Laughing City
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

So, I'm looking for someone to navigate Houston and Austin for the upcoming Eisley shows, any takers?

I know, long shot, but I'm far too paranoid and too inexperienced with those cities and their traffic to want to do this by myself. (I easily get lost, too.)

Here's the payoff: I bought an extra ticket to each show for a ride, I'll cover gas and even drive as much as I can stand of the non-city traffic. I'm generally a sane and safe driver, too.

Other than the traffic, all you have to do is put up with me (a non-creepy, geeky, goofy, newspaper/design/photography guy who makes bad jokes), be willing to get to the shows early and stay after long enough to hang out with the band as much as possible. I'm taking a crazy amount of photos, too. Uhm, Oh yeah, I live in Nacogdoches, and in Longview. So those are my hometowns. I'm close enough to Tyler that I could even go in that general area for a ride.

Hey, I tried ... write here PM or whatever if you are interested, though.

And, it's 5:17 a.m. and I'm staying up to record the MTV thing. I saw Sherri and someone I couldn't identify in time at the beginning, so I'm pretty sure they're on this one ...

-Jamie

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
boyd
Eisleyoid

come on people...help the guy. Smile

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
ali
since 1979

well, i live in austin, walking distance to emo's, and i'm going to houston as well. so i can't drive you from east texas, but i could from houston to austin.. but that doesn't really seem to help, does it?

hmm.. well if i can be useful in some way, just let me know.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Houston to Austin could be very helpful. I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

i'm going to Austin from Fort Worth. If you can get to Waco, I'll get us the rest of the way no sweat.

Warning! i have no radio :(... well right now anyway, i may be able to get it fixed by the time of the Austin show.

AearTeilu
Sea Post King

if any of this ever gets figured out, let me know. I'm in college station and/or dallas area and got my first taste of flying solo in rush hour traffic this past weekend and that was quite sufficient for my tastes, thank you kindly. It'd be awesome if somehow we got a huge caravan carpool thing going, at least.

p.s. I get lost in my hometown, too, antrider, so you're not alone Smile

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

That would be cool ... Hopefully something can get figured out soon. I'm working on it ...

ali
since 1979

i'm doing the austin -> houston -> austin thing, probably driving down to houston sometime saturday afternoon-ish. i'm not sure if i'm staying overnight in houston on saturday. probably so, since it's gonna be late. think i'm gonna crash at my friend's place (he lives with his parents, so i don't think i can just start inviting ppl over). then that would mean leaving houston by noon sunday to make it back to austin in time for the show. it'd be cool if ppl came over to my place before/after the show, since i'm very close to the venue, but i don't know if i'd have time to really prepare for guests. finger sandwiches, decorations, party favors.. it's all terribly time-consuming.

so ok, yeah. if it sounds like i can be useful... ok.

man, i want some kool-aid right now. i haven't had that stuff in forever. all i've got in the fridge is water and old soy milk. not too old, i don't think. i'm not sure that soy milk ever really expries. it's very strange. but i just use it for cereal, i don't drink it straight. i think i might go back to regular milk. i think it might taste better, even if it does expire really fast. plus i heard soy milk has like estrogen in it. i don't want to get estrogenated.

woo bed time for ali. Shocked

AearTeilu
Sea Post King

did you know that you can dye your hair with kool aid? anything that dyes your skin will dye your hair. of course, it doesn't work on we dark locked 'uns nearly as well, but it's the thought that counts, right?
ali
since 1979

yeah, except when you start sweating or get rained on, you get red or purple streaks down your face.
Shain
Vintage Newbie

if someone could start me out in fortworth I could go, but I dont know I will ahve ot cancle my theramin, well I could buy it later.
Golly, Poster

what time does the houston concert start? i have tickets already, but not here with me. also, eisley is going on first, right?
Shain
Vintage Newbie

I decided that I am going to hide in one of eisely's equiptment cases(the ones they spin each other in) adn I will get a free ride and get in, and get backstage all free. Then when they unload me it will be too late. I will be in.

I think I might.

Sea Post King

shain, you're getting a theramin?? I am insanely jealous. them thangs rock harder than your granny's chair.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I'm reviving this thread ... to quote myself:

Quote:
So, I'm looking for someone to navigate Houston and Austin for the upcoming Eisley shows, any takers?

I know, long shot, but I'm far too paranoid and too inexperienced with those cities and their traffic to want to do this by myself. (I easily get lost, too.)

Here's the payoff: I bought an extra ticket to each show for a ride, I'll cover gas and even drive as much as I can stand of the non-city traffic. I'm generally a sane and safe driver, too.

Other than the traffic, all you have to do is put up with me (a non-creepy, geeky, goofy, newspaper/design/photography guy who makes bad jokes), be willing to get to the shows early and stay after long enough to hang out with the band as much as possible. I'm taking a crazy amount of photos, too. Uhm, Oh yeah, I live in Nacogdoches, and in Longview. So those are my hometowns. I'm close enough to Tyler that I could even go in that general area for a ride.

Hey, I tried ... write here PM or whatever if you are interested, though.

I've gotten some offers for stretches of the journey, which I appreciate a lot. So I just thought I'd try again to see if I can get any takers. Very Happy

Thanks anway.
-Jamie