Laughing City
Kappa962
I LIKE KNOBS, FADERS

Jazmin wrote:
Just seeing them last April was amzing. And I just joined this forum, so that's great too. Razz

Was that the House of Blues show? I've seen them over a hundred times, and that show was in my top 5 Eisley shows. (Along with the Final noise Bowery Ballroom show, the Switchfoot Houston show, and the Switchfoot Norva show)
-Mark
evilocdsquirrel13

ohh 2006..

joining laughing city...but lurking.

going to the show at the meridian and signing [no, not singing.] to all the songs, while my friend interpreted the speaking.

first posts on laughing city. and meeting so many awesome people!!

waking up in the hospital and hearing the first sounds in my life. [that I can remember.] which happened to be the song marvelous things. was amazing.

yeeeah. 2006 rocked.
 |  | 
Jazmin
Sea Post King

Kappa962 wrote:
Jazmin wrote:
Just seeing them last April was amzing. And I just joined this forum, so that's great too. Razz

Was that the House of Blues show? I've seen them over a hundred times, and that show was in my top 5 Eisley shows. (Along with the Final noise Bowery Ballroom show, the Switchfoot Houston show, and the Switchfoot Norva show)
-Mark

Yeah, the one in Hollywood.
Joined: 18 Jan 2007 | Posts: 452 | Location: Los Angeles, CA
ImmoralImmortal
Golly, Poster

Hmm...

1. Finally being allowed to go to a show and meet them (Winter West Tour)
2. Speaking to Chauntelle throughout and before the whole show. (After every song my friends and I would be little bugs and start talking to her)
3. Having Chauntelle ask us if we had met the rest of the band, and have them meet us outside the merch room (at the Troubadour) and sign all of our things.
4. Finding Marvelous Things and Laughing City at the store when they came out.
5. Being asked about by Sherri. My friend sneaked back into the venue after the show (I was caught haha) and took a picture with Weston and Sherri, and Sherri asked her "Where is your friend Ramón?" We had been talking about her drawings for a few minutes.
6. Getting Room Noises the day before it was officially released at the show.

Hmm...most of my Eisley happy moments happened at that show :^3
Was amazing.

OH! 7. (haha) My friends got into the venue before I did.(I lost them and so I went into the merch room) It turns out that they saw Chauntelle, and she started talking to them. So they told her that I had introduced them all to Eisley, and that I was a really big fan and such, and all while I was in the merch room with another friend of mine. She walks up to me and shakes my hand and is like," You must be Ramón." Aw man...that was intense.

I wonder if any of them would remember us. That was too far back probably. It was their first time at the Troubadour so I hope we helped them feel welcome in Los Angeles <:^)

That was an amazing day. Very Happy

~ Ramón ~
Joined: 05 Apr 2004 | Posts: 508 | Location: Carson, California
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

probably, actually getting to see them live (finally!), cause i had missed them twice before.

and then talking to them during and after the show, during because i threw my wristband up on stage for Sherri to use, and then i asked if Chauntelle wanted to use my other one.

My free Room Noises 7" Vinyl Record, cause of letting Sherri use my wristband.

Meeting everyone but Sherri, cause she was up in the dressing room, and everyone else had signed my shirt already, but Boyd went up and had Sherri sign it for me, thanks for that Boyd.

and yes, this was all one concert...

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Meggers
Vintage Newbie

My favorite Eisley moment of 2006 was meeting Weston, Chauntelle, and their Grandma at the Taking Back Sunday show in Dallas in December.

StarryxEyed
Sea Post King

Let's see...finding out that Eisley exsists. And listening to all their music I could find a way to get my hands on. And then going to their show in March, even though it sucked since they shut it down early. And joining the forum xD That was great.
Caley
Lost at Forum

Both of the shows this year.
a. The Final Noise show in Dallas was awesome because 1.) it was the first time hearing the new songs live and 2.) I got my first set list (thanks to my friend Jess who made me jump on her to get it). That show was so awesome! Plus Luvbeat performed!
b. The Buzz-Oven show. I loved it because I got to hear the new songs again with the changes. The bridge on ICBTFY was so amazing and it took me by surprise when I heard it, a fantastic surprise though! Then what was the icing on the cake during that set was Laughing City acoustic... it was so awesome to see and hear live. That's one of my favorite old works songs for sure, so that definitely deserves to be one of my favorite Eisley moments of '06. Then I got my MMM poster signed by all of them, which was pretty cool as well, and they wished me a happy birthday.

