Laughing City
mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

isn't interviewing people you admire a lot of fun? when shall we see your stevie nicks interview, stacy?

not sure that she'll see this or not, but hey, the sentiment's the same...

Last edited by mister_joseph on Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

You mean her interview with Stevie? Wink

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Hahah, I wondered what this was about.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Why don't you send her a private message. I think you would have a better chance of getting a reply. She may or may not get to reply there either, but who knows? Or keep reading the journals (Stacy's and Boyd's). I'm sure it will come up there.
mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
Why don't you send her a private message. I think you would have a better chance of getting a reply. She may or may not get to reply there either, but who knows? Or keep reading the journals (Stacy's and Boyd's). I'm sure it will come up there.

why do subjects people choose to post on the board have to meet your approval?

norad
Vintage Newbie

mister_joseph wrote:

It's actually a good idea to PM Stacy if you want her to read it or respond.
mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

patrock wrote:
mister_joseph wrote:

and maybe posts upon a subject on the board might actually lead to the people in the band actually commenting upon them, either in the forum or in their blogs, esp. considering the likelihood of a band member reading a PM is nil?

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

mister_joseph wrote:
patrock wrote:
mister_joseph wrote:

and maybe posts upon a subject on the board might actually lead to the people in the band actually commenting upon them, either in the forum or in their blogs, esp. considering the likelihood of a band member reading a PM is nil?

Oh, Christ. How long has it been since a member of the band, particularly Stacy, has posted on a thread directed at her? Two years? Three? While I see little wrong with this thread, you're still more likely to get your message read if it's in a PM. If you really want it passed onto a band member, send it to Kim. You initially brought up the fact that Stacy might not see it, so why be a jerk to Cubs? Rolling Eyes

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

I never said making the thread was a bad idea. Doing both is better. (And what Hannah said)
mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

Saellys wrote:
mister_joseph wrote:
patrock wrote:
mister_joseph wrote:

Oh, Christ. How long has it been since a member of the band, particularly Stacy, has posted on a thread directed at her? Two years? Three? While I see little wrong with this thread, you're still more likely to get your message read if it's in a PM. If you really want it passed onto a band member, send it to Kim. You initially brought up the fact that Stacy might not see it, so why be a jerk to Cubs? Rolling Eyes

if i really wanted to know the answer, i could get it.

i simply thought (mistakenly, of course) that a mention of this might instigate a response, especially considering that this is something that is of of interest to the band. it's been my experience that asking questions that are pertinent get more responses than do simple fan-boy questions that get asked on a regular basis. after all, musicians are people too, and they like to be treated as such. take an interest in them, they're likely to respond.

norad
Vintage Newbie

mister_joseph wrote:

Then you don't really want to know the answer? Wink
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Like I said, I have no problem with this thread. But Cubs and Nora were giving you solid advice for actually getting a response from Stacy, or at the very least insuring that she reads your message, and neither one of them said anything bad about this thread so there was no need to answer them with spitefulness.

Smokemonster
mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

patrock wrote:
mister_joseph wrote:

Then you don't really want to know the answer? Wink

haha, not really.

i'm just curious, as both a historian and as a writer, as to how it feels for a young musician to sit on the other side of the tape player, as it were. if she were to post here, that's great. if it were merely a blog post, that'd be great, too.

it's more about wanting to gain insight.

mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

Saellys wrote:
Like I said, I have no problem with this thread. But Cubs and Nora were giving you solid advice for actually getting a response from Stacy, or at the very least insuring that she reads your message, and neither one of them said anything bad about this thread so there was no need to answer them with spitefulness.

yes, but at the same time, must every question asked that's directed to the band automatically receive a "SEND A PM" response? that's annoying, and, truth be told, it's also a bit hostile. and it also makes the walls between artist and fan go up a little bit. and might i ask, when a person posts a message, unless it's vulgar or insulting, why should it matter to other people whether or not it's a 'problem'?

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

mister_joseph wrote:
Saellys wrote:

yes, but at the same time, must every question asked that's directed to the band automatically receive a "SEND A PM" response? that's annoying. and it also makes the walls between artist and fan go up a little bit. and might i ask, when a person posts a message, unless it's vulgar or insulting, why should it matter to other people whether or not it's a 'problem'?

Those questions receive a "send a PM" response because sending a PM is the most reliable way to reach the band. I don't find it annoying; it's actually pretty helpful, compared to letting someone's thread languish with no responses for months except for the same person asking "why hasn't Stacy replied?" over and over.

The only person who mentioned "problem" was me, and only in the context of having a personal issue with this thread's existence. Nobody said this thread was a problem; nobody said asking Stacy a question was a problem.

Smokemonster
Last edited by Saellys on Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total

goto page
 | next >>