Laughing City
sweeeeet
Golly, Poster

I always seem to miss the good articles just after they come out. I just found this, it's really long but a good read

Eisley and the Atmosphere of God

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Bluetones Coffee Galaxy? Laughing

Nevertheless, that's a pretty interesting faith-oriented article. Not the angle most journalists take.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

I read a few paragraphs. Will have to read the whole thing when I'm at home later. I thought this photo makes Boyd look like the ultimate "cool dad" (which of course he is).

lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

i read a good ways down and then my short attention span hit me!

but i must say it was a good article. they are wonderful christian people Smile

Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Whooo hooo I actually read the entire article. Laughing I have to admit my attention span has gotten less recently, but I'm glad I did!

It was a really good read for me...for personal reasons. But it was also good, especially during this lull in the action. Their personal faith is just that...personal. But reading some of the opinions and background to various experiences really shows their humanity.

Yeah, it's all about the music but sometimes---most times---for me, the people behind it helps to take that music you hear to the next level. Maybe it's the fact that the music does reflect the people writing and performing it by default, or maybe it's more of a psychological thing on my part. All I know is that after reading that, my excitement about this little big band from Texas is totally refreshed. Very Happy
nerdcorex0
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
Bluetones Coffee Galaxy? Laughing

Nevertheless, that's a pretty interesting faith-oriented article. Not the angle most journalists take.

maybe they said BLUETONES bc theres a popular clothing store in canada called blueNOTES. eh? eeehhh? maybe. i shall read when i gets the chance. how old is this thing anyhoot?

creation is salvation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

Did anyone else see a date on that article?
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Boyd wrote:
Pretty much they’re the antithesis of the culture that we find ourselves in. And yet they seem to find the greatest acceptance, just because there’s such a hunger.

Awesome words.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
crusso
Sea Post King

What a great article. It really answers a lot of questions about the band that someone who's never seen them live (Me) might have. It confirmed what I initially thought when I first heard Eisley: they're a special group of people. I'm excited about their decision to avoid the typical music industry lifestyle that so many bands get lulled into. I'm excited about their decision to do it because they love to make music and not for the money or the fame. I'm excited at the way the whole family throws their support and love behind the band.

I'm telling you, this next album is going to be incredible.
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

jamiga wrote:

No. And I was pointedly looking for one.

Cool article though. It's great to see interviews that don't always stick to just the same old questions.

Laughing Citizen

OceanMachine wrote:
jamiga wrote:

No. And I was pointedly looking for one.

Cool article though. It's great to see interviews that don't always stick to just the same old questions.

In the interview, they mention the previewed new songs that they are doing on tour and going to the UK for the Taking Back Sunday tour. Sooo, no date, but I'm supposing April or May of last year. Sometime during/after the Final Noise tour and before going to the UK.
sea legs
Vintage Newbie

he spelled sherry with a y... Mad

but over all I guess it's pretty good.

virb
Joined: 28 Sep 2005 | Posts: 2290 | Location: Missouri loves me.
rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

this had to be relatively recent with it mentioning sherri getting engaged. well some what recent anyway.

i love how he spells sherri's name two different ways and then adds an "e" to stacy's name.

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic
norad
Vintage Newbie

I uploaded that photo of Chauntelle and Boyd to the gallery in October. So it's been up since sometime last year.
I don't see any photo credits. Confused
RockerChick
Sea Post King

“And she was like ‘I just want you to know that God loves you and that your sins are forgiven’ and all this stuff, and I was like ‘Oh my gosh, thank you, that’s really sweet, I know, that’s awesome.’ And she was like, ‘I’d like to pray with you right now if you’d let me’ and I was like ahem, okay, I don’t know. It was right in front of all of our fans and I was like okay… I didn’t know what to do"

Haha WHAT THE HELL? Jesus Camp anyone? I'm sorry, but aside from rapists and axe murderers, nobody annoys me more than fundamentalist/evangelical christians. I am totally cool with people being Christian, but nobody should be put on the spot like that.