Laughing City
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Hey,
this will be brief, since after my 5 hour round trip to Dallas airport to pick up my family yesterday, we all came home and ate a huge homecooked meal, and then we just lazed around enjoying being home...enjoying each other...cherishing time together, that does not come easily for our family.

I have briefly glanced over the controversial subjects of what's happening in the LC chat room, and a locked thread about it.
In my investigation of it, (that has amounted to two questions, one to Weston, one to Christie, since everyone has just returned), Weston verified with me, that he has not been on a computer in months, so someone must be impersonating him.
Christie, who has been called a jerk, an idiot, has her views of what is happening in the chat, and I am not really sure where I stand on doing anything about it since I did not experiece it personally, or see what was happening, or being said.

She feels like people are overreacting, and I honestly can not take a stand on it either way, not having experienced it.
Being told to get my daughter in line, is a bit ridiculous, and pretty offensive since I have raised, and am still raising 6 extremely amazing, IMHO kid's.
I think they've turned out pretty darn good. I don't have one "jerk" in the bunch, in spite of anyone's opinion, which cannot be proven, or based on some internet chat room experience.
The openess of our family, backfires on us many times, but I think we are still willing to take the chance on being open to people.
When I have time, out of respect of Eisley's fan base, I will dig deeper into this matter, but honestly...for now....we just want a little rest, and relaxation, and family time.
As I take time to type this, I have Chauntelle, Collin, Kayla, and my mother, waiting for me to go bumming around for the day. Just to hang out, and spend time together. They have been ready, and waiting for the last 30 minutes, but I felt this necessary to take a moment for.

If you have been offended, I cannot take responsibility for the actions of others, but will find out what part any of my bunch had in the matter....
In the mean time...please have a safe and happy holiday with your families.
Sincerest regards,
Kim D.
Last edited by Kimbrtones on Mon May 29, 2006 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
gundamit
Golly, Poster

Wow. The fact that you would take time with the LC'ers over what may in the end be a trivial matter speaks volumes about the Dupree/Eisley fans love fest. I would have totally left this to the mods, then hung them out to dry if the matter wasn't resolved in a timely and happy fashion. But that's me and I've succumbed to the jerky/dark side on occasion. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little dissapointed we won't ever see a little "iron fist in a velvet oven mitt" action from you around here. Oh well. Crying or Very sad

BTW - Mods ... just kidding about the "hanging you out to dry" comment. Lol.

I predict the the most controversial thing to come out of this incident, will be the admission from Weston that he hasn't touched a computer in months. Has he gone Luddite on us?
Last edited by gundamit on Mon May 29, 2006 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Clark
Vintage Newbie

.....eh?

I'm lost.

Well, i'm glad the fam is back together.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Ok, for the record, I will state without fear of contradiction: Christie is NOT a jerk. I know her personally, and while I do feel that her actions in the chat were too easy to be misinterpreted, I do know she would NOT intentionally be rude the way some might have perceived. I was there, I have my thoughts, but they will be taken care of with the people involved. But I just want to defend Christie. Sorry this is all such a headache.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Deviluck
Golly, Poster

I seem to be pretty lost too clark!

Although im glad your spending time with the kids =) they need it

DA Gallery
Myspace
If Eisley are ever in the UK, wanting some photos done =) do ask!
Luke's Mom
Sea Post King

I'm only in one other forum, but I've always understood the rule to be: What is said in Chat, stays in chat. And if a problem comes up in chat, it should be discussed in PMs. Chat to me is like a conversation. Sometimes people are spontaneous, sometimes irritable, sometimes annoying, oftentimes drunk and/or vulgar. One time on my Red Sox forum, someone complained that in Chat I was 'rude'. There were 4 people in the chat room and one of them was being so obnoxious I spoke up. So, 8000+ readers read a whole thread titled 'Victoria was rude to me in Chat!'.
It was humiliating and traumatic and very unfair.

Just my opinion. Welcome home all you DuPrees! NE Brown Bread is in the mail. Thank you so much for the journals and the photos. You are all (you too Garron) such great photographers.
Joined: 26 Jul 2004 | Posts: 420 | Location: Cranberry Bog, MA
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Luke's Mom wrote:
I'm only in one other forum, but I've always understood the rule to be: What is said in Chat, stays in chat. And if a problem comes up in chat, it should be discussed in PMs. Chat to me is like a conversation. Sometimes people are spontaneous, sometimes irritable, sometimes annoying, oftentimes drunk and/or vulgar. One time on my Red Sox forum, someone complained that in Chat I was 'rude'. There were 4 people in the chat room and one of them was being so obnoxious I spoke up. So, 8000+ readers read a whole thread titled 'Victoria was rude to me in Chat!'.
It was humiliating and traumatic and very unfair.

Just my opinion. Welcome home all you DuPrees! NE Brown Bread is in the mail. Thank you so much for the journals and the photos. You are all (you too Garron) such great photographers.

My thoughts exactly. Thank you.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
norad
Vintage Newbie

i remember two different people calling the whole group jerks.
not christie specifically.
no one ever said "christie you're a jerk".
(that i know of)
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

i'm confused. i don't remember Weston replying to any of the threads. that's wierd and thats silly that someone is inpersinating Weston. i don't remember anything being said of Christie?
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

sorry, but I don't find family and friends of the band mocking the real fans funny...and then getting defended over it on here makes it worse.

ever heard the phrase "don't bite the hand that feeds you" ?

Vintage Newbie

I know some people think it might make things worse, but at this point a whole ton of speculation from people that weren't there really can't get any worse. So, could someone, aside from saying someone is a jerk or someone overreacted, give a summary in the most unbiased way possible, of why everybody is in a huff, and what was said in the chat room that may have offended anybody?
norad
Vintage Newbie

they were basically making fun of eisley fans.
saying they were certain members of the band.
and giving out fake aim screen names claiming they were certain band member's screen names.
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

Pointing specific people out for specific things or in a generic kinda "Eisley fans are gay" type thing?
norad
Vintage Newbie

JBaker wrote:
Pointing specific people out for specific things or in a generic kinda "Eisley fans are gay" type thing?

no, not like that.
they were just mocking us.
like saying stuff that some people on here would say but more extreme and annoying. being obnoxious, ridiculous, borderline rude.
made us look like fools for liking the band.
it's kind of hard to explain all that was said, and i wont share any direct quotes.
amidthestars
Vintage Newbie

it's weird to be famous.

all your kind, they're coming clean
they shut their eyes
their mess, their scene