The blogs about the recording process and such. I love Boyd's journals... they're awesome. And then all of Sherri's, Stacy's, Chauntelle's, Garron's, and Weston's updates. Kim made a few B-Side updates, didn't she? Those were awesome as well.

The Memories video and the YouTube video. Both of those were awesome, and the YouTube one was definitely hilarious and, even if those weird YouTube people didn't get it, us fans loved it.

2006 was good for us Eisleyians. Thanks DuPrees!

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

* When I met them
* They signed my Nylon Magazine
* When Weston stabbed a box with a sharpie
* I gave them Jelly Beans.
* Hugs!
*When they left the Grog Shop with their 'entourage' back in '05 and Christie shot me this really dirty look. Laughing
*When Garron told Sherri he had to pee on stage last April. Laughing

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

- The first time I met them/my first show
- Getting the Laughing City EP
- Discovering the band
- Buying Room Noises the day of release.

There are many more, actually. But those are very notable.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Luke's Mom
Sea Post King

I was making sandwiches to pack up for the whole band and crew (after a nice long visit in between shows) and everytime I finished a sandwich, someone ate it. My kitchen is about 10' X 10' and it slowly filled with Eisleyoids. Due to rapidly diminishing food supplies, I was reduced to making Fluffernutters. (which no one had even heard of) I made the mistake of offering one for a taste. Half sandwiches were gone in two bites. Stacy was making icky faces before she was teased into taking a bite. The transformation on her face from disgust to sheer joy was memorable.
I am lucky to have a lot of DuPree/Eisley memories, but this one still makes me laugh out loud.
Joined: 26 Jul 2004 | Posts: 420 | Location: Cranberry Bog, MA
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Pantheon4 wrote:

*When they left the Grog Shop with their 'entourage' back in '05 and Christie shot me this really dirty look. Laughing

Hey, I was at the show at the Grog Shop!

I thought it was Weston who had to pee though?! I just remember Stacy saying "Ha, Weston has to piss" and them asking if he could hold it. Laughing

And poor Chauntelle being sick...
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Mystic210 wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:

Hey, I was at the show at the Grog Shop!

I thought it was Weston who had to pee though?! I just remember Stacy saying "Ha, Weston has to piss" and them asking if he could hold it. Laughing

And poor Chauntelle being sick...

Both Weston and Garron left for the bathroom during "Just Like We Do". I remember Garron drinking about two thirds of his water bottle in just the first few songs.

And yes Chauntelle did rock sick on a stool!

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
bruceleedisciple
Golly, Poster

1. Having Eisley play less than 2 football fields away from my house.
2. Going to the show and being the first one there.
3. Sneaking into the soundcheck and getting to talk with Chad (My idol) for the second time at an Eisley show.
4. Sitting down 1st row, then Chad walks to the front and tells everyone to come to the front.
5. Hop out my seat and stand right in front of the stage.
6. Final Noise ep.
7. Memories video.
8. Missing school to see Eisley play a free show at cal state fullerton.
9. Meeting the girls for the 3rd time.
10. Going to see New Found Glory at the HOB in ANA and seeing Sherri sing I Don't Wanna Know.
11. Running into Garron at the show and talk to him for a while.
12. Running into Boyd and talking with him for a good while.

www.myspace.com/georgeproject

www.purevolume.com/jesusworshiper
Joined: 02 Sep 2005 | Posts: 674 | Location: los angeles california
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jazmin
Sea Post King

bruceleedisciple wrote:

10. Going to see New Found Glory at the HOB in ANA and seeing Sherri sing I Don't Wanna Know.
11. Running into Garron at the show and talk to him for a while.
12. Running into Boyd and talking with him for a good while.

Don't tell me it was the last tour they did.
Joined: 18 Jan 2007 | Posts: 452 | Location: Los Angeles, CA