journals are being openly criticized. All of these things drive another nail into the fence that you unconsciously, or consciously begin to build. It is a natural defense mechanism to begin to protect yourself from what could be a scary, or dangerous situation, or even just open criticism.
I understand why Bjork went psycho on the photographer trying to snap shots of her baby. We had distant relatives invading on privacy this weekend. Shoving the camera in Stacy's face, (while she was eating), even after she had been told 10 times to ask first, or put the camera away.

Trust me....it just gets weird. 90% of the fans are just that....loving fans, but they do deal with things that are unpleasant....and that's all I will say about that.
Believe me when I say, Stacy's comments were not meant to be rude, or condescending....it reflects some of the harder things they have dealt with.
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

Kimbrtones wrote:
I understand why Bjork went psycho on the photographer trying to snap shots of her baby.

Actual that lady just said "Welcome to [wherever they were]." Smile

But yeah, about privacy...

Sometimes I regret knowing as much as I do about Eisley, and that's even not too much compared to the next Eisliac or whatever they're calling themselves these days.

Even if Stacy's post was meant to be a little harsh, I certainly can't blame her.
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Well, about the Bjork thing....if I remember the video that I saw, it looked like there was a camera involved. Maybe it was something else.
Anyway, I know of several paparazzi stories where the celeb went nuts.
After dealing with just a minor incident like this, it becomes understandible.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>