Laughing City
pzy
Wookie Luke

Filter gets the honor of revealing the final tracklist, and getting a first look/impression of the album:

http://blog.filter-mag.com/filter/2007/06/1st_impressions.html

Quote:
1. Many Funerals [2:45] A dirty bass line and a memorable guitar riff.

2. Invasion [3:30] Upbeat number with a nice "yooooOOOOOuuuuu" vocal hook [Key Track]

3. Taking Control [3:00] The most immediate chorus on the album.

4. Go Away [3:00] The first slower track on the album: "go away / go away / and leave me on my own."

5. I Could Be There For You [3:30] A building piano ballad with choir-like backing vocals.

6. Come Clean [3:30] Mandolin and harp-like sounds with a choir vocal outro ("Would you come clean / All around me"), followed by the sound of children playing. Sounds a bit like The Sundays. [Key Track]

7. Ten Cent Blues [4:00] An interesting mid-tempo number with a rootsy guitar-riff and hammond organ. [Key Track]

8. A Sight To Behold [3:00] Thundering drums and aggressive guitars.

9. Combinations [3:30] A low-key number backed almost exclusively by harp, with muted horns in the outro.

10. If You're Wondering [3:50] A gentle track with music-box twinkles.

Conclusion:

Each song mightily distinguishes itself, and with nearly every track being up-beat and short it's an album that can be enjoyed all in one sitting.

(let the dissecting begin)

sleepydusk
Sea Post King

I'm so excited!
I'm sad about the lack of Like the Actors though. Maybe it'll be on the UK version.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

I love all that i've heard on this album but ICBTFY and Come Clean are the ones I find myself singing the most.
Last edited by crazeemunkeyz on Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
marshking
Sea Post King

MKD better be a bonus/UK track/whatever.

Oh I'm excited about these songs I'd never heard of before, though!

PS: Jamie! Now you can actually discuss this tracklisting you've known for a while ._. haha

Last edited by marshking on Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
norad
Vintage Newbie

Oh boy!
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Sweet!

Relief! Especially since time was not treating my memory of the order well.

I have to say ... my favorites are: Many Funerals, Invasion, I Could Be There For You, Come Clean, Ten Cent Blues and A Sight to Behold. This was just upon first listen, though. I could tell Combinations (the song) is going to be one of those songs that hook me after a few listens (a la Midlake's latest album, which I would marry if it were a woman). I didn't hear the last song, for the record. So I can't comment. And the rest of the tracks are great, too. I basically am in love with all of it. So fulfilling, so exciting. So right.

But I don't want to reveal anymore, since I'm not really sure how much I should/can reveal. And I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, either. I just want everyone to know how freaking good it is. ha

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

NO MARSH KING'S DAUCHTER OR LIKE THE ACTORS? THEIR LAST ALBUM WAS ABLE TO HOLD 12 SONGS, WHY NOT THIS ONE?
drenchedecent
Sea Post King

I am excited, but I wish it was longer. I would give anything for a 5+ minute Eisley song on an LP just to mix things up.
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Sweet and Sour Chicken! i'm so excited!!!!

(i do however think "A Sight to Behold" is "Causing a Scene", there's a chance that it's not, but in Cause a Scene, it says, "we are a sight to behold")...

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

What no telescope eyes or many funerals reggae remix?

Wink
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

vintage_snowflake wrote:
NO MARSH KING'S DAUCHTER OR LIKE THE ACTORS? THEIR LAST ALBUM WAS ABLE TO HOLD 12 SONGS, WHY NOT THIS ONE?

I wish Like the Actors was on the album too.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
norad
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:
vintage_snowflake wrote:

I wish Like the Actors was on the album too.

They might be bonus tracks.
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

now i really want to just pre-order it from the UK to get Marsh King's Daughter and Like the Actors...

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

vintage_snowflake wrote:

Because they felt the album worked right with 10 songs. They would have been forcing two songs into it that didn't fit. Albums are strange beasts, and you have to go with what you feel is right as an artist. And yeah, I'm very sure we'll hear those two songs with time.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

TheAntrider wrote:
vintage_snowflake wrote:

Because they felt the album worked right with 10 songs. They would have been forcing two songs into it that didn't fit. Albums are strange beasts, and you have to go with what you feel is right as an artist. And yeah, I'm very sure we'll hear those two songs with time.

All right, all right, you win. I knew that really, but in this day and age its very hard to find an album made NOW that is meant to be listeneed to all the way thru; it's not like those vinyl records where you had too.

P.S. Why couldn't we get the news from boyd?