Laughing City
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Isn't that unbelievable?
I was trying to do some last minute errands with Sherri, the day of the rehearsal, and the rehearsal dinner, and WHAM!...I got hit with the flu!
Sad
I passed her off to Adam and Chauntelle to help her with her errands, and came home, fell in bed, and laid there crying with 102.5 fever, the night of the missed
rehearsal, and the dinner.
Chad's mom had worked so hard on decorating for the dinner, and I missed the whole thing.
(Oh...this is my blog post about the wedding by the way....and I'm going to see if we can get the repetitive "congrats" threads, all combined into one.)
So anyway...I called Sherri that night, crying my eyes out, missing the first of my kids to get married, pre wedding events, and not knowing if I would make it to the wedding!
I told Sherri, "you guys are getting married, whether I am there or not!"
She was very positive, and said, "mom, you're gonna be there 'cause I'm praying for you to get well."
Well, it worked! I was there, cold sweats, shaky legs, and sick stomach, but no fever.
There are no words to describe how awesome, beautiful, and fairytale the wedding was...just trust me. Smile
Everything was beautiful.
The big shocker for me was at the reception. Christie danced her butt off!
(That didn't take very long since she doesn't...well, nevermind). Embarassed Laughing
But, Christie started dancing just about on the first song, (of course Jessica, and DeAnda of Luvbeat got the party started!) and never stopped until the end. That made me so happy. Smile
I was too sick to dance, but did manage to get the one dance in with my lifelong sweetheart.
Other than that, I was pretty much feeling miserable, but thankful that I was even able to be there.
Hopefully, Boyd will post at least one photo of the event.
Thanks to all of you fans for your love and support of this band, and caring for them personally.
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

christie is a right hiphopper.

looks like it passed from boyd to weston and christie. Laughing
sweeeeet
Golly, Poster

Awwwwwwwww Kim! It's such a pleasure to have your presence here. We love you so much! When Chad and Sherri were about to start their ceremony, I bowed my head and prayed for God to put his arms around them and keep them close to him. I'm sure God really did do that.

Thanks for the wedding update, glad to hear everyone had fun, and I hope you're feeling better.

lazerbith
Sea Post King

yick! what timing!
too much excitement for the ol immune system!
im so glad everything went well otherwise!
thanks for updating.
hopefully you are back to normal now! Smile
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

That's too bad about the flu, but at least nothing went wrong with the wedding. We really appreciate these little updates from you. Smile
Sea Post King

So, does she officially go by Sherri Gilbert for the band or is it still "a band of five DuPrees"
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

superhits wrote:
So, does she officially go by Sherri Gilbert for the band or is it still "a band of five DuPrees"

haven't you heard? she's going solo now that she's not a dupree.
Chris_Mulder
Sea Post King

thesinisterpenguin wrote:
superhits wrote:

haven't you heard? she's going solo now that she's not a dupree.

I heard Chad and Sherri were going to do an album together like Sonny and Cher or Johnny and June Carter Cash. I can't wait to hear their rendition of "I Got You, Babe"

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Aww. I'm glad you got to go. There has been some nasty flu/cold going around for a couple of months now. It seems like it hits almost everyone hard at some point. I'm glad things went so well, too. I hope you're feling good again soon.

P.S. Rock on, Christie!

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

What terrible timing!

Thank God you were well enough to go period! I'm sure it was a wonderful day for them, and a great start to a wonderful life together.

Thanks for the update! Smile
easternglow
Sea Post King

Aww!! Well Im glad you got to go, Kim. This just means you'll have to go all out and be a dancing queen at Chauntelle's wedding Wink
Thank you very much for the update!

AND CONGRATS!! WOOO!!
pollyanna87
Sea Post King

That's terrible getting the flu and all, but I'm so happy that the wedding went so well. That's pretty sweet Christie was rockin' out & all too; there's no time to start dancing like a wedding. Weddings put practically anyone on the dancefloor. Well congrats to your family & good luck cause it's only the beginning of weddings for you guys!
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Get well soon, Kim! The wedding and reception sound lovely. I hope Boyd got some footage of Christie shakin' it. Laughing

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

That is just terrible that you had the flu. I hope you get better soon, Kim! I'm glad to hear that the wedding and reception was fun for everyone, like Christie. Laughing
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Wow, I hope you are feeling better Kim.

I wonder what kind of music you play at a indie/pop punk wedding.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger