Laughing City
ync
Golly, Poster

Saellys wrote:
ync wrote:
national phenomenon wrote:
There's a "Many Funerals" clip,too. I really want to hear the whole song! It's so lovely!

well...there's a whole bunch of live performances of it Razz

i really can't wait to hear "i could be there for you"
and ..i dunno what it's called but they play a clip of it on their happy new year video of their hopes and dreams and it's like "come on come on let's take a chance now we could fall in love."

The live recordings are not the same. I've heard "Many Funerals" live a bunch of times, but I can't wait to hear the whole album version either... the preview sounds just perfect.

The song from the New Year's video was "Marsh King's Daughter" and it won't be on the album.

haha, no they're not...but they're better than nothing :/
but there's gonna be a cut track of marsh king's daugther
i can look forward to that at least =D

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

many funerals sounds GREAT, and I don't even really like that song. Stacy's voice on ASTB is ammmmazing. It's so mellow sounding. Makes my heart happy
Catey
Lost at Forum

Ugh it is so unfair of them to do this. It's like hanging a big slab of meat infront of a lion and then quickly taking it away.

I want to hear a snip of ICBTFY so much now.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
sleepydusk
Sea Post King

thank you so much for posting, I never go to their myspace!
I'm so in love with the song! It's like 400 times better than Invasion which was already great!

edit: oh wow I didn't realize Many Funerals was on that too! I couldn't be happier! I can't stop using exclamation points!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

Uh, when you've that crap demo this is awesome! I LOVE that Stacy is singing it. Well...the part we heard.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Catey wrote:
Ugh it is so unfair of them to do this. It's like hanging a big slab of meat infront of a lion and then quickly taking it away.

To do what? Upload one minute clips to their Myspace rather than the whole song? That's not unfair. That's their right and it's better than getting nothing at all.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

This is so much better than the demo ever let me hope for. It's a little slower than I imagined, but Stacy sounds incredible; her voice is so gorgeous and powerful. Many Funerals is wonderful, too. I always loved that song
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
Uh, when you've that crap demo this is awesome! I LOVE that Stacy is singing it. Well...the part we heard.

Agreed. Stacy owns it.

norad
Vintage Newbie

treetops12 wrote:
patrock wrote:

Agreed. Stacy owns it.

She be ownin' up Combinations.
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

see if they play this in London? I'm SO going to rave throughout it!

Just kidding. Maybe.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

What an absolutely surprising record from Eisley. I think I'll be pleased with it, it's just kind of... a rock album, haha.
Kind of dark, though. But I can't wait to hear the horn section stuff on the other songs!

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

hisownshot wrote:
What an absolutely surprising record from Eisley. I think I'll be pleased with it, it's just kind of... a rock album, haha.

It totally is. Still very Eisley, though (just for anyone who might be worried) ... there's something else on there that I think you especially might like.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
hisownshot wrote:

It totally is. Still very Eisley, though (just for anyone who might be worried) ... there's something else on there that I think you especially might like.

Oooh now I'm curious, once the albums out you better tell me what it is that we especially might like.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

hisownshot wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
hisownshot wrote:

Oooh now I'm curious, once the albums out you better tell me what it is that we especially might like.

I meant you in specific. I even thought of you when I heard it. ha

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
hisownshot wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
hisownshot wrote:

I meant you in specific. I even thought of you when I heard it. Laughing

HAHA oh wow well once the album is out you better tell me what it is that I especially will like. Ahh August is so far... Silverchair and Eisley. I haven't purchased a single 2007 release this year, and I think those two are the only ones I will.