Laughing City
pullmyhair
Sea Post King

first let me say...detroit scares me. a lot, kind of. always an interesting journey

ok so i've been really busy and stuff, and have just been putting off finally posting these. but since i'm sick and stuck in for the night (and not going to go see metric, grr) i finally have time. woo

let me try to remember what happened

well, we got there around 4ish and were second in line. i called boyd and everyone had already left to wander detroit so we did not end up getting coffee or anything. but boyd let us in during the soundcheck and we were, luckily, not standing in the random freezing cold that day (of course the previous and next days were wonderful weather).

umm and we were just inside for like 3 hours until doors and talked to everyone, mostly boyd and chauntelle. all of you are so nice, by the way.

oh yeah, and we had to sit at the merch table to escape the not-so-nice saint andrews staff, one of who was just unnecessarily rude to us. maybe she just wasn't an eisley fan

then doors opened and we got a spot in the front center. most of my pictures are of sherri because those were the only good pictures i could get, so for that i am sorry

soundcheck

empty venue. i don't think i was expecting this to be taken

sherri conducting i wasn't prepared

just like we do

dang. i could not keep my hands still to take a picture

overall the show sounded wonderful. it seems like every time i see them they just get better and better. the new songs were very good too, they played two i wasn't familiar with, but the other four someone had posted on here so i had known them already. you know, i have a setlist but its in my car. i'll edit this later with that

on a completely unrelated topic, i saw the yeah yeah yeahs the other night and as i walked in i saw the drummer and he looked strangly similar to boyd. but when i got closer he definitely did not, i think it was the glasses. but i thought it was funny.

but anyways, that is it i think. thank you boyd and everyone in the band for being so nice. it was such a fun night. i hope to see you all in your next visit to detroit

Last edited by pullmyhair on Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
kyle
Lost at Forum

Those are awesome, thank you!!
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing! Very Happy

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
gregorydymitrowicz
Vintage Newbie

I love those pics. Sherris shirt is cool and all the lighting really adds effect.
pullmyhair
Sea Post King

why thank you Smile. i have about 20 more but they just get repetitive so i only put a portion of whats on my camera up on here
the igonorance motif
Golly, Poster

lovely photos indeed.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Chauntelle looks a lot healthier as the tour is going (she was not feeling well in Chicago and a few shows before that, couple shows after that). Glad she seems to be getting better. Thanks for sharing these.
PurpleCloud93
Lost at Forum

I miss my Detroit show. I miss Eisley. Crying or Very sad

Anyhoo..great pictures! I am glad to know that I won an argument with my friend who said it was a bird on Sherri's shirt and I said it was a skunk. Boo ya! Cool

lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

those are great pictures. i hadn't seen this thread until i saw the url for it in another thread. Laughing lovely pics of Sherri
alastica
Sea Post King

That show was awesome. And you're right about the staff there being pretty lame. There was some short chubby lady being jerkish to me too.
Joined: 01 Apr 2006 | Posts: 314 | Location: Greetings From Michigan, The Great Lakes State!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
xtitanicx
Sea Post King

those are really great pictures.
pullmyhair
Sea Post King

xtitanicx wrote:
those are really great pictures.

why thank you Smile