Laughing City
SamuraiPunk
Vintage Newbie

it look like there myspace seem to be a good source for Eisley content.
there Vidclips,Photos,Music.and check it out.

http://www.myspace.com/eisley

norad
Vintage Newbie

their myspace has WAY too much stuff on it.
there just needs to be a link to the journal and nothing else.
Andy
Sea Post King

people with slow computers (*cough* me *cough*) when I go to it, I can do nothing else at all. With all the images loading, it just boggs my computer down into a never ending whole which can only be resolved through a ctrl-alt-del. Its good, and probably their best media outlet, no doubt...

Just murders my computer's memory cache in all respects.

And, well, I just dislike the entire myspace kiddy movement.

Lots of content tho.

President Dwight D. Eisenhower
Joined: 15 Jun 2003 | Posts: 109 | Location: Ontario, Canada
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

they have really good videos there
norad
Vintage Newbie

the journal(s) are the best outlet for media.
yeah the mypace had a few pictures and videos...but, the journals have way more pictures and videos in all.
plus, all the stuff on the myspace is in the journal.
McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
their myspace has WAY too much stuff on it.
there just needs to be a link to the journal and nothing else.
i agree. sorta. they still need some basic info, maybe some bio/review (which i think they already have), but they don't need so many pictures and stuff about tours. there's still stuff about the summer scenic tour on there.
Jinxed
Golly, Poster

I used their Myspace to promote them at my local coffee shop. The guy who owns it liked them so much he went out and bought their cd!
Joined: 31 Mar 2006 | Posts: 544 | Location: Cookeville, Tennessee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

You all are acting like MySpace isn't a painfully slow Web site anyway. Laughing

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Yeah I don't know. I don't have any problems loading, but I can see how some could. But that's true, many myspace pages have loads of media on it! My thing had hardly anything and just the background I used I was told messed up some friend's browsers!

BUT I dont think they need to get rid of everything! Indeed when I first found out about the band, I think I found their myspace first. It's a good source of pics/videos/info for those new fans to catch up. I don't think it needs to be so minimalistic as to just link to the journals. Reading EVERYTHING there can be overwhelming for someone new. A good compromise? Or some seperate page somewhere for the condensed "history" of the band's activities/accomplishments like the myspace has.
bright young thing
Sea Post King

I like their myspace page, when I'm not on my computer....
When I can actually view everything that is on their page...

Last edited by bright young thing on Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
drenchedecent
Sea Post King

i agree, the myspace needs to be simplified. i have a T1 connection, and it takes a long time for me to load all of the 1000 images on it. i also find the number of friends eisley has to be insane- 100000! have they sold that many albums? no. why wouldn't everyone who is a friend buy room noises?
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

drenchedecent wrote:
i agree, the myspace needs to be simplified. i have a T1 connection, and it takes a long time for me to load all of the 1000 images on it. i also find the number of friends eisley has to be insane- 100000! have they sold that many albums? no. why wouldn't everyone who is a friend buy room noises?

Because a lot of those people are just trying to advertise their crap.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
SamuraiPunk
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
the journal(s) are the best outlet for media.
yeah the mypace had a few pictures and videos...but, the journals have way more pictures and videos in all.
plus, all the stuff on the myspace is in the journal.

i agree.it just i hadn't looked at there my space scince january and now there alot more content.i have a fast computer and a good connection and i do have to wait for it to all load.but i was suprise to see how much they added.

Silver Star Rain
Lost at Forum

Links to pics and clips would probably be better. Although I enjoyed looking at all the pics (I haven't had time to delve into all the journals lately) I think they should stick to only a few and then link the rest. Still, if I was a silly person on myspace and ran into the site, it sure would catch my eye. I would probably be there for quite a few minutes...

And it's so sad to see the world agree
That they'd rather see their faces fill with flies
All when I'd want to keep white roses in their eyes.

Joined: 01 Sep 2003 | Posts: 1061 | Location: The Stoned Mountain