Laughing City

Are you holding onto a cell phone too long?
Yes -- I hate it, but I can't let go
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
No -- I love mine and/or never want to lose it
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Garron's entry about his now-dead cellphone has me thinking: How many of us are holding onto our cell phones too long?

I have a phone I haven't really cared for since I got it around April or May 2005. It's bulky, and nothing terribly special. By now it's been beat up pretty bad. It's a bit quiet (making it hard to hear in situations), the camera is lame and the battery is starting to fade. About the only good things I can say about it are that I like the front display and that it's tough. I loved the phone I had to give up for it (we were switching for a new family plan).

I want a new phone, and I'll get one ... some day.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

At least yours has a camera.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I got a new phone and number when I moved, and I'm not even paying for it (it's on my boyfriend's plan), and even though I'm poor right now I can't let go of my old phone/plan. I have pictures from my first ever U2 show on there.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Connie
Golly, Poster

I wish I had a phone..
Vintage Newbie

I got mine in Jan 05. The front display leaked and you can't see the clock. It's gone through the washer twice. There's a purple line on the internal display. No camera.
Laughing Citizen

My phone sucks, even though I have to love it because it can text. Otherwise, nothing. I can't upgrade my phone until January because Cingular sucks. I've had the same one for about 2 years, or maybe even more.

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Terebinthia
Vintage Newbie

Wait, you need one more option:

I hate my dinosaur phone and want a new one but can't get one yet.

Razz

Commentary on creepy online men who use fake photos of girly Fabiosos to get the ladies:

"The longer my hair gets, the more sexy I have" - Jamie M.
Joined: 10 Jan 2005 | Posts: 3967 | Location: In between here and there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

I have a samsung d-600

got it in january or something

Vintage Newbie

I've had mine since '04. It's attained some character since then.
magnetic headbot
Laughing Citizen

i juuust had to give up my old phone because cingular was telling me it was too old for the new simcards or whatever...they sent me mail. and they called me. and they texted me. haha. it's a pretty simple phone i guess but i 'msoooo not used to it at all. I almost sent like 5 unfinished text messages because i didn't know what i was doing. Rolling Eyes

Last.fm.etsy.tumblr
kiko
Golly, Poster

sept 04 when i got mine, and it isnt even a proper brand. i cant afford to get a new phone and this thing is only just starting to die... the 4 button is a touch dodgy and the screen is 1 or 2 seconds behind the rest of the phone.. but i can deal with it.

i want a new phone but i dont really care when Very Happy

smile Very Happy
jonthewallflower
Laughing Citizen

Clark wrote:
I've had mine since '04. It's attained some character since then.

haha, "character"? what like it has fun stories to say at parties and knows how totell a good joke?
Razz

but yeah, i was kinda forced to relinquishy my first cell phone because i dropped it so many times that the screen went dark, and then my crappy ebay replacement phone for that one fell into the toilet, these things happened within a month of each other...

new phone plan means new phone, so here's to having the mass produced nokia flip one that everyone seems to have

Paranoid Android v2.0
Vintage Newbie

I bought a new Razr last Christmas, and I don't plan on getting rid of it any time soon. It's a good phone, and it cost enough that I can't see buying a new one for a while.

This is MYSPACE
Gee, Blog
Joined: 29 Oct 2003 | Posts: 4250 | Location: Up here in Connecticut
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Paranoid Android v2.0
Vintage Newbie

I bought a new Razr last Christmas, and I don't plan on getting rid of it any time soon. It's a good phone, and it cost enough that I can't see buying a new one for a while.

This is MYSPACE
Gee, Blog
Joined: 29 Oct 2003 | Posts: 4250 | Location: Up here in Connecticut
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

I've had mine since september 2004. My 16th birthday.

I remember how for two months it had a redneck back, made out of cardboard and electrical tape, cause i couldn't find the proper one. It survived being crushed in my pocket as I got crushed at the front of a Coldplay show. awesome.

It takes an age to switch on/off. So I don't. I just put on recharge every third night or so.

Alcatels used to suck.

not anymore.

it's just Virgin. Their plans are poo.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland

goto page
 | next >>