Laughing City
PlentyOfCaskets
Sea Post King

ok so i know Boyd said something about an "opening slot" in June..so here are my questions...

1. I guess that means they wont be headlining, which means they will be touring with some huge band..which means tickets are gona be like $40 (not that i wont go to 2 shows regardless).

2. Does anyone know who these bands might be (I need you internet rats to dig up this info...)

Thanks guys,
Gameboybob
Vintage Newbie

Eisley should play Bonnaroo in June, that would rock.

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=gameboybob

http://www.myspace.com/thegameboy
Joined: 01 Aug 2003 | Posts: 5453 | Location: Nagoya, Japan
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Gameboybob wrote:
Eisley should play Bonnaroo in June, that would rock.

Having been to Bonnaroo, it's moderately hard to picture Eisley there. But that said, I'll probably be living in Tennessee by that time so it would be kind of cool.

Meanwhile, Eisley will be headlining. Trust me on that one. The opening tour is not the only tour they'll be doing this year, and they are almost certainly going to go off on their own in support of the new album.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Saellys wrote:
Meanwhile, Eisley will be headlining. Trust me on that one. The opening tour is not the only tour they'll be doing this year, and they are almost certainly going to go off on their own in support of the new album.

Without a doubt. I get shocked at the shortsightedness of people when they freak out over Eisley opening for this or that band. (Not the case this time, I'm just speaking about the past.) They could open for a lot of big bands, and even if it was terrible, they'd be heading out on a headlining tour just a couple of months later.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Meggers
Vintage Newbie

I think it'd be awesome if they got to tour with Taking Back Sunday and New Found Glory. I heard the two of them were planning to tour together this year. I have no idea if it's still happening.

Retrovertigo
Sea Post King

Meggers wrote:
I think it'd be awesome if they got to tour with Taking Back Sunday and New Found Glory. I heard the two of them were planning to tour together this year. I have no idea if it's still happening.

That was just a rumor that was debunked a while back.

I have an idea that maybe this 'big band' is The Fray?

But who knows.

norad
Vintage Newbie

Meggers wrote:

I think I'd throw up actually.
bruceleedisciple
Golly, Poster

patrock wrote:
Meggers wrote:

Agreed.

www.myspace.com/georgeproject

www.purevolume.com/jesusworshiper
Joined: 02 Sep 2005 | Posts: 674 | Location: los angeles california
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Retrovertigo wrote:

But who knows.

For some reason, I was thinking it was the Shins. No basis behind my thinking on that one.

Ehh...the fact you said The Fray and now seeing they are a new "top friend" on their myspace, that seems more plausible. We'll probably hear in a couple of weeks.
oliez
Vintage Newbie

as long as it's not NFG. Not because of NFG, but because of their fans (in the KC area).
Jazmin
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
Meggers wrote:

Yep. Either way, I gotta see them again.
Joined: 18 Jan 2007 | Posts: 452 | Location: Los Angeles, CA
dont_panic
Vintage Newbie

Mystic210 wrote:
Retrovertigo wrote:

But who knows.

For some reason, I was thinking it was the Shins. No basis behind my thinking on that one.

Ehh...the fact you said The Fray and now seeing they are a new "top friend" on their myspace, that seems more plausible. We'll probably hear in a couple of weeks.

i would soil my pants if they toured with the shins. except the shins are on an indie, and all the "big" bands eisley have toured with have been on majors (cept Brand new, at the time).

edit: i can't believe i just wasted my 2000th post on this reply. i was gonna save it!

granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

Retrovertigo wrote:
Meggers wrote:

That was just a rumor that was debunked a while back.

But who knows.

you know who I hate? The Fray...but...their fans should take to Eisley...but The Fray tours small stadiums no doubt...this would be a terrible move IMO as no one cares about the opening act at a stadium gig
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

The Fray are good. I am sure my wife would like them. And Eisley is in their top 8 on myspace, the Fray is in Eisley's top 12 on Myspace. So let the rumors begin! And if so, I guess I'm going to Univesity of Illinois to see them.

The Following shows don't yet have an opening act listed:

Shepard's Bush Empire
London, UK
TIX: On Sale January 15th at gigsandtours.com

Verizon Wireless Music Center
Birmingham, AL
TIX: Pre-Sale Going On now at ticketmaster.com. Password is Thefray

Booth Amphitheatre At Regency Park
Cary, NC

North Charleston Coliseum
Charleston, SC

Assembly Hall
Champaign, IL
TIX: Pre-Sale Going On now at ticketmaster.com. Password is thefray

Starlight Theatre
Kansas City, MO
TIX: Pre-Sale Going On now at ticketmaster.com. Password is thefray

Jimmy uses D'Addario Strings.
norad
Vintage Newbie

STARLIGHT THEATRE? What the hell? That place is for plays! Not concerts! Stupid. It will also probably be hot or raining so it would be really uncomfortable.

I HATE The Fray.
Last edited by norad on Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

goto page
 | next >>