Laughing City
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I know we can't all go to the Houston Fray show, but I think we should try to meet up maybe an hour or two before (or more?). That way even those of us who can't go can still hang out and chat a little. And some of us who haven't met yet can meet ... and it shoudl just be fun in general. Right?

I'm told there's a mall across the street from the venue. So maybe we should meet at a Starbucks. Anyone who knows the area have a suggestion?

I think this could be really fun. Very Happy

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

Yep, if the weather's okay I'll totally drive out there Very Happy

I'll try to ask someone more familiar with the area what is the easiest/closest Starbucks to find, since there are probably like 3 in that area alone.

Oh and also we need a time frame. 5ish?
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

5 sounds like it should be good. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ZenArtist
Golly, Poster

where are the woodlands again? are there still tix? i heard they were like 30 bux. thats a bit much.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Yeah, the Woodlands, and the tickets are grossly overpriced. ha.

HOWEVER

I'm hoping this meetup can be for people who still want to hang out in spite of not wanting to go to the show. It'd be an hour or two of hanging out, so it hopefully won't be a waste to hang out before the show even if most of the meeters might not be going. And then maybe everyone will know each other for the acoustic show. (Even though I likely won't get to go to that one. ha)

ZenArtist
Golly, Poster

no i said, where are the woodlands again? cause i've never been there. is it like two hours west of houston or something? thats a bit far to go even though i'd love to meet the other lcs. I'm on the SW side, near the civic center where they performed with switchfoot, which brings back the memory of Boyd singing "I dare you to move" when I met him.

can you tell me if its still possible to get tix...i searched ticketmaster but nothing showed up for the 13th...poo.

as eisley gets more popular its going to be harder to go to their shows...first of all i don't really want to see the fray, i just want to see eisley. better hop on those acoutic tix. Oh well i've already seen them twice which is makes me...well I can't be any percentage luckier than people who have never seen them, but i'm def 200% luckier than people who have seen them once.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

ZenArtist wrote:
no i said, where are the woodlands again? cause i've never been there. is it like two hours west of houston or something? thats a bit far to go even though i'd love to meet the other lcs. I'm on the SW side, near the civic center where they performed with switchfoot, which brings back the memory of Boyd singing "I dare you to move" when I met him.

can you tell me if its still possible to get tix...i searched ticketmaster but nothing showed up for the 13th...poo.

as eisley gets more popular its going to be harder to go to their shows...first of all i don't really want to see the fray, i just want to see eisley. better hop on those acoutic tix. Oh well i've already seen them twice which is makes me...well I can't be any percentage luckier than people who have never seen them, but i'm def 200% luckier than people who have seen them once.

Ohh, sorry about that. I think the Woodlands are a bit northwest? A local will have to answer that one. Tickets are still available through Ticketmaster last I saw, too. But you have to search for The Fray to find them.

This is that one of only a small number of big tours they've been on, though. So the next few tours should be more accessible. This is just one of those big ones that's a bit reckless to turn down. Just about 10 shows to get the exposure of what a full tour of their own might achieve. For every Fray/NFG/Coldplay tour, there are 2 or 3 other tours that are easier to get to. I expect that to continue.

leighish
Vintage Newbie

I'd naturally suggest star pizza but jamie doesn't feel confidant enough to drive for the best pizza in the world Rolling Eyes

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

leighish wrote:
I'd naturally suggest star pizza but jamie doesn't feel confidant enough to drive for the best pizza in the world Rolling Eyes

Ha. Well, I won't be driving since I'm going with my mom to visit my uncle before/after. My uncle lives literally in the middle of nowhere, so I'd get lost without a doubt if I were on my own. There aren't even roads!

leighish
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
leighish wrote:

Ha. Well, I won't be driving since I'm going with my mom to visit my uncle before/after. My uncle lives literally in the middle of nowhere, so I'd get lost without a doubt if I were on my own. There aren't even roads!

uh huh.

Wink

we'll see what the schedule looks like that day but I'm sure I'm off work by 11am anyway.

theantrider wrote:
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Woo! If you and Rizob show up, it's gonna be a par-tay.

Alessandra
Sea Post King

The Woodlands is about 45 minutes northwest of downtown Houston. And it is right by The Woodlands mall. Basically just take 45 north and exit at Woodlands Parkway. It's pretty easy. Unfortunately I can't come because I'm in Pittsburgh or else I'd be there...

Here it is on Yahoomaps.... I hope this works...
http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&trf=0&lon=-95.448639&lat=30.153458&mag=3& env=F

Vintage Newbie

leighish wrote:

Star Pizza is fab!

Protocol Droid

leighish wrote:

Actually, if I were to get a ride from the venu, I theoretically could go anywhere. As long as I made it back to the venue in time.

leighish
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
leighish wrote:

Actually, if I were to get a ride from the venu, I theoretically could go anywhere. As long as I made it back to the venue in time.

roberts concern with this is that going to star pizza for dinner would be virtually impossible especially with traffic going back into the woodlands. Are you staying for the whole show or just eisley's set?

theantrider wrote: