Laughing City
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

Hey everyone, its been a while. I went to the Atlanta show last night at the Hi-fi Buys amphitheater. It was a pretty good show, Eisley, Gomez, and The Fray make for one pretty solid ticket and enjoyable concert experience.

I haven't seen Eisley live in 26 months so it was good seeing them again on stage. Overall a very solid performance although it seemed rushed. Of course when you open you don't have much time for chit-chat.

There was some interesting chit-chat as there were some obnoxious guys in the front row you yelled out "I could be there for you!" when Sherri introduced the song of the same name. That prompted Sherri afterwards to annouce that Stacy was single and enjoyed things such as reading, listening to music, etc. Stacy quickly changed the subject to ask the audience who there was excited about the new Harry Potter movie being released tomorrow. Sherri also channeled her inner Donald Trump as she threw out a "You're Fired!" to Chauntelle after she kept making all these cracking noises with her guitar. I also found it humorous how Weston was practically offstage during the concert. Being this was the first show that Gomez was playing after them, I don't think Sherri expected Weston and his drum kit to be behind one of Gomez's huge amps. Sherri commented a couple of times how she couldn't see her drummer at all.

Not sure the exact arrangement of the set list, but it seemed to be the same as the previous night in Nashville. They played Memories, Get Up Again, Invasion, Go Away, Marvelous Things, Combinations, and Many Funerals.

Again, a very good set! If you're debating whether you should check them out on this tour, I advise that you do.

One last observation, the show wasn't anywhere near to being sold out. In fact a lot of the people with lawn seats were offered seats in the pavilion since there were so many unsold. Also, the pit wasn't nearly as packed as it could have been. If you have the means, pit tickets should be pretty obtainable. What's more, its not hard at all to get front row. I arrived only 30 minutes before the show started and got a spot front row, right between Stacy and Sherri.

Here are some pics below:

Is Weston's mustache real?

wersindwir
Sea Post King

Thanks.

Was Garron playing a keyboard during one of the songs?
Joined: 06 Apr 2006 | Posts: 87 | Location: The Woodlands, Texas
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Whoa, hey! Good to see you around. Thanks for the review and pics. I wonder if I can get my camera in yet ... Must place a call closer to the show. Definitely. Of course, I have a seat way back. Confused

Whoa, Garron on keys?! Sweet.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

Yes he was. I can't say for sure which song though, I'm sure Boyd could enlighten us or someone attend future show who is watching for it. As far as cameras, I know the policy is usually venue driven, but I don't think The Fray has a problem with it. Everyone was taking pics with digital cameras and security didn't even give us a dirty look. Also, the Fray was taking polaroids and throwing them into the audience. Kind of funny.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Sweet, good to know. Thanks.

I'd bet he plays keys on Combinations.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
superhits
Sea Post King

Is the bottom of Sherri's hair blue? Shocked Or maybe that was just the lighting.
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

TheAntrider wrote:
Sweet, good to know. Thanks.

I'd bet he plays keys on Combinations.

That's what I was thinking, but wasn't sure. Thanks.

superhits wrote:
Is the bottom of Sherri's hair blue? Shocked Or maybe that was just the lighting.

It is blue! Not so much the top as underneath her hair. I don't know how to explain it either, but you know how Sherri likes to mix things up when it comes to her hair.
Kappa962
I LIKE KNOBS, FADERS

wersindwir wrote:
Thanks.

Not keyboard, marxophone. We haven't had proper time to soundcheck it, so it has been sounding kinda so-so lately. It normally sounds amazing. Still working on it.
-Mark
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

Kappa962 wrote:
wersindwir wrote:
Thanks.

Not keyboard, marxophone. We haven't had proper time to soundcheck it, so it has been sounding kinda so-so lately. It normally sounds amazing. Still working on it.
-Mark

Well there you go, a Marxophone, I should have known! Rolling Eyes Laughing Thanks Mark.
LadyJaneGrey
Sea Post King

superhits wrote:

I was going to ask the same thing. How exciting! It amazes me that their hair seems to still look good even after all the dye. Smile

Catey
Lost at Forum

So is Stacy gonig to be standing from now on? I thought it was just a one off for the SXSW shows.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Catey wrote:
So is Stacy gonig to be standing from now on? I thought it was just a one off for the SXSW shows.

I'm pretty sure it's going to stick. I think the only reason she started started sitting in the first place was because she got too tall for the legs on the Rhodes. But now that the legs on her keyboards are probably adjustable, it's not an issue anymore.

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Garron probably played it on Come Clean, since it sounds like a mandolin, that's SO cool, ah man...

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
fragileaswelie
Sea Post King

is it just me or is their attire shocking after seeing them in fancy cool clothes in the promo pix.
If they're trying to improve their show they need to dress for the stage, look like they mean business!!

Back in the day Eisley commented on my myspace with the following:
'Somebody is sure you love
"the cat's pajama's".

thanks for everything no
matter what that means Smile'

@fragileaswelie
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

alexmac1990 wrote:
is it just me or is their attire shocking after seeing them in fancy cool clothes in the promo pix.
If they're trying to improve their show they need to dress for the stage, look like they mean business!!

Casual dress is the way to go. The stuff they wore in the promo pics was cool, but a lot of it looked like it would be very uncomfortable to play in, especially once they start getting out on their own tours and are playing longer sets.