Laughing City
SamuraiPunk
Vintage Newbie

"THIS is my only journal and all
others are waxy impostures who need to be melted with smoldering
candelabra's. They should also stop hacking into peoples photobuckets
and stealing their pictures. Jerks. "Sherri
http://www.eisley.com/journals/sherri/

so there are people makings blogs pretending to be sherri?
how pathetic.it's like what's fun about doing that?

Last edited by SamuraiPunk on Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
BenC
Golly, Poster

Yeah there was a fake Sherri myspace
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

There are also fake livejournals.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
SamuraiPunk
Vintage Newbie

BenC wrote:
Yeah there was a fake Sherri myspace

i found a bunch.

http://search.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=find&circuitaction=sear ch&searchType=network&interesttype=&searchBy=First&f_first_name=sherri +dupree

Last edited by SamuraiPunk on Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
guitargalash
Golly, Poster

I just think it is really sick, even if they admit they are fakes, I mean seriously what is the point. Why would you want to do that to someone, hacking into her account on photobucket? Wow some people are rediculous!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
pzy
Wookie Luke

I parse a lot of RSS feeds for Eisley, and I come across a handful of these fake journals about once a week. It's really kind of weird.

They're pretty forthcoming about being fake, but I guess there's entire communities dedicated to "roleplaying" as celebrities, major and minor, and interacting with eachother in the persona they chose, and leading a whole fake interactive internet life which sometimes reads like Bizarro comics (nerd reference).

Most (if not all) of the fake Sherri journals make some reference to her being with, being married to, and even having KIDS with Jesse Lacey, so I assume the whole "pretend to be sherri/stacy" thing sprung forth from adament Brand New fans, who either like Eisley, or jumped on the fact Sherri and Jesse used to date, or already roleplayed other people with a connection to Brand New, be it Jesse himself, or friends/family.

I think it's a girl thing, because you don't see too many people roleplaying as guy celebrities, and I guess it's sort of an escapism sort of thing. It's mostly harmless, but it must be pretty creepy for the major and minor celebrities who might happen upon someone pretending to be them - especially for Eisley, who are pretty internet savvy and probably see that sort of thing a lot.

musicislove
Golly, Poster

that cereal that she has there IS amazing. its all i've had for breakfast for the last month Smile everyone go eat it, it makes your mouth really happy

hi www.myspace.com/musicislove
Joined: 03 Apr 2005 | Posts: 611 | Location: rice lake, wisconsin
boone
Vintage Newbie

There's a Sherri Myspace that's fooling a lot of people. When I found it, I'm pretty sure there was a comment from Madison Dupree that said, "I'm pretty sure you're not Sherri," that is now gone.

And people are still adding it.

People are freaks.

summeroflike
Sea Post King

Let's see how much stuff this stirs up. Anyway, addressing what Sherri said about fake Sherri journals- most of the ones I've seen before are roleplay journals. Yes, I roleplay, however I do not roleplay any of the Dupree's but interestingly enough that's how I found out about Eisley.

I bet you're wondering why exactly people feel the need to roleplay. First off, we don't mean any harm by it at all. We're simply fans just like the rest of you guys, but we probably have a bit more time on our hands than you guys do. It's a good way to get people to know about your favorite bands as well. For instance, the people who roleplay one of the Dupree's could be an awesome writing and give the celeb they're portraying a good personality, if your character clicks with theirs you start learning more about the band and sometimes you want to be involved more with their fan base and eventually you become a fan. As for me- the reason I roleplay is because I enjoy writing and would like to pursue a career in journalism one day. This helps me strengthen my writing skills, you encounter so many good writers and it's a privelegde to write with them. Naturally, you only want to make your writing better to do theirs justice.

There's different types of roleplay: celeb, played-by in which they use a celeb's face to go with a personality and a backstory they create. It may seem creepy, yes, but people who roleplay mean no harm in anything they do. It's just to improve your writing, strengthen your imagination and to get time off of your hands. Everyone worries about whether or not they're even doing the celeb they portray justice. Most of the people I know and have met through roleplaying respect the celeb they love and don't want them to be upset by it. I just wanted to put in my two cents, and let ya'll know what the deal was behind roleplaying. I had nothing but good intentions behind this to let ya'll know the reasons why people roleplay instead of assuming we're stalkers and should be banned from the internet or any of that non-sense.
Last edited by summeroflike on Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Welcome! Smile Feel free to stick around!

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

i'm a fake sherri.

(i'm not really!)

PS™ bye bye Ben, we miss you.
Kspice
Golly, Poster

Hacking into someone's photobucket is just GROSS! Those people need to be drafted into the Army or something and just seriously, seriously get a life.
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

I think with Sherri's myspace (which I'm fairly certain is fake), it's throwing a lot of people off because Jon Wilson (who has a real myspace) has the account listed under his top eight along with other of his real friends, and Weston's myspace.

So, I think people are like, "well, if Jon has her on his top eight, it must be real!" I'm sure if it is fake, he is not aware. Maybe Sherri should let him know if it is a fake one so he can take it off?
kyle
Lost at Forum

I just want to legally see some of Sherri's photos
"for fun lookage attage"

amidthestars
Vintage Newbie

fake plastic sherri's.

how ridiculous...

all your kind, they're coming clean
they shut their eyes
their mess, their scene

goto page