Laughing City
jamaine
Sea Post King

hey,

ive been listening to their cd for a couple of days and im trying to work out how u can tell if its stacy or sherri singing! they both have beautiful voices but i really cant tell when who is who singing, only if i watch a video clip lol btw, who knows if they had singing lessons or not?
Joined: 18 Mar 2006 | Posts: 6 | Location: Melbourne, Australia
oliez
Vintage Newbie

stacy - lower
sherri - higher
both - amazing

(i think it'll take more than a couple days...welcome to the fourm)
Last edited by oliez on Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

a lot of people say it clicks when you go to your first eisley concert
guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

jamaine wrote:
hey,

ive been listening to their cd for a couple of days and im trying to work out how u can tell if its stacy or sherri singing! they both have beautiful voices but i really cant tell when who is who singing, only if i watch a video clip lol btw, who knows if they had singing lessons or not?

I think in a thread a long time ago, Kim said that they only had like, one or two lessons and didn't like them. But I could be wrong.

amidthestars
Vintage Newbie

Sherri sings lead on Lost At Sea. Stacy sings lead on Golly Sandra. if you can distinguish between those songs, you should be able to follow on others.

all your kind, they're coming clean
they shut their eyes
their mess, their scene
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

It's funny, I was just thinking about this last time I was listening to Eisley. I think it "clicked" for me a few days ago. And that was after downloading video clips and by default learning who sang what parts etc. And that was after becoming an instant fan just a short bit ago.

But Oliez pretty much got the best/easiest explaination. At this point I can also tell a slight difference in tone (not sure if i'm using the correct term to describe what I mean). That was after nonstop listening for a couple weeks Very Happy
McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

It gets easier after listening for a while.
Malfaiteur
Sea Post King

I've been debating about whether or not to post my thoughts on this, but I'll default to "why not".

Stacy's voice has slightly more bite, there's a little more tonality to it. Sherri's voice holds a bit of melancholy. There is yet some temerity.

Oliez is right though, both = amazing Wink

~Matt

I wrote your name in red chalk on the sidewalk in front of my house.
Joined: 18 Mar 2004 | Posts: 343 | Location: Raleighwood, NC
LeslieAnnLevine
Lost at Forum

Sherri's is a bit more "nasally", like in a good way.
Joined: 19 Apr 2004 | Posts: 1219 | Location: here, there, everywhere.
jamaine
Sea Post King

thanks, ur all so helpful. well the first time i saw them was last monday and i had no idea who they were. well i'd heard of them but had never heard a song. I feel like ive been blessed now that i've heard and seen them live! now all i have to do is meet them when they return to lovely melbourne. and yes, now that u've mentioned it, stacy's voice is much lower but both have the most beautiful voices. imagine them singing their future children to sleep with those voices, kids everywhere would want to be sung to sleep by them! Smile oh oh, if u hear about them ever coming back to australia, let me know! cheers! Smile
Joined: 18 Mar 2006 | Posts: 6 | Location: Melbourne, Australia
bn_me
Sea Post King

And then there's Chauntelle's voice... Very Happy
HeavierThanBuddha
Sea Post King

I wonder if weston and garron have nice voices. I think boyd could probably sing too, its in the family.
boone
Vintage Newbie

Sherri's voice tends to be higher with a brighter tone, and Stacy is generally deeper with a darker tonality. Stacy's voice also has a subtle scratch or bite to it that makes it easy to tell from Sherri's.

Although I think the differences in their voices are somewhat deliberate, because on one of the songs on Room Noises (I can't recall which at the moment), where Stacy is singing lead and at a certain part in one of the verses, it sounds like she's harmonizing with herself, but by the end of the verse, it's obviously Sherri doing the harmony. Occasionally they'll throw you off.

Kayci
Golly, Poster

I think it takes time, and as someone up there mentioned, it really clicks when you see them in concert. Sometimes though, I'll be listening to them and what I'm positive is one turns out to be the other. Both have amazing voices. Generally Sherri's is higher and generally Stacy's is lower I guess is the best way to figure it out when you first start listening.
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

A long time ago - in 2003 - they all got singing lessons...

edit. found the post on Chauntelle's xanga. on April 18, 2003.

chauntelle wrote:
Then we stayed the night in Denton and the next day went to our first vocal lesson. And boy was that rough! It was fun though, and, the good news is the teacher has led me to believe that I can be a singer again if I want to, hehe

I kept the last part because we all knew it in our hearts!

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland