Laughing City
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

I think the text of the article is good...but the person who put it together was having an off day. Still good to see it there, though.

edit- I resized it so it hopefully looks better. and reading on, there is a full page ad for Combinations, which is sweet.

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
Last edited by guitargirl on Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Yeah, the layout person missed by a person or two on the picture ... ha. But cool otherwise. Thanks for sharing!

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

August 21. Hrmmm.
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

JBaker wrote:
August 21. Hrmmm.

I just checked the New Releases section in AP and it lists the album as coming out on the 21st, and names it "Connections."

Laughing

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
norad
Vintage Newbie

Stacy looks a lot like Chauntelle in that photo!

Someone should tell them they got a lot of info wrong. Sometimes they write their corrections in the next issue.
redrubberball
Sea Post King

Wow!! AP sucks!! That is a picture of Chauntelle! Not Stacy! I mean, is it really that hard to get things right and check your facts?
Last edited by redrubberball on Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
norad
Vintage Newbie

redrubberball wrote:
Wow!! AP sucks!! That is a picture of Chauntelle! Not Stacy! I mean, is it really that hard to get things right and check your facts?

Well, I guess it can be. When you have a whole magazine to put together and the DuPrees can look similar at times (not like they do in that photo though). So, I'm not that surprised.
redrubberball
Sea Post King

It's a magazine. It's what they do, their profession. They have people whose only purpose is to check these things. But I know I came off as really harsh, though. And you're right, people do have off days(hello! Number one right here!). I guess I just expected more, that's all. Anyway, hooray for Eisley for being in AP!!!
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

redrubberball wrote:

Speaking as a former designer in publications (newspapers in my case), I can say that it really is that hard to do things sometimes. ha. Those things are afterthoughts, and Eisley isn't exactly well known yet. It's an error that should not have been made, but it happens in spite of the best intentions, and even under the watch of the best people.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

It was a sidebar, not a cover story. That isn't really the most pressing part of each issue.

I used to work in an advertising agency, and when we were getting ready to send out some direct mail no less than five pairs of eyes (including my own, and those of a professional copywriter) poured over each postcard at least three separate times. They were pronounced ready and went to print, and only when we got them back from the printers did we discover that the webpage we were advertising had one W too many in the "www" part. It happens.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Glad to know I'm not the only weirdo who talks to my pets on the phone. Wink
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

I read the whole thing thinking it was Chauntelle talking. Laughing
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

I know we went through this but....

Man.... I can understand getting the ages wrong or even a spelling of the names like a lot of the recent articles have. But there's definitely more than one mistake there....

It seems like if you are going to make the effort to put a picture with just one person, you would check that or something. Not like they should know who is who, but then might as well put the full group if you didn't know/care to check. Razz
PaperFortune
Sea Post King

AP messes up all the time. Their article on Envy on the Coast is COMPLETELY screwed up. They got names and roles in the band all wrong. Oh well, as long as we know!
Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

Hmm... I was disappointed also with NYLON's article on Eisley from June/July 07... it was just bunkish.