Laughing City
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

McKenzies wrote:
giant_ wrote:
I miss the rhodes! Why real piano? Confused oh well.
edit : same thing with they all surround. but i like it a bit more. but i guess these are demos technicaly.
ditto.

Well, these are basically just Room Noises leftovers. Though I like how they sound, personally.

Also ... I love how clear the vocals are on Escaping Song.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
giant_
Laughing Citizen

Yeah I figured they werent tweaked and tinkered with as much as the Room Noises songs since they werent really in the running for the album.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I like how the piano works on Surrounded. A lot.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
patrock wrote:
drenchedecent wrote:
i can't believe people prefer the live versions. i am so sick of those live versions and all of the static/crowd noise/etc. these studio versions are amazing!

i don't know what live versions you're thinking of, but there isn't any static or crowd noise in the verions of they all suronded me and the escaping song i listen to.
(minus the cheers at the beginning and end of the escaping song)

I like the live version of They All Sourounded Me that starts off with Stacy saying something like - yeah, it's the one about the dragon. heehee.

except im pretty sure that's chauntelle.

Could be. Metro Chicago 09/2004 They All Surrounded Me. I've played this one many times. It has a great feel to it. That and "Lady of the Wood" live at Slim's, except I can't get that one to play now.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I'm listening to it now. The finished versions of "The Escaping Song" and "They All Surrounded Me" sound amazing, though at first blush they seem a little low on backing vocals.

Anybody download the other songs? I think they're pretty awesome. I'm listening to Timmy Curran's first track now and he reminds me of Jeff Buckley. Not a comparison I just throw around casually.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
I'm listening to it now. The finished versions of "The Escaping Song" and "They All Surrounded Me" sound amazing, though at first blush they seem a little low on backing vocals.

Anybody download the other songs? I think they're pretty awesome. I'm listening to Timmy Curran's first track now and he reminds me of Jeff Buckley. Not a comparison I just throw around casually.

*investigates*

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Terebinthia
Vintage Newbie

I just got the two songs today and as much as I like the live sound of songs sometimes (I like the far away sound the recordings from live shows give sometimes - that may make me weird, I am not sure), I love the studio recording of Surrounded so very much. I love the Escaping song as well, of course.

I need to listen to them more since I just got them like a few minutes ago. Love them to pieces!

Commentary on creepy online men who use fake photos of girly Fabiosos to get the ladies:

"The longer my hair gets, the more sexy I have" - Jamie M.
Joined: 10 Jan 2005 | Posts: 3967 | Location: In between here and there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lazerbith
Sea Post King

is there any way other than itunes to hear these songs??
i will PAY someone to send them to me.
my computer is too loaded with junk to ever download the beastly size of itunes.
help!
woodrow
Sea Post King

man, i feel so lame being a day late downloading these tracks...
they're good. it's nice to have a treat every now and then.

lazerbith wrote:
is there any way other than itunes to hear these songs??
i will PAY someone to send them to me.
my computer is too loaded with junk to ever download the beastly size of itunes.
help!

PM me if you still don't have them, we can work something out.
Clark
Vintage Newbie

I just downloaded them.

SOO good. Yeah, the live tracks have a different feel to them. But these are soo crystal clear and in YO FACE. I love 'em. Especially They All Surrounded Me. I love the double stacy harmony on the second verse. Awesome.
Lisa
Golly, Poster

I want it Sad
Boo!

'It's never over, shes the tear that hangs inside my soul forever.' - Jeff Buckley
Joined: 27 May 2003 | Posts: 904 | Location: West Yorkshire, England
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

Quote:
Err...wrong. Music on CD's is encoded at 320 Kbps. iTunes gives you a MAXIMUM of 192 Kbps.

err... really wrong. music on cd's is encoded at 1411kbps. compressed losslessly using m4a the range is generally 500-100kbps, and typically around 750kbps, depending on complexity and volume, and about half that if it's mono, although these are very rough estimates. itunes gives you a maximum of 128kbps.

so, at best, you're loosing around 372kbps, and at worst around 872kbps, or almost 90% of the audio found on the cd!

still, i agree that for things like this, which aren't viable for physical release, itunes and such are wonderful. i only wish they had higher quality. Sad i'll probably buy it later, once i get permission from my mother, who has control of all my money... the samples sound really wonderful.
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
sully_51
Golly, Poster

do not be afraid. wrote:
Quote:
Err...wrong. Music on CD's is encoded at 320 Kbps. iTunes gives you a MAXIMUM of 192 Kbps.

err... really wrong. music on cd's is encoded at 1411kbps. compressed losslessly using m4a the range is generally 500-100kbps, and typically around 750kbps, depending on complexity and volume, and about half that if it's mono, although these are very rough estimates.

My apologies. You are right. I was extremely tired when I wrote that, and wasn't thinking straight. Wink What I meant to say was that a "CD quality" mp3 is 320kbps.

Quote:
itunes gives you a maximum of 128kbps.

As for this, I don't use iTunes, so I was just going by what others in this thread have said. My bad.

OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

Can someone link me to a live version of TES? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Sea Post King

OceanMachine wrote:
Can someone link me to a live version of TES? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

theres a live version on itunes, and there was one on OGG.org but i dont think it works anymore.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>