Laughing City
markr
Lost at Forum

last night there were a group of folks that drove all the way from baltimore maryland to memphis to see eisley , thats at least 75o miles probably further
juan
Lost at Forum

that is harcore that is. If we drove this far over here, we'd probably be drowning in the English Channel somehwere. or theoretically its like me driving to half way down france to see the band. Thats not hardcore, thats lunacy! Laughing

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

Ash and I drove from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (Canada) to New York City catching Eisley 3 times along the way (Minneapolis, Cleveland, Toronto). That's almost 3,400 km one-way.

Seeing the band was only part of the reason. Sometimes it's just fun to take a road trip. Spending 8 or more hours on the road was tough, but it was cool to see the country by car. Seeing Eisley and Pilotdrift was an added bonus.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
giant_
Laughing Citizen

Last year I flew 465 or so miles to see the band play in Arizona for the Final Noise tour. Not as hardcore but still... People will do crazy things to see the E.
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

... and I thought Edinburgh to Oxford was crazy! (8 hours by train).

Actually, so did the band, so they gave us a bunch of stuff.
Very Happy

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
redrubberball
Sea Post King

I believe I have you all beat; I drove 35 miles in Atlanta traffic to see Eisley. Wink
markr
Lost at Forum

redrubberball wrote:
I believe I have you all beat; I drove 35 miles in Atlanta traffic to see Eisley. Wink
brave soul you are , im really stressed when i drive in atlanta
manyfunerals
Sea Post King

i live in maryland, too. and i asked my dad if he would ever drive from here to memphis and he gave me a dirty look. and my dad is willing to drive a lot of places, so even for him, that's too far.
elfnogg
Sea Post King

That is hard core. Much love and respect for people that into a band. I can't say I drove a long way. But I did totally skip this months rent and drove 60 miles on a quarter of a tank of gas with only a ten dollar bill in my pocket to see them. I'll probably lose my home next week but watching them play and meeting them in person was well worth it to me. It's amazing how a band's music can bring out the free spirit in us sometimes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

We're moving to Kansas within a month and I'm thinking about making the Dallas acoustic (House of Blues) show. I don't see how I could miss it and feel like a complete and fulfilled human being.
Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

elfnogg wrote:
It's amazing how a band's music can bring out the free spirit in us sometimes.

Right on, brotha / sista.

elfnogg
Sea Post King

Girlylikepixieflamethrow wrote:
elfnogg wrote:
It's amazing how a band's music can bring out the free spirit in us sometimes.

Right on, brotha / sista.

I'm a brotha... i guess.. you can just call me soup
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr.P
Sea Post King

redrubberball wrote:

bummer, I only drove 6hrs from North Carolina to enjoy the privlege of driving in Atlanta, thank goodness Eisley was there.
pollyanna87
Sea Post King

That's really awesome & that definitely showed their love. Although it kind of makes me feel like I'm not a worthy fan... coming from PA I was thinking about taking an Eisley roadtrip, but books for summer classes killed my budget. Sad So I'm just looking forward to the album instead. Mad I was reeeallly realllly hoping I'd see them this summer.... being around on LC makes me feel like I'm the only person not going to one of the shows. Anyone else NOT getting to an Eisley show this summer?