Laughing City
Jared x
Lost at Forum

Hey, so I was looking around on the internet, and I found a version of Brightly Wound that I'd never heard before. I thought that song was only released on Room Noises though.. The chorus is slightly different, and there's a small portion toward the end of the song that I absolutely love (it's in my sig now; I think that's what the lyrics are...could be wrong). The only Eisley songs I had prior to this were the ones I could download off of OGG, iTunes, and those that came on CDs...so I'm just wondering where this one fits in.
Last edited by Jared x on Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
oliez
Vintage Newbie

Does it sound like it's a studio recording or is it a live version? If its's a studio recording I say you post it on megaupload or sendspace so we can give it a listen.
Jared x
Lost at Forum

It definitely sounds studio-like. If it's live, then it's a very nice recording (which some live versions are).

The lyrics are more reminiscent of the lyrics posted for the song in Eisley 101 or whatever that other board here is called where Stacy and Sherri are both singing on top of each other. The chorus is "I shall never grow up/Though in time our bodies wither./Can we go far away to the humming meadow?"

I'll upload it wherever you just said if I can.. So long as this isn't some stolen track like the ones on The Baby that people really aren't supposed to have.

norad
Vintage Newbie

It's a rough recording from the Room Noises sessions. I prefer this version very much. I don't think it would be wise to post it here since they aren't suppose to be out there anyway.
Jared x
Lost at Forum

patrock wrote:
I don't think it would be wise to post it here since they aren't suppose to be out there anyway.

That's what I figured. I do prefer it to the CD version too though. Especially that final part. I wonder why they changed it.

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I love the ending to the demo version a lot more, but some of the lyrics sound awkward since I heard the album version first.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I don't like this version because the lyrics were rewritten due to pressures to be less ... "unicorn barbie."

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
Last edited