16%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 37

buffyfreak1234
Sea Post King

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/06-05/12.shtml

Anybody else hear about this?

Here's another:

http://www.nme.com/news/23064
Joined: 27 Mar 2004 | Posts: 252 | Location: on the corner of dazed and confused....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I heard rumors, but it's nice to see details.

I was wondering what it was all about when Thom posted a link to the official (utterly cryptic) site on Dead Air Space. How interesting that the White Stripes' UK label is putting out the album... Do Radiohead even have a label for their next one?

Waitaminute... "At the end of the tour Radiohead will resume work on their new album, due for release next year."

Shocked NEXT YEAR?!

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
musicislove
Golly, Poster

ohmeohmyimexcited.
giddy, in fact

hi www.myspace.com/musicislove
Joined: 03 Apr 2005 | Posts: 611 | Location: rice lake, wisconsin
Clark
Vintage Newbie

"and i don't wanna hear that word solo. doesnt sound right." - Thom

Hmm. Side-project, maybe.

Yeah, I was really excited when I read about that. Rumor has it that Radiohead had to pull out of playing ACL this year, but have already signed up for ACL 2007.

Giddy.

Giggidy Giggidy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
amidthestars
Vintage Newbie

as long as there is a record coming out in the near (nearer?) future that will deliver the sweet, sweet sounds of thom yorke's pseudo-warble to my ears, i am happy.

all your kind, they're coming clean
they shut their eyes
their mess, their scene
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:

I was wondering what it was all about when Thom posted a link to the official (utterly cryptic) site on Dead Air Space. How interesting that the White Stripes' UK label is putting out the album... Do Radiohead even have a label for their next one?

Waitaminute... "At the end of the tour Radiohead will resume work on their new album, due for release next year."

Shocked NEXT YEAR?!

Yes, LP 7 is due next year, not 8 (if there even will be one).

If Thom Gagging Order is any indication, I would love to see a Thom solo album.

The blips and noises are great, but sometimes it just feels right to hear real instruments once and awhile.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

cant be any worse than Corgan's half ass attempt
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

DRMS_7888 wrote:
Saellys wrote:

Shocked NEXT YEAR?!

The blips and noises are great, but sometimes it just feels right to hear real instruments once and awhile.

I consider blips and noises to come from real instruments. I'm just thankful he's not doing the standard acoustic solo album. I think I like him even more for that.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:
Saellys wrote:

Shocked NEXT YEAR?!

I consider blips and noises to come from real instruments. I'm just thankful he's not doing the standard acoustic solo album. I think I like him even more for that.

Well, it really depends. Sometimes it can add to a song and make it wonderful (Idioteque). Other times weird effects and computer enhancements can really take away the magic of the actual song. I heard a cover of Mxyamatosis (SP) with just an acoustic guitar, piano and voice, and I found it to be much more enjoyable than the original.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:
Saellys wrote:

Shocked NEXT YEAR?!

Well, it really depends. Sometimes it can add to a song and make it wonderful (Idioteque). Other times weird effects and computer enhancements can really take away the magic of the actual song. I heard a cover of Mxyamatosis (SP) with just an acoustic guitar, piano and voice, and I found it to be much more enjoyable than the original.
ideoteque is one of the most wonderful songs ever.
Clark
Vintage Newbie

McKenzies wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:
Saellys wrote:

Shocked NEXT YEAR?!

ideoteque is one of the most wonderful songs ever.

My favorite Radiohead song. Wink
Jack Bauer
Sea Post King

beep boom
beep boom
beep boom
beep boom

*commercial break*
Belgium Kid
Sea Post King

Am I the only one that goes with 'You' Rolling Eyes
Maybe just cause it's the first radiohead song I've ever heard Smile

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Belgium Kid wrote:
Am I the only one that goes with 'You' Rolling Eyes
Maybe just cause it's the first radiohead song I've ever heard Smile

I really do enjoy that song, even if it is from Pablo.

BTW, www.theeraser.net is the site for the album. You can sign up your email and look at a bunch of cryptic random webpages similar to radiohead.com

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Resurrecting a post for the release of Amok.

Posts on Atoms For Peace have disappeared into the LC limbo, but this thread shall live on...

What do you think of Amok?

I streamed it the other week once. I would have bought it Tuesday, but I haven't been close to a music store. Debating on whether to wait until I go to a music store or just order it online. Can't go into much depth as I'm not familiar with the music yet.

Thom is still with the bleeps and bloops, clicks and clacks though.

goto page
 | next >>