Laughing City
marshking
Sea Post King

http://baxojayz.blogspot.com/2007/07/prepare-for-eisley-invasion.html

just go down a little ways and there's a review of Combinations and the colored version of this photo:

I'm sorry if this was already posted.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

Stacy's blouse is an absolutely gorgeous color.
That picture should never be in anything but color.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Wow, I didn't learn anything from that review and I wouldn't be surprised if the person who wrote it hasn't even listened to Combinations. Confused

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

I hope Ten Cent Blues isn't too country-infused. Wink
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

treetops12 wrote:

It certainly worked for Golly Sandra.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
mermaidentwinedshrubbery
Sea Post King

Yeah, that "review" wasn't worth the read.
Joined: 10 Jun 2005 | Posts: 192 | Location: Castle Rock, CO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marshking
Sea Post King

Yeah, I was disappointed in the review itself for not even really DISCUSSING the album/songs really, but the picture is a good find!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

marshking wrote:
Yeah, I was disappointed in the review itself for not even really DISCUSSING the album/songs really, but the picture is a good find!

Pretty much. "Blah blah blah there are songs, they play instruments, oh look, a quote from Sherri!" And then there's this sentence: "The lyrics shift effortlessly from romantic to quirky (the first single, “Invasion,” even involves an alien takeover), but always keep the listener fixated on the track at hand." Gosh, it must be awful hard to fixate on a track other than the one you happen to be listening to at that moment. Rolling Eyes

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
treetops12 wrote:

Actually I prefer it acoustic... without the twang.

EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

"... and longtime collaborator George Doering, who added a wealth of left-of-center instrumentation to the proceedings. ..."

Does that mean that in the mixes, all the unusual instrument tracks are going to be panned to the left speaker?!

ARE THEY?!?!!?

TELL ME NNNOOO! TELL ME I'M HORRIBLY, HORRIBLY WRONG!

DAMN IT!!

ZenArtist
Golly, Poster

i still have a problem with most of the beatles vocals being panned to the side. I'm sort of a nut about vocals - I only feel comfortable when they are panned center.
jack_stripes
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
marshking wrote:

Pretty much. "Blah blah blah there are songs, they play instruments, oh look, a quote from Sherri!" And then there's this sentence: "The lyrics shift effortlessly from romantic to quirky (the first single, “Invasion,” even involves an alien takeover), but always keep the listener fixated on the track at hand." Gosh, it must be awful hard to fixate on a track other than the one you happen to be listening to at that moment. Rolling Eyes

hannah, sometimes i wish you didnt have so many opinions....but other times i'm completely okay with it.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

jack_stripes wrote:
Saellys wrote:
marshking wrote:

hannah, sometimes i wish you didnt have so many opinions....but other times i'm completely okay with it.

Which time is this? Very Happy

Smokemonster
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

treetops12 wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:
treetops12 wrote:

I am a staunch supporter of the twang. Eisley is certainly southern, and I'm sure it has influenced them.

Laughing Citizen

treetops12 wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:
treetops12 wrote:

I have to agree with the limited twang. I like the acoustic Golly Sandra as well...that could also be 'cause I don't like having that recorded slide guitar coming out of thin air during a live performance. Wink But yeah, I usually don't like "twang."

Either way, that's their influence so if it is, it is. I thought Many Funerals had a lot of twang before, and now its one of my favorites so.... We'll see in a month!