Laughing City
oliez
Vintage Newbie

I have a question. I'm guessing the good 'uns that are Sea King, Tree Tops, Over the Mountians (I know they played that while on the Back to Basics Tour) aren't played because they're old/rusty (like The Winter Song was last December when they played Buzz Oven). But why haven't newer songs like Lost at Sea and One Day I Slowly... from Room Noises hardly been played live (at a main shows, I know they've been played in InStores/that UGO preformance)? Is it the for the same reason as Brightly Wound? Do they not liike them or just not think they would go over well with a new crowd?
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

I thought someone mentioned that the band didn't really care for Lost At Sea, which is why they don't play that one.

I've never heard of any reason as to why they don't play ODISFA.

Protocol Droid

I think (pertaining to the last tour) that it could mainly be that there are now several non-album singles to promote, the healthy back catalog and the addition of six new songs. They get 18-20 songs for a long show on the last tour, so there are 3 or so iTunes-only songs, 6 new songs, 9-ish album/EP tracks and an oldie (Mr. Pine). I guess something has to go ... But Eisley have been responsive to fans begging for songs to reappear in the past (except Pretender. ha). And they're good about rotating between tours, it seems.

P.S. ODISFA could possibly just be hard to play live.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:

I think that's got to be the most challenging, vocally and instrumentally, of everything on Room Noises.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bn_me
Sea Post King

If you yell out your request obnoxiously loud and often enough at one of their shows, they may just add it in (during the encore), as they did with "Blackened Crown" several tours ago.

Of course though, several tours ago their shows were a lot smaller (atleast in Montreal).
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

I think that's got to be the most challenging, vocally and instrumentally, of everything on Room Noises.

that's what i think. the music especially the piano is quite hard to play and sing at the same time.

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

bn_me wrote:
If you yell out your request obnoxiously loud and often enough at one of their shows, they may just add it in (during the encore), as they did with "Blackened Crown" several tours ago.

Of course though, several tours ago their shows were a lot smaller (atleast in Montreal).

I kind of hate when people do that though. Each band has their own artistic vision of a setlist, and they want it to flow accordingly. I don't mind fanservice, but sometimes it gets to be too much.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
bn_me wrote:

I kind of hate when people do that though. Each band has their own artistic vision of a setlist, and they want it to flow accordingly. I don't mind fanservice, but sometimes it gets to be too much.

ALthough, it can be funny. Like when there were a couple of die-hard fans when I saw Belle and Sebastian. Constantly shouted for Me and the Major, they did. It became a running joke, with everyone around them laughing at them and giving eachother puzzled looks. Then finally we joined in, for the heck of it. After the first two chords of If You're Feeling Sinister one then shouted "ACH THAT'LL DO...!" (Huge ceers from the section of the crowd when they did play the track). Ah, good times.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:
bn_me wrote:

ALthough, it can be funny. Like when there were a couple of die-hard fans when I saw Belle and Sebastian. Constantly shouted for Me and the Major, they did. It became a running joke, with everyone around them laughing at them and giving eachother puzzled looks. Then finally we joined in, for the heck of it. After the first two chords of If You're Feeling Sinister one then shouted "ACH THAT'LL DO...!" (Huge ceers from the section of the crowd when they did play the track). Ah, good times.

They always seem to be great with fans. Belle and Sebastian is a blast at live shows. When I saw 'em last March, Stuart jumped off the stage to dance with us in the crowd.

oliez
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:

the set list of all set lists. what a great show that would have been.
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

oliez wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

i have that, and it's signed.

/bragging
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

oliez wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

i'd have to agree--awesome set list.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:

I'm pretty sure that's the only time I've seen that in an Eisley setlist. Which is sad really, 'cause it's my favorite on Room Noises and I would have died happy immediately after seeing it live.

I agree, that New Year's setlist is pretty much the best one ever.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

That was seriously one of the best nights of my life. Good times.