Laughing City
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

http://www.songmeanings.net/artist.php?aid=8589949295

No doubt it's been posted before, but some of the interpretations are pretty interesting. I have a feeling that most of the songs people try and find "deep" interpretations to don't really have one. But, it's nice to get a different angle than the LC once and a while.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

Some of these are so far off. Like this one about Golly Sandra Laughing

by JennysSeagull on 06-30-2007 @ 08:15:32 PM
I think that Its about her girlfriend, I think Stacy wrote it for one of her brothers love interest named Sandra.

I think the part about being neglecting is true but I disagree with Sandra’s relationship to the writer. I don’t think Sandra is the writers daughter. This is a Love song. She’s been too denying, as in he won’t hang out with Sandra. The bridge is totally where they got it on, “And we’ll got there without stopping.” It’s a double meaning. It could mean to the bridge and it could mean to a climax.

Oh you are my scar… you know how a scar is still kind of numb even after a while and it’s a reminder of your initial fresh wound? Well that’s what she’s saying. The pain of their breakup really isn’t that far off. And usually most mothers don’t think their child is so beautiful it hurts. That’s gross. Well that’s how it makes the most sense to me anyway.

guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

I always thought Golly Sandra was about a parent/child relationship, or a perhaps child/older sibling. but that's what's so great about music, it can be what is most poignant to you.

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jack_stripes
Vintage Newbie

i like songmeanings. it's my preferred mode of lyric viewing. a lot of the interpretations are crazy, but some offer new ideas. i think the eisley songs was the last i've commented on, and those were year ago.

God Bless

rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

It seems like I pay less and less attention to lyrics as I get older. In fact, sometimes I'll comment to Ashleigh, "I really love this song" and she'll inform me "Uhhhh, it's about a serial killer." My response is typically, "huh? Well, the music is good."

I didn't use to be that way. But these days I can't even tell you the names of the tracks on some of my favorite albums.

I'm also slowly beginning to listen to individual tracks as opposed to albums as as whole... thanks to MP3s. That was much harder to do when I only had CD players. It's helped me discover songs I enjoy by artists whose songs I might not typically care for.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number