Laughing City
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

We all could request Eisley a bunch of times on radio, MTV and MTV2. (HA-ha)

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

Camp out in front of Best Buy for three days, despite the weather, and storm in there the day of to grab a copy and race it to the register. Then eBay it for $1500. We can beat those PS3 people!
Mims
Golly, Poster

golly_sandra wrote:
Camp out in front of Best Buy for three days, despite the weather, and storm in there the day of to grab a copy and race it to the register. Then eBay it for $1500. We can beat those PS3 people!

As long as I get to punch random customers and push them out of my way. And maybe bite the person at the check out in front of me.
Joined: 03 Jun 2006 | Posts: 617 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

Mims wrote:
golly_sandra wrote:

As long as I get to punch random customers and push them out of my way. And maybe bite the person at the check out in front of me.

You can also do drive-bys.. AND you can steal the album from whoever bought it before you by mauling them in the parking lot.

Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

I like the idea of the requests....That can actually make a difference. I already started requesting them on some smaller tv shows (like HDNET True music), though it's a bit early Wink

I know I plan on having my own listening party the day it comes out! I really don't know of any others who would be up for it in this area, but I'm sure some cities could get something together!
madcat2089
Sea Post King

back to V for Vendetta:
somehow distribute the cds like masks....

remember, remember the 3rd of April... (as for now)

...eh doesn't really share the rhyme
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Funny you should mention V ... I was thinking we could all dress up like Sherri drawings and parade around in front of stores selling the CDs. Any thoughts?

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RockerChick
Sea Post King

are there official Laughing City board t-shirts? I thought I saw one but I could be imagining things. If not, we should get t-shirts that only forum members could buy, and then all wear them on release day. Smile

The Decemberists board did this design:

The White Stripes board is doing this one:

I think it'd be kinda cool. (Unless we already did it and nobody told me. IF WE DID I WANT ONE! Laughing)
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Cool shirts ... we've talked about that before, I think. hm. Do you know how the forums put that together? Was it something the bands did, or was it fan-initiated?

We need something to like draw press attention. ha. Like really out there, but fun and cool. Not that shirts aren't a bad idea, I'm just brainstorming.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:

We need something to like draw press attention. ha. Like really out there, but fun and cool. Not that shirts aren't a bad idea, I'm just brainstorming.

Then after we figure out what we are going to do someone on the board has to type up and send out a press release.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Sprocket
Vintage Newbie

I'm going to write 'stacy, garron, and wes-' on a honey-roasted peanut and leave it in the gents at the Dog and Plough.
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

Then after we figure out what we are going to do someone on the board has to type up and send out a press release.

Jamie used to be a journalist of some description, did he not? Unless my memory is lying to me... (quite possible that it is).

I like the dog idea! genious!

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

I'll put in an order for 50 extra Eisley CDs and set up a Midnight Release Party for the night before. We'll open up a CD and play it as soon as it comes in on the truck.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Awesome. Very Happy

guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
Cool shirts ... we've talked about that before, I think. hm. Do you know how the forums put that together? Was it something the bands did, or was it fan-initiated?

I remember them actually being done. Like, Samara or someone made a stencil to download with instructions on how to make them. And Boyd wanted one.