Laughing City
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

I live in San Antonio and am trying to decide which show to catch on the acoustic tour.
Do any of y'all have input about the Parish, the Meridian, or HouseOB?
I've never been to any of them and want to make the most "informed" decision I can, as I have to go in my wheelchair for Standing Room Only concerts.
HOB has seats, right? (I mean ones that are there on purpose, not like "oh, we're obeying the law by putting this here but you cant see ANYTHING") I've heard that the Meridian is kind of gross and smoky. the Parish site says it has the best live indoor sound in Texas. So...I don't know what to think...and Dallas tix go on sale in the morning!
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I liked the Parish, but I remember a giant staircase to get in ... but I'd hope they'd have an elevator. I can't stand House of Blues anywhere, but they seemed to pay close attention to access at the one I've been to. (Probably since they have more money for that.) They were trying to fling beer everywhere it would go, though (six bars!). I did stand/sit in back in Hollywood and the view seemed all right from what I remember.

I'm trying to remember if I've been to the Meredian... Which probably doesn't help you any. Actually, I dunno if any of this helps ... But I hope someone is more helpful. Confused

P.S. If you do go to Dallas, that would be cool, because it seems like there'll be a good crowd there, including myself. ha.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

the parish sounds good, i can hop out of my chair to do stairs. ill just have to find out if ill be stuck in the front where the sound sucks craning my neck. Razz
do you know what their photography/vid policy is?
Kit
Sea Post King

princesstripandfall wrote:
I live in San Antonio and am trying to decide which show to catch on the acoustic tour.
Do any of y'all have input about the Parish, the Meridian, or HouseOB?
I've never been to any of them and want to make the most "informed" decision I can, as I have to go in my wheelchair for Standing Room Only concerts.
HOB has seats, right? (I mean ones that are there on purpose, not like "oh, we're obeying the law by putting this here but you cant see ANYTHING") I've heard that the Meridian is kind of gross and smoky. the Parish site says it has the best live indoor sound in Texas. So...I don't know what to think...and Dallas tix go on sale in the morning!

I have lived in both Austin and Houston. The Meridian is on the outskirts of downtown Houston, so it's not in the best area of town, but it's a good venue. There's ample space to move around depending which part of the venue the band plays. I saw Eisley there once and they played in the smaller room. That was early 2005. The Parish is OK too. Haven't been there in a while. That one wasn't as spacious.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I got to shoot pictures at the Parish. It was really hard for me to get close ... actually, I didn't even bother taking pictures of Eisley now that I think about it. It was just too hard for me to find a spot, and the lighting wasn't worth the fight. Though I did get a few Pilotdrift pictures there. Maybe they've worked on that, though. That was about 2 years ago.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ecouter
Vintage Newbie

I've only been to one of those, but I like the Parish!
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

i think i might get HOB tickets since the presale is tomorrow, just in case that works out. if not, i can sell 'em on Ebay.

Waiting to hear back from meridian and parish about "arrangments" for my nifty lighted wheels.
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

The Meridian is so-so. It's in-between a classy venue and a rockin' venue (?) I'd say. If that makes sense.
Lost at Forum

the parish has really great sound I would go there.
parrishdup
Sea Post King

Of the texas choices I would definitely go with the parish. I don't like HOB and am not a fan of the meridian either. Although, I know that they will be playing in the small room at the meridian and I like the sound better than the big room.

Plus, in Austin you have a good all around atmosphere and you are lucky that it is the closest to you.

There you have my 2 cents Smile

Meggers
Vintage Newbie

Dallas HOB doesn't allow cameras. If they catch you with a camera, you have to pay $2.50 for them to hold it. On the upside, if you eat there before the show, you can bypass the line and go in before everyone else. I've only had lunch and dinner there, but I really didn't like how security was treating people.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Oh yuck, I forgot about HOB camera rules. Good luck seeing any pictures from the Dallas acoustic show. Neutral

Meggers
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
Oh yuck, I forgot about HOB camera rules. Good luck seeing any pictures from the Dallas acoustic show. Neutral

One of my friends managed to sneak in a camera, but she wasn't able to get too many pictures. I wonder if Boyd or anyone in Eisley's management could convince the venue to let cameras be used that night.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Meggers wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

One of my friends managed to sneak in a camera, but she wasn't able to get too many pictures. I wonder if Boyd or anyone in Eisley's management could convince the venue to let cameras be used that night.

I hope, but the only way to get cameras in at the Hollywood (headlining) show was to have a media pass. Even Boyd was powerless against the Evil HOB. I'm going to see what I can do, though. But if it's like any other shows there, it's going to be pointless. Confused

Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

Out of the Parish and the Meridian, the Parish is best i think. Both the Meridian and the Parish have stairs to climb. But you could probably go up in their gear lift thingys. Smile

TheAntrider wrote:
I'm trying to remember if I've been to the Meredian...

you have. You were there for the Snow Patrol show.