Laughing City
pktechgirl
Sea Post King

Now, I really dislike Peta, but a friend of mine sent this link. Apparently Stacy is a vegetarian? Is this true? I'm just curious to know if this is true or just another made up story by lovely ole, extremist Peta.

http://www.peta2.com/OUTTHERE/o-eisleyvegout.asp

(And I'm not looking for some politic argument, so keep the snipey comments to me to yourself. Thank you.)

loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

Check this thread:
http://www.eisley.com/laughingcity/viewtopic.php?t=20301

And since she says she is in the interview, I am assuming she is.
pktechgirl
Sea Post King

Ah okay. I didn't see something right away. I'll delete the thread (if I can). Thank you.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Stacy's journey to not eating meat, stemmed from the fear that they all went through during the recording of the record, and I was at home in Texas, facing heart surgery.
It was at that time that our whole family starting eating healthier. We hardly eat any meat, but Stacy has just eleminated it all together.

Healthy foods....taste so good....
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

pktechgirl wrote:
Apparently Stacy is a vegetarian? Is this true?

I don't know, those pictures look convincing though. Wink

That page made me lol. They all look so happy around food.

What i'd like to know is if PETA is so concerned about animal cruelty, why do they endorse foods that are supposed to taste like meat?

I support vegetarians who are so for health reasons.
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
livewirerach
Sea Post King

i was vegetarian for a while, and still tend to eat more on that side (and as i love to cook, i cater to all of the liberal vegans that dc is overflowing with), but i have never understood the idea of "meat substitutes". if you choose not to eat meat, why have something like chik nuggets, a veggie burger, or tofu-made-to-taste-like-something-other-than-itself? this is more of a rhetorical question than anything else.
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

because i cant live without meat..ha. i mean for me i'd just cut down on that stuff. i dont eat a lot of beef to begin with. chicken's healthier, and i dont even eat a lot of that. but im a weakling, so i have to get my protein from somewhere... all i know is if i didnt have the meats around, it's harder to figure out what i CAN eat to get that protein and i bet we wouldnt buy any of it.
Clark
Vintage Newbie

livewirerach wrote:
i was vegetarian for a while, and still tend to eat more on that side (and as i love to cook, i cater to all of the liberal vegans that dc is overflowing with), but i have never understood the idea of "meat substitutes". if you choose not to eat meat, why have something like chik nuggets, a veggie burger, or tofu-made-to-taste-like-something-other-than-itself? this is more of a rhetorical question than anything else.

Well, I can think of a few reasons. It gives you the same taste(some will debate this Wink) without the fat, cholesterol, etc. And also, protein, protein, protein. Substitutes like that serve as a great provider of protein.

I've been a vegetarian for a little over a year now... and i'll tell you this. I think meat tastes good. No, I think Meat tastes GREAT. But if something (veggie burgers, tofu, any meat substitutes out there) can give you the same taste, with more health benefits. I say... why not?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Clark wrote:
livewirerach wrote:

Well, I can think of a few reasons. It gives you the same taste(some will debate this Wink) without the fat, cholesterol, etc. And also, protein, protein, protein. Substitutes like that serve as a great provider of protein.

I've been a vegetarian for a little over a year now... and i'll tell you this. I think meat tastes good. No, I think Meat tastes GREAT. But if something (veggie burgers, tofu, any meat substitutes out there) can give you the same taste, with more health benefits. I say... why not?

Y'know ... I've been on Rachel's side on this for a while, but you make a lot of sense. Ha. I can dig that explanation. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

aww. that was such a sweet video.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
Stacy's journey to not eating meat, stemmed from the fear that they all went through during the recording of the record, and I was at home in Texas, facing heart surgery.
It was at that time that our whole family starting eating healthier. We hardly eat any meat, but Stacy has just eleminated it all together.

There go the DuPrees shattering more Texas stereotypes...

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:

good idea.
I may still eat meat, but I respect anyone who seeks veggieness in an attempt to live a healthier life. Props to Stacy.

thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

granpaturtle wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:

good idea.
I may still eat meat, but I respect anyone who seeks veggieness in an attempt to live a healthier life. Props to Stacy.

i'm a vegetarian and always have been.
my parent's rule, thats why.
oh, and i agree with Stacy's decision. good on you.
Smile
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I had no idea Stacy was a vegetarian. That is so cool. Triple props to her.

golly andrew wrote:
What i'd like to know is if PETA is so concerned about animal cruelty, why do they endorse foods that are supposed to taste like meat?

For people who have been eating meat for a long time and want to make a switch, it's easier for them to get into vegan life if they have a healthy alternative that tastes like the meat they've been acclimated to. I guess mainly their goal is to convert people by endorsing these alternatives.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
Gameboybob
Vintage Newbie

being a vegetarian rocks! (i am one of them, i think like 7 months without any meat)

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=gameboybob

http://www.myspace.com/thegameboy
Joined: 01 Aug 2003 | Posts: 5453 | Location: Nagoya, Japan

goto page
 | next >>