Laughing City
easternglow
Sea Post King

Can anyone tell me if Eisley is still selling those green buttons with the Sherri-art piano player on them? Because I've been having a pretty crummy week and on top of everything, I left my school bag in my french class to work on a project and when I came back my Eisley pin was gone... and I kind of really miss it. If it were any other band I wouldn't care as much, but I love Eisley. Gosh darnit.

Also, if anyone does know if they're selling the pins, about how much would they cost?
JDRagz
Sea Post King

If I figured the prices right, were the set of five pins $5? Lets see... Shirt, $15?, hoody, $30?, set of 5 pins, $10? Alls I know is my total was $55...

HALP! o_o?

Linkage: blog|xanga|myspace|deviantart|YouTube

Joined: 10 Jun 2004 | Posts: 275 | Location: Indianapolis, IN
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

JDRagz wrote:
If I figured the prices right, were the set of five pins $5? Lets see... Shirt, $15?, hoody, $30?, set of 5 pins, $10? Alls I know is my total was $55...

HALP! o_o?

I believe the the hoodie is $35 because my total for a t-shirt and hoodie was $50. So the pins must be $5 if your total for shirt, hoodie and pins was $55.
norad
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
I believe the the hoodie is $35 because my total for a t-shirt and hoodie was $50. So the pins must be $5 if your total for shirt, hoodie and pins was $55.

$50
for two things?
carp, i olny have $55.
i want to buy more than that.
kate_c
Sea Post King

Hi. the hoodie is 30$. the pins are 5 for 5$. I'm not sure which ones they have left. That's how it was at the Philly show.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

My hoodie has a zipper. Does that drive up the cost? Or maybe the venue (Chicago Metro)? All I know is I paid $50 for a t-shirt and a hoodie (with a zipper). I had to dig out a Susan B. Anthony dollar to get up to $50 as I was scraping bottom when it came time to pay. And they don't take credit cards, so bring cash people.
gregorydymitrowicz
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
My hoodie has a zipper. Does that drive up the cost? Or maybe the venue (Chicago Metro)? All I know is I paid $50 for a t-shirt and a hoodie (with a zipper). I had to dig out a Susan B. Anthony dollar to get up to $50 as I was scraping bottom when it came time to pay. And they don't take credit cards, so bring cash people.

The Hoodie was 35$. At least at the Metro. I specifically asked how much it was before I bought it. Pins were 5$ for the set of 5.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

A lot of times the price varies depending on the percentage that the venue is taking. Sad
I always hate that. I can never understand how, if the venue owner negotiates a price with a band's agent, and then on top of that they take 18 to 20% of the band's merch, why is that not factored into what they negoiated as the final price to get the band?
Bands ONLY make money from merch, and that does not include their cd sales. At least until the cost of recording that cd has been recouped by the label.
I don't think venues should take a percentage of band's merch, and if so, it should only be like 5%...grrrr... Mad
gregorydymitrowicz
Vintage Newbie

Yeah. It really shows how greedy everyone is. The band is the one who has the talent, writes all the music and plays a bazillion shows, yet they don't take away as much money as the venues and record labels do.
norad
Vintage Newbie

if you think this way, it's one way the venues make their money.
every business needs a profit.
JDRagz
Sea Post King

I guess I'll just tell sis that the button were $10 and get $5 back of my own. XD

j/k

Linkage: blog|xanga|myspace|deviantart|YouTube

Joined: 10 Jun 2004 | Posts: 275 | Location: Indianapolis, IN
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
Quote:

patrock,
I understand that everyone "thinks" that that is the way the venue makes their money.
I did contracts for 3 1/2 years with National bands. The agent negotiates a price that they want for the band. You, (the venue) have to sign a contract that you will produce that much money from the show, and then you negotiate what your percentage will be.
The money that venues take from bands, is just added fluff.
Eisley has been contracted to do shows for (X) amount of dollars. The venue sells enough tickets to cover that cost, plus their running cost, then they take sometimes up to 20% of what Eisley sold in merch, so say Eisley was contracted to play at a venue for $500, but they happened to do well in merch. They may have to pay the venue $200 from their merch sales. In the end, Eisley got paid a mere $300 to drive a gazillion miles, and go through all it takes to do a show.
That's what I get upset about. Not that it matters. Rolling Eyes
Most venues rake it in on the alchohal sales anyway, so it just stings to have them take the only money that helps the band to possibly someday, get a paycheck for what they do.
Not trying to sound rude, but, those are the cold hard facts.
Of course venues have to make it. They have bills too, but their cut from the band's merch is just not the way to do it.
In the years that we ran BrewTones, we never once took a cent from any of the band's merch money. They almost kissed our feet when we would tell them we were not taking any of their merch money.
Anyway....if I ran the world.... Laughing
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Kimbrtones wrote:

Seems like the world would be a much kinder, and especially fairer, place!
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
patrock wrote:

patrock,
I understand that everyone "thinks" that that is the way the venue makes their money.
I did contracts for 3 1/2 years with National bands. The agent negotiates a price that they want for the band. You, (the venue) have to sign a contract that you will produce that much money from the show, and then you negotiate what your percentage will be.
The money that venues take from bands, is just added fluff.
Eisley has been contracted to do shows for (X) amount of dollars. The venue sells enough tickets to cover that cost, plus their running cost, then they take sometimes up to 20% of what Eisley sold in merch, so say Eisley was contracted to play at a venue for $500, but they happened to do well in merch. They may have to pay the venue $200 from their merch sales. In the end, Eisley got paid a mere $300 to drive a gazillion miles, and go through all it takes to do a show.
That's what I get upset about. Not that it matters. Rolling Eyes
Most venues rake it in on the alchohal sales anyway, so it just stings to have them take the only money that helps the band to possibly someday, get a paycheck for what they do.
Not trying to sound rude, but, those are the cold hard facts.
Of course venues have to make it. They have bills too, but their cut from the band's merch is just not the way to do it.
In the years that we ran BrewTones, we never once took a cent from any of the band's merch money. They almost kissed our feet when we would tell them we were not taking any of their merch money.

I have no idea why you shut down BrewTones. Maybe just too much to do (with the band, other kids at home, etc...). But maybe part of it was that you didn't make a profit. Of course profit may not have been your motive in the first place. You Duprees are sometimes too nice. Most venues are for profit. They have very profitable shows, and they have shows that are a bust. Overhead including rent or mortgage, employees, cost of alcohol, licenses, "political donations" (Chicago is run a little different than Tyler I'm sure), insurance, etc... But it should all be clear in the contract when the band signs on, so they know what they are signing on to (venue taking X percentage of merch, band getting paid X, etc...). Man, I really hope Eisley's next album is a big hit. Not that I don't like introducing them to people (always has been positive experience), but Eisley is way too talented to be fighting so hard to keep their heads above water (so to speak). I know, most bands go through this. But then I see a low on talent band go big fast, and just shake my head.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

The contracts are clear. Of course the bands know they have to pay percentages of their merch to venues. It's just the way things are.
It doesn't change the fact that venues should not take the only money that bands survive on. They negotiate their fee. It shouldn't come from the band's merch.
That's my opinion. I've lived both sides of the coin.

goto page
 | next >>