Laughing City
Lapin et GĂ©meaux
Sea Post King

I'm new to this band and would like to hear everyones' reasons, connections, empathy, aspirations, etc. Why this song? This is not a critique. I am sure they write and play songs they like...not necessarily for the masses.

Show your reviews, your feelings, your support...

days and lonely nights
when our ends come soon.
-ERL 2003
Joined: 03 Nov 2003 | Posts: 32 | Location: Mystic, Connecticut
dpwrchick
Sea Post King

i like alot of eisley songs... but my faves are proabably

tree tops, sea king, mr pine, they all surrounded me, and laughing city... i think that is all, but it changes daily, so u never know!

nevaeh84
Sea Post King

my all time favorite eisley song is blackened crown.
that will never change. it is so beautiful.
and i have felt like that many a time.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I think, not quite having heard or every song (or having heard them all enough), that my favorite is Sun Feet.

I love Tree Tops and Over the Mountains, too ... and ... jeez, they're all so good. Shocked

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tiff
Sea Post King

My fav. song is Head Against the Sky
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GIMP
Sea Post King

Probably laughing City, and I really love "They all sorrounded me", especially the live version that boyd posted. Such a beautiful song. I'm actually planning on buying my first guitar now, hopefully I'll get wuite good at it Very Happy .

Joined: 30 Oct 2003 | Posts: 17 | Location: GIMPland (Maryland)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
MoreOfTheSame
Vintage Newbie

Over the Mountains and Lady Of The Wood are probably my faves. I just love the lyrics and the ambiance (sp?) to both of those songs. I often find myself humming the vocal lines to both of those songs quite frequently as well (especially Lady Of The Wood).

Flickr
Transvaal IV - Myspace : Virb
Deep Thoughts About Shallow Subjects
Joined: 02 Sep 2003 | Posts: 2455 | Location: Grapevine, TX
kelly
Golly, Poster

all the eisley songs are very pleasurable to listen to and I never find myself putting the repeat on any particular song. Tree Tops, Blackened Crown, Over the Mountains, Lady of the Woods (on the www.straylight6.org website...).... Im really looking forward to hearing the new songs on the EP tomorrow.. ^_^.

All of the songs are fantastic! Very Happy

i wuv them to death.

iLivejournal

VirbAGE
sometimes i make things to look at
Joined: 31 Oct 2003 | Posts: 860 | Location: orlando, florida
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

blackened crown was the first song of theirs that was my favorite song, then it was head against the sky, lately though, marvelous things has been playing an awful lot on the ear buds.

i like it for several reasons one of which is its verses are in a natural minor key ... that sounds like a stupid reason, basically though it means that it sounds different and good and awesome. most people use harmonic minor these days so its nice to have a change. and it has a nice minor to relative major switch and is just generall a very dreamy piece of work.

really i just like the way it sounds and all that crap is just a fancy way of saying, its purty.
Emotion Sickness
Sea Post King

aaahh, it's so hard to decide. I think I like I Was Not Prepared and Head Against the Sky.

Actually, no. I can't ever choose a favorite. It's always just "which song have you been listening to most lately?" because when i'm asked my favorite I always end up saying the one i've been listening to most, thinking it's my favorite because i've listened to it so much. (whoa, long sentence.) So, those are the two I've been listening to most lately.
Joined: 30 Oct 2003 | Posts: 73 | Location: Bloomington, IN
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

the EP1 version of Telescope Eyes got me hooked but right now i'd have to say Memories is my favorite.
south535
Sea Post King

Is there somewhere where I can find "Lady of the Woods" or "Sun Feet"? It kills me there are Eisley songs I've never heard before...
MoreOfTheSame
Vintage Newbie

south535 wrote:
Is there somewhere where I can find "Lady of the Woods" or "Sun Feet"? It kills me there are Eisley songs I've never heard before...

I don't know about Sun Feet, but video of the debut of Lady Of The Wood at the NTNMF is available on http://www.straylight6.org

Flickr
Transvaal IV - Myspace : Virb
Deep Thoughts About Shallow Subjects
Joined: 02 Sep 2003 | Posts: 2455 | Location: Grapevine, TX
south535
Sea Post King

Ah, so I have heard that one. I was wondering what that was called. Thanks for pointing that out to me (I'm not to quick on the up-take)
Nicholas Carlone
Sea Post King

Hello ..Im new to Eisley.Reading your replys I see alot of songs not on the EP.Were can i find them?(i know it makes me evil but i downloaded a few off winmix)Can you all help?...Bye the way,im going to see them on Nov 16.I cant wait....Also i love all the songs i have heard so far but my fav is Laughing city...no its Dream for me...no its...i love them all........Nicholas(new Eisley fan)Carlone
Joined: 04 Nov 2003 | Posts: 17 | Location: Portland/OR//Tucson/AZ