Laughing City
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I think I'm the only one here who just didn't care for the House of Blues in Hollywood. I think it was one of the lamest Eisley shows I've been to. Yes, their performance was good, and I met some really cool people (also I like the two employees who helped us find a bus station). Despite the many great positives, I felt treated like non-famous cattle. I'm sure it's great if you're famous or a performer, but everything else smacked of elitism and oppression. I had no use for the SIX bars in the place, either. I sure hope Eisley got a good cut of my $30 ...

Oh yeah, no pictures from me because of the stupid camera policy.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
fragileaswelie
Sea Post King

this is unrelated but I just listened to Whitewire.... i love them!!!!!!
it's so pretty!

Back in the day Eisley commented on my myspace with the following:
'Somebody is sure you love
"the cat's pajama's".

thanks for everything no
matter what that means Smile'

@fragileaswelie
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

aww man jamie, I wish you hadn't had so much trouble with your tickets, that was so lame. plus the annoying wait outside for the valet stuff, the six bars, and not a seat in sight.

it was a great night for me though. meeting you and jocelyn was so much fun, and getting to meet the band for a little while was amazing. the actual building was really cool too, in my opinion. but yeah, i really wasn't impressed with the policies and the staff's attitudes in general. :\ "NO CAMERAS!!!!11" every five feet grates on your nerves a little. thus my rebellion. Very Happy
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ladiosadice
Lost at Forum

"No cameras" policies are the lamest!

And I swear in that moment we were infinite
BLOG l FLICKR
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

HOB SUCKS!!!!!!!! All HOBs!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

nevernever wrote:
aww man jamie, I wish you hadn't had so much trouble with your tickets, that was so lame. plus the annoying wait outside for the valet stuff, the six bars, and not a seat in sight.

it was a great night for me though. meeting you and jocelyn was so much fun, and getting to meet the band for a little while was amazing. the actual building was really cool too, in my opinion. but yeah, i really wasn't impressed with the policies and the staff's attitudes in general. :\ "NO CAMERAS!!!!11" every five feet grates on your nerves a little. thus my rebellion. Very Happy

Aww. Yeah, I should focus on the positive. It was awesome to meet you! You're seriously so cool. That alone was worth the troubles and annoyances of the night. Very Happy

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

alexmac1990 wrote:
this is unrelated but I just listened to Whitewire.... i love them!!!!!!
it's so pretty!

Awesome! Yeah, I can't wait for people to hear how good the songs are now. And I loved them already.

A White Wire+Eisley show would rock ...

granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

why in god's name did you pay $30 to see eisley? that's ridiculous for anyband at any club in America, period. If i'm shelling out 30 bucks, it better be in a small stadium...
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

granpaturtle wrote:
why in god's name did you pay $30 to see eisley? that's ridiculous for anyband at any club in America, period. If i'm shelling out 30 bucks, it better be in a small stadium...

Because it's Eisley.

Y4J
Golly, Poster

TheAntrider wrote:
granpaturtle wrote:

Because it's Eisley.

Check out my FLICKR and leave comments!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28644084@N00/
Joined: 05 Apr 2005 | Posts: 829 | Location: Manteca, California
pzy
Wookie Luke

granpaturtle wrote:

It was $15 at the door I believe. Jamie either bought 2 tickets or got a ticket from ticketmaster, who we all know suck and charge through the nose for "handling fees".

And who cares, anyway? I'd pay $30 to see Eisley at any venue. It's cool Jamie spent the cash to see them. It's called supporting the band... it's just unfortunate if it's ticketmaster that $15 of that goes to their greedy hands.

For the record, though, I thought the HOB was the best Eisley show I've ever seen... and I've seen a lot. I didn't know you thought it was kind of crummy, Jamie, but then again you weren't having the best week ever Very Happy

Admit it, you were just mad because they didn't let your big ol' camera in Very Happy

You could have gotten a photo pass from boyd, though, I know he gave out one or two and had one himself. You just have to sign away your life to the HoB to say you can't use them for publicity blah blah.

madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

Aww, I'm sorry you felt that way.
I enjoyed the show.
I however did not enjoy the security guards. And the no camera policy. And the expensive parking.
But performance-wise, everything was just about perfect (except no "Blackened Crown," which I realize would be a real rarity if they play that again).
Why was your ticket so expensive? Shocked I preordered mine from the HOB website and it was $21.15. But I think Ticketmaster fees were more than the HOB fees, if you got it through Ticketmaster.

I hope they don't play at HOB next time around. I would love for them to play at the Wiltern, which is my favorite venue. But I think capacity at that is 2,000-something, and I'm not sure that they're quite ready for that crowd. They should play at the Roxy or the Troubadour again. The Roxy is great because they don't care about cameras at all. In fact, they don't even check bags or persons.

- Dougie Payne, bassist of Travis
================================
http://www.xanga.com/madsenfan35
Joined: 09 Feb 2004 | Posts: 544 | Location: Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA
dannychair
Golly, Poster

madsenfan35 wrote:
They should play at the Roxy or the Troubadour again. The Roxy is great because they don't care about cameras at all. In fact, they don't even check bags or persons.

The Roxy and the Troub are my favorite venues, they're a good size and you can see the stage from almost anywhere.

anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

madsenfan35 wrote:
The Roxy is great because they don't care about cameras at all. In fact, they don't even check bags or persons.

I love when venues do that. Only takes about 2 seconds to get in. At the Vinyl they didn't even check our tickets.
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

granpaturtle wrote:

I paid $35 for my ticket in San Fran, but that's because dinner was included. It was so weird eating prime rib while watching Brighten, but it also felt like I was VIP or something. Anyways... my point: I would have paid any price to see Eisley Very Happy