Laughing City
vintage_people898
Sea Post King

hi everyone! i just bought tickets to go see eisley at the metro on april 7 i was wondering if they will meet with people after the show. i'm just asking because i know that they are headlining and usually only the pre-show bands meet people after the show.
im the sea king
Golly, Poster

it depends. ive met bands who have headlined after the show. you just got to be prepared to wait. maybe a while, maybe not. but good luck...il probably be waiting there with ya hahah

wait for it

DARY!
monique
Sea Post King

You can probably catch them before the show too. I always see people from the bands I'm seeing walking around the venue.
Last time when Eisley was at the Metro with Hot Hot Heat, I remember Sherri and Stacy were outside for a little bit. They might just been walking to their van or something, but they were out there for a few minutes.
They might be at the merch table during the opening acts as well.

Have a good time at the show. I can't go because I'm already seeing Say Anything. I hate when two bands I like come on the same day...

boyd
Eisleyoid

i approach this subject delicately - cuz, of course, i know you guys would be interested in meeting them; but i have my doubts as to whether or not they'll do official signing's. For SO many years, they've done it. I mean like - 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and most of 2005. At the Metro last time, they signed for like an hour... boof, boof, hugs, click, click... the line went from where they were in the merch booth - thru the middle of the venue, turned the corner, up the stairs... At the last show, the line was so long, it disrupted the other bands and Sherri lost her voice.

This isn't whining, i promise; it's super encouraging to meet you guys. They're always...like, wow... that was amazing; this one girl... or did you talk to the guy with... blah, blah, blah... They come back with trinkets and cd's and things people made for them, etc. But it's getting hard to do it. If only it was just a few people or small crowd that were interested. ha ha. In addition, this tour is going to be pretty rigorous. Show after show without days off in many cases. That means less sleep... increased stress... remember, we're still in a van.

So... here's the deal. I always say this: they have to come in and they have to come out. Coming in, they might be a little fast paced and straight forward; hanging out between shows is luck of the draw. If you can find 'em, go say hello. After shows, I always say, "they have to come out!" ha ha... eventually. Most people don't want to stay that late.

hope this doesn't suck too bad. i confess, i wish bands could sign at merch booths but i begin to understand how it gets tough.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

When I saw them at one of the yahoo shows, I waited until 1am after the show (partly because of the aftershow party thing). It was totally worth it though, but I still haven't met Sherri.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Well I'm glad the Metro show is on a Friday. We have to drive 2 hours to my parents, drop the kids off there, then into the city, then apparently wait around if we want to meet anyone after the show. My parents are in the Chicago far west burbs so I guess we will be spending the night. Of course my wife doesn't even listen to Eisley (I tried but she never gave them a good listen, and she has cassette in her minivan and I have Room Noises and Laughing City on CD and on my MP3 player). So I may not be able to convince her to hang around late. She dragged me to Kelly Clarkson so I'm kinda dragging her to this one. So maybe we'll meet you but maybe not. Should be fun either way.
vintage_people898
Sea Post King

i am willing to wait as long as possible. When i saw tegan and sara at the metro i waited an hour and a half to meet them in the freezing cold it was totally worth it we were the only people left.
judd
Sea Post King

we waited for them for about an hour and a half as well at the vic theatre in chicago.

that was the best ever. like, of all time.

myspace.com/juddortiz
horseslam
Sea Post King

judd wrote:
we waited for them for about an hour and a half as well at the vic theatre in chicago.

Yeah, not fair. I just wanted to meet Garron, since I had met the others a year ago.

Didn't they come out like... five minutes after I left?

the igonorance motif
Golly, Poster

horseslam wrote:
judd wrote:

Yeah, not fair. I just wanted to meet Garron, since I had met the others a year ago.

Didn't they come out like... five minutes after I left?

more like four minutes.

ABBAgirl
Sea Post King

Hmmm... thats the price of fame, lol. Nah, I'm sure the fans will understand.

ABBAgirl
(BTW...Vintagepeople, you were at the Tegan and Sara show, too? YOU WAITED THAT LONG? I probably waited about a half an hour at the most. Aw, man! Were they cool, nice, etc?)

www.myspace.com/abbagirl2
plentyofpages
Sea Post King

i'll be there too, you might get the chance to see them, but you'd have to hang out by the merch booth.
vintage_people898
Sea Post King

[color=orange][b]ABBAgirl[/b][/color]
(BTW...Vintagepeople, you were at the Tegan and Sara show, too? YOU WAITED THAT LONG? I probably waited about a half an hour at the most. Aw, man! Were they cool, nice, etc?)[/quote]

yeah i was determined to meet them. check out my awsome picture(i'm the one w/ the glasses)
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendI D=9228245&imageID=255500415&Mytoken=A504EAE5-E16A-655D-6BAAEC9C4F57D87 E16467477
judd
Sea Post King

vintage_people898 wrote:

i had no idea they were so tiny

myspace.com/juddortiz
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

judd wrote:
vintage_people898 wrote:

i had no idea they were so tiny

The only band I've seen with female vocalist(s), and didn't think "Good God they're short." was Eisley.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere

goto page
 | next >>