Laughing City
suvagirl
Sea Post King

Is anyone else wondering why there seems to be no signs of alien activity in the pictures of the Invasion video shoot? It's all woodsy-themed. Are they hiding from aliens in the woods? Or maybe the woods supposed to BE the aliens? (cuz I seem to recall they were made out of planty-like things, right?) Or is it a psychological thriller where they're all wondering who amongst them is an alien?? Do y'all think there's gonna be a surprise sequence at the end where they all get abducted? (These questions, they buuuurn.)

I mean, don't get me wrong, it looks lovely in the pics, it was just totally not what I was expecting! Laughing
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I think it's good to not always take the song too literally in the video. But a lot of abductions do happen in the woods. Wink

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
thebrightestfirefly
Lost at Forum

maybe its computer generated stuff theyll add in later. or maybe theyre just going in a different direction.
guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

suvagirl wrote:
Is anyone else wondering why there seems to be no signs of alien activity in the pictures of the Invasion video shoot? It's all woodsy-themed. Are they hiding from aliens in the woods? Or maybe the woods supposed to BE the aliens? (cuz I seem to recall they were made out of planty-like things, right?) Or is it a psychological thriller where they're all wondering who amongst them is an alien?? Do y'all think there's gonna be a surprise sequence at the end where they all get abducted? (These questions, they buuuurn.)

I mean, don't get me wrong, it looks lovely in the pics, it was just totally not what I was expecting! Laughing

Well, one also has to wonder what kind of aliens we're talking about. They do live in Texas, after all.

Mims
Golly, Poster

guitarfreak217 wrote:
suvagirl wrote:

Well, one also has to wonder what kind of aliens we're talking about. They do live in Texas, after all.

The water Mexicans will try to steal Sherri while she standing in the lake they call home?
Joined: 03 Jun 2006 | Posts: 617 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida
marshking
Sea Post King

This is just my input on what I think could be a possibility based upon the pictures:

Stacy is running away frantically (unless she just posed like that on purpose).

The other siblings appear to be zombie/alien like.

Have any of you guys seen Invasion of the Body Snatchers? It never actually SHOWS aliens, because let's face it... aliens can tend to look corny, especially if they aren't made by a huge film company (i.e. Alien vs Predator type stuff) so it might be a little unrealistic and cheesy to actually have "aliens" in the video.

Now, to actually go along with the SONG LYRICS, it would make sense to have the aliens inhabit the humans bodies... like live vicariously in the human's bodies. That's how it is in the movie, and I'm assuming the book.

"body snatchers"

that's just my input.

Maybe Stacy is the only one left at one point who hasn't been 'invaded' and she's running for dear life. I'm SO EXCITED about this!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mims
Golly, Poster

marshking wrote:
This is just my input on what I think could be a possibility based upon the pictures:

Have any of you guys seen Invasion of the Body Snatchers? It never actually SHOWS aliens, because let's face it... aliens can tend to look corny, especially if they aren't made by a huge film company (i.e. Alien vs Predator type stuff) so it might be a little unrealistic and cheesy to actually have "aliens" in the video.

Now, to actually go along with the SONG LYRICS, it would make sense to have the aliens inhabit the humans bodies... like live vicariously in the human's bodies. That's how it is in the movie, and I'm assuming the book.

"body snatchers"

that's just my input.

Maybe Stacy is the only one left at one point who hasn't been 'invaded' and she's running for dear life. I'm SO EXCITED about this!

That description at the end is very much like the plot of the book and makes a lot of sense. Any general feeling of trying to escape would be appropriate for the video.
Joined: 03 Jun 2006 | Posts: 617 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida
marshking
Sea Post King

Mims wrote:
marshking wrote:

"body snatchers"

that's just my input.

That description at the end is very much like the plot of the book and makes a lot of sense. Any general feeling of trying to escape would be appropriate for the video.

Yeah that was pretty much how the movie was... I know that at this point anyone's guesses based upon a few pictures are silly and pointless, but if things did come out the way they seem (with Stacy running from he invaded relatives), then that will be pretty cool.

I mean... look how evil Sherri, Chauntelle, and Weston look in that one picture. And the whole "I startled Stacy... don't be so dramatic!" thing or whatever was (hopefully) obviously sarcasm/a joke. We'll see!!!

sooo excited.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
oliez
Vintage Newbie

then again this is just the "viral" version of the video. from what I understand there will be a bigger video shot later on.
suvagirl
Sea Post King

Quote:

Oooh I agree, that makes a lot of sense now that I think about it! The running away, the possessed siblings, I can SO see it!

(...I still kinda wanted to see some actual aliens though. THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!) Laughing
crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

guitarfreak217 wrote:

hahaha Laughing
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Stacy on stilts with a giant dress is way cooler than aliens.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
Stacy on stilts with a giant dress is way cooler than aliens.

They totally stole that from The Smashing Pumpkins' Stand Inside Your Love video. Good thing I always liked the visual. Smile

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I hope it's a ladder, actually. Though it would be crazy awesome if Stacy can walk on stilts.

Of Montreal had a very similar setup where Kevin Barnes would step onto a ladder, and they'd pull a dress down over it, so he was like 10 feet tall or whatever.

Here's a bad stitch I took at their Dallas show:

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sea legs
Vintage Newbie

I just hope there are crop circles...

virb
Joined: 28 Sep 2005 | Posts: 2290 | Location: Missouri loves me.

goto page
 | next >>