Laughing City
StallionMang
Sea Post King

I hadn't visited the forum in a while. I sampled a few different threads and was amused to find that an increasing number of them end up turning into flame wars.

So now I am wondering: if Eisley gets really, really huge, will this site begin to resemble a YouTube comments board? Smile

oliez
Vintage Newbie

yeah. I'm sure it will. With the huge increase in new people around the end of may and then with this "big opening spot".

It always happens with fourms. At least it has with all the ones I've been in.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

This forum has survived going from 1,000 users to 10,000. I always say it, but for the most part, we are our own worst enemies. So hopefully we can hold the community together.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

I always laugh when the topic of "fights on LC" pop up.

Think about it,you have a couple of thousand (not 10,000 btw) people join the forum from all walks of life,all parts of the world and all different age groups and it for some unknown reason it seems weird to some of you that not everyone always gets along or arguements arise sometimes.

Why is it such an issue that people disagree or are occassionally rude to one another? This is an internet forum,Not utopia

Sea Post King

True, but people can always try harder.
Russell
Golly, Poster

homesick_alien wrote:

Think about it,you have a couple of thousand (not 10,000 btw) people join the forum from all walks of life,all parts of the world and all different age groups and it for some unknown reason it seems weird to some of you that not everyone always gets along or arguements arise sometimes.

Why is it such an issue that people disagree or are occassionally rude to one another? This is an internet forum,Not utopia

amen
Last edited by Russell on Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

homesick_alien wrote:

You'd love it if Laughing City became a no good ghetto.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

its all Nora's fault, she's always stirring the pot...that's why I divorced her
Andrew
Lost at Forum

This used to be such a nice place. Back in the day.
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1479 | Location: Dallas, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
amidthestars
Vintage Newbie

Andrew wrote:

oh gosh, no it didn't! it's just that then any squabbles were confined to the General section.

i think it's silly to get all worked up about this stuff; it's an internet forum. people with differing opinions are bound to be here, and the very nature of a message board dictates that they're going to express those opinions. certainly, things have gotten out of hand before, but this is nothing compared to what other forums are like. we hardly see any profanity, there is generally very little rude name calling, and overall, this board has the most interesting topics of any of the boards i've frequented.
this is thanks to all of the people here.
fights and squabbles are going to happen... deal with it. that is life. i don't care for it, but i can't change how people respond. i can only control what i do.

all your kind, they're coming clean
they shut their eyes
their mess, their scene
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Andrew wrote:

Quote:

All it takes is a few bad apples to ruin the whole bunch.
There is no doubt that things will change. Some changes will be good, some will be not so good.

BTW....We have 11465 registered users
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

i've always been of the opinion that a forum fight is less annoying then any of the posts where people complain about the fight. if two or three boardies are having a go, let them have at it, and the mods will cut in if need be. it's not your job to make the boardies fighting aware of your opinion that "internet drama is stupid." also, drawing attention to previous fights will make the next one seem more annoying.

in short, unless you're involved or a mod, ignore it. make the forum what YOU want it to be by contributing elsewhere.
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
BTW....We have 11465 registered users

I think what Paul meant is that, although there are 11,465 users, there are definitely not that many people posting. I'd go check how many registered users there are with between 0 - 10 posts to their name, but....lazy bones were assigned to my sack of skin and muscle.

And the arguments on here are definitely a far cry from 'flame wars'.

Deadpoet
Sea Post King

I haven't posted here in a while. I'm becoming a lurker... Shocked That's no good.
Every time I see so called 'fights' on the board I take it with a grain of salt. I've gotten used to seeing some people's responses. It's also hard to show sarcasm on a forum. So if 'patrock' is being sarcastic some people might take it as rude, and so on and so forth, before you know it you've got yourself a forum 'fight.' No big deal. We always move on, don't we?

StallionMang
Sea Post King

BNROCKS wrote:
i've always been of the opinion that a forum fight is less annoying then any of the posts where people complain about the fight.

Oh, call me annoying will you? Dem's fightin' words!! BNROCKS, it's me and you...in the back parking lot....after school. It's ON!!

goto page
 | next >>