Laughing City
IGotTheFireTonight
Sea Post King

I was. And I can honestly say that I was the first one to send a text message marriage proposal to that screen dealie. Cool

I'd say it was great show. The first guy said he was nervous, and it was obvious, but he was still kinda cool. Brighten... good music. The vocalist sounded like his voice was straining to hit the higher notes... maybe that's because they've been on tour and such. Simon Dawes... I don't really see where they fit on an Eisley tour, but then again, where does Eisley fit on a Switchfoot tour? And of course, Eisley. They were incredible. I love the new stuff, and I'm glad they played a good amount of it.

Thoughts? Comments?

Some of my favorite text messages to go up on screen:

"Scream if you like New Found Glory (nobody scream)"
"kyle, it's over"

And then there was one about someone calling someone else fat. yeah, it was great.

MySpace
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
pzy
Wookie Luke

Yeah that text message thing was pretty fun. The band sent a few themselves, the TV monitor in the dressing room was showing all of them. I tried to win a phone from Motorola but I didn't get one! I even tried to rig the contest, to no avail.

As for the show, I can honestly say that was the best Eisley show I have ever seen, and I've been to more than I can count on my fingers and toes if I had 50 fingers and toes. All the new songs are killer, they make me want to build a time machine and go get the new album. If only. They need to start recording ASAP, another album by the end of the year would be unbelievable.

dearambellina
Sea Post King

yeah i was there too. i met them all backstage because me and a buncha other people had motorola phones and had to sing an eisley song. i sang telescope eyes. but yeah, they were all super nice. and i got the setlist after the show
Kayci
Golly, Poster

pzykotic wrote:
All the new songs are killer, they make me want to build a time machine and go get the new album. If only.

Hey, I was contemplating building a time machine for that sole reason.
Sabrina
Sea Post King

i wasnt there but i know those screens youre talking about haha! once i went to a show and got seperated from my friends so i texted the screen saying where i was... fun
easternglow
Sea Post King

dearambellina wrote:
yeah i was there too. i met them all backstage because me and a buncha other people had motorola phones and had to sing an eisley song. i sang telescope eyes. but yeah, they were all super nice. and i got the setlist after the show

Hey, me too! I was too surprised about everything to even think to ask if any of us were laughing citizens, haha Very Happy
starryeyes
Sea Post King

I was there too and t'was awesome. I loved the new songs! The crowd was so into it. I want to build a time machine and go back and relive that show! Brighten was really great too and they were so nice after the show when I bought their cd.

Laughing Cool
IGotTheFireTonight
Sea Post King

I think they need to wait longer before coming back for the encore. It was kinda like they just left to get a drink and came back right away.

MySpace
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

IGotTheFireTonight wrote:
I think they need to wait longer before coming back for the encore. It was kinda like they just left to get a drink and came back right away.

Haha yeah, at the San Fran show they literally walked off the stage for 5 seconds and then came back.

dearambellina
Sea Post King

easternglow wrote:
dearambellina wrote:
[img]http://i3.tinypic.com/wkfmrm[/img]

Hey, me too! I was too surprised about everything to even think to ask if any of us were laughing citizens, haha Very Happy

wait, you were at the meet and greet too?
madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

I was there!
I liked the message from berlies saying hello to the laughing city members. And the best one? "We've been on the run, driving in the sun, hi Darren!" I laughed really hard at that one.

- Dougie Payne, bassist of Travis
================================
http://www.xanga.com/madsenfan35
Joined: 09 Feb 2004 | Posts: 544 | Location: Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

treetops12 wrote:

Haha yeah, at the San Fran show they literally walked off the stage for 5 seconds and then came back.

Haha...yeah that encore was pretty funny. But I remember them saying once that the thought encores were weird and it's strange to just be standing backstage knowing that you're going to come out anyway and stuff. But I kind of liked how fast they came out. Less strain on my throat from screaming.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

there wasn't even a fake encore at the lawrence show.
sherri said she didn't want to make us wait because it was so hot and she didn't want anyone passing out or anything.
easternglow
Sea Post King

madsenfan35 wrote:
treetops12 wrote:

Haha...yeah that encore was pretty funny. But I remember them saying once that the thought encores were weird and it's strange to just be standing backstage knowing that you're going to come out anyway and stuff. But I kind of liked how fast they came out. Less strain on my throat from screaming.

Seriously Laughing. I don't like the fake encores anyway because I'm really impatient and it's kind of awkward being in this really euphoric state of musical joy during a show, only to have it cease for like fifteen minutes waiting for something you know will inevitably happen.
madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

I'd say it was great show. The first guy said he was nervous, and it was obvious, but he was still kinda cool.

Wait...so Timmy Curran did play? I got to the venue at 8 pm and I was glad that Brighten hadn't started yet. But if Timmy played, what time did he go on? Because the concert was supposed to start at 8 pm. I was quite confused during the show, wondering what had happened to him.