Laughing City
comeclean
Sea Post King

This was my first time to see Eisley. I really only went for them, but my sister loves The Fray so that was my ticket to convincing her to take me. But, I am converting her.. I played the live version of Go Away and she learned the words and really likes it, so she was prepared for it at the concert.

They played 7 songs I think, starting with Memories. I had been waiting to hear Combinations, but they didn't play it. They played Come Clean instead, and WOW, it was really really good. They also played I Could Be There For You, Many Funerals, Invasion, Marvelous Things, Go Away, Taking Control. That's not in order, because I can't remember anymore. I just know that Memories was first and Many Funerals was last.

I was a little disappointed at the lack of merch, only 3 shirts and then the cd. But, the shirts are really nice and I got the blue one and the gray one. I will take a picture of them later if anyone is interested in seeing what they look like. I also finally bought Room Noises. I have the Laughing City EP and Marvelous Things. I'm glad I got it, because they signed the booklet picture for me.

Come Clean and Go Away are by far my favorite new songs, and I really love ICBTFY too but I think that's mostly because of Chauntelle's bridge part. It was so good! When I met her I told her how good she did, and she was so sweet, and told me that she was really nervous about doing it.

I also got a picture with Adam from TBS. He was just walking around the place and I couldn't resist, I asked if I could take a picture, and he was like, I can take one for us, I have long arms. So I have that, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to post it, because of the fact that I'm in it xD

The ones of them on stage are a little fuzzy because I was zooming in. But, I was okay with fuzzy because at least they were more than just a speck. I was in the seats, and it wasn't that far, but it still seemed like it was.

I have a few more I may edit in later, but that was my first Eisley show experience. I've ALMOST convinced my sister to take me to see the acoustic show at the Meredian.
Joined: 14 Jul 2007 | Posts: 155 | Location: Houston, Texas
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

Wow, that's an awesome show to be your first show. The sound was so good for me at least, hope it was for you too. And welcome to the forum. Smile
crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

I was mad that they didn't play combinations but it was because the marxophone was giving too much feedback. i enjoyed to show.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Depressing to see what spot I could have had to take pictures. Sad

Ok, I'm over it now. ha.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

ah, i love their sign, it's so cool...

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

Wow! You got some great shots there! What a great show last night. They look so stylin' (haha, as always) and Weston and Garron, woo! My hubby got WESTON to sign his Cure shirt... Weston was like, "just me?... okk..." Awesome.

Last edited by Girlylikepixieflamethrow on Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:18 am; edited 2 times in total
oliez
Vintage Newbie

that banner is amazing.
ZenArtist
Golly, Poster

Girlylikepixieflamethrow wrote:
Wow! You got some great shots there! What a great show last night. They look so stylin' (haha, as always) and Weston and Garron, woo! My hubby got WESTON to sign his Cure shirt... Weston was like, "just me?... okk..." Awesome.

i totally don't get it...but whatever makes you happy!
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

That banner is awesome. Smile
comeclean
Sea Post King

Unregistered wrote:
Wow, that's an awesome show to be your first show. The sound was so good for me at least, hope it was for you too. And welcome to the forum. Smile

Oh, it definitely was. And thanks Very Happy
Joined: 14 Jul 2007 | Posts: 155 | Location: Houston, Texas
Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

ZenArtist wrote:
Girlylikepixieflamethrow wrote:

i totally don't get it...but whatever makes you happy!

Well... you'd have to be us to get it. We're too cool for understanding.
J/K. Rolling Eyes

ZenArtist
Golly, Poster

btw i love the cure