Laughing City
pinkcamel
Sea Post King

I think this song is superb, and hasnt received the recognition it deserved.... any more praise for this song ? i looove it. Very Happy

i think it's one of their best ( next to mr pine, and sunfeet.... )

Brady
Sea Post King

Great song! It used to be my favourite... but i'm not so sure now that the new album came out...
Robby
Sea Post King

i bought room noises, marvy things, laughing city.

but, all I ever listen to is the EP2 from the early days, BECAUSE of Head Against the Sky

not to go off topic, but it seems like eisley has changed their sound since then. I'm not gonna lie, I liked the old sound.
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

Robby wrote:
i bought room noises, marvy things, laughing city.

but, all I ever listen to is the EP2 from the early days, BECAUSE of Head Against the Sky

not to go off topic, but it seems like eisley has changed their sound since then. I'm not gonna lie, I liked the old sound.

The older sound seemed a little bit darker I guess... which I really liked. But I can't say I prefer it because some of the newer songs are great. I mean... Vintage People, Golly Sandra, and My Lovely are wonderful songs. So I gots no complaints. I do miss hearing Over the Mountains live though. I hope it gets played the next time I see the band.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
bts
Golly, Poster

The one song on Room Noises I could do without is telescope eyes. I remember hearing somewhere that they weren't originally going to put it on the album but they had it pushed on them. I hate pushy record labels. I would have liked to see head against the sky on the album, or at least some more new material instead.
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

first of all, yes head against the sky is an incredible song and has a permanent spot on all my playlists. oh and Mr Pine? man i think that is still one of the top 3 best songs they have ever done in my opinion.

bts wrote:
The one song on Room Noises I could do without is telescope eyes. I remember hearing somewhere that they weren't originally going to put it on the album but they had it pushed on them. I hate pushy record labels. I would have liked to see head against the sky on the album, or at least some more new material instead.

for me the thing with telescope eyes is it's been redone so much. I wish it would have just been left in it's original form and, if the label didn't like it, then dropped from the album vs trying to make it work. ..sort of like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

PfR73
Sea Post King

I really wish Mr. Pine had been rerecorded for the album.

On the pushy label subject, at the Parish concert Eisley made it seem like they had been essentially forced to put "Brightly Wound" on the album and when they played it live I agreed that it was a weak song, but when I got the album I thought it was really good as a studio verison.
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

Last edited by loveisachemical on Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Leah8807
Golly, Poster

I really like "Blackened Crown" I dont know why buttheres somting about it that I love. I'd say its my favorite old school Eisley song.
Burnout Kid
Sea Post King

I love Head Against The Sky. I agree that the old sound was more darker and a bit more "harder rock", and I liked that, but I love the new sound, too.
Joined: 14 Jun 2004 | Posts: 264 | Location: Cape Girardeau, MO
M-E-K
Sea Post King

I am listening to it right now Cool Head Against the Sky is my favorite Eisley song Smile
Super_Dave
Golly, Poster

This was one of the songs I got into loving the music of Eisley.

"Speak when you are angry - and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret"

www.purevolume.com/247
Joined: 18 Oct 2004 | Posts: 618 | Location: San Antonio, TX
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
phoenixdown
Vintage Newbie

HATS was the first Eisley song I ever heard.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

It's such an advanced arrangement... To think that Stacy was, what, 11 when they recorded this? Precocious, to say the least. That solo on the bridge... Scrumptious.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
alastica
Sea Post King

I just wanted to bring this thread back to say that man, if it weren't for this song, I don't know if I'd even be listening to Eisley.

So...last year sometime around late winter or early spring, I was getting a ride to school with my brother and he puts on Eisley and plays a couple songs on Room Noises and he seemed pretty into it, but I was just kind of like "uhh...alright.". At that time, I was pretty against bands with female vocalists (aside from Frou Frou and Denali. even they took awhile for me to get into). I don't know if it's just a guy thing or what, but yeah. Then the next day in the car, he puts on 'Head Against The Sky'.
The keys come in and I think it's like...a new Copeland song or something and I'm digging into it. Then Chauntelle comes in and I'm completely blown away. It was one of the best things I had heard in a long time. Then the vocals come in and I'm like..."what? who is this?!". I worshipped that song for a few days and began liking the vocals. So then I started listening to Room Noises on my own, and sure enough, I was really digging all of the songs on the cd. Then soon after that, they turned into one of my favorite bands and have stayed that way for the past year.

Yeah. Just thought I'd share that and also mention that there's something about Mr. Pine that just...hmm. It's hard to explain. It honestly sort of feels like...it's bringing back memories...from another life. It's so crazy. Man, I love Eisley.
Joined: 01 Apr 2006 | Posts: 314 | Location: Greetings From Michigan, The Great Lakes State!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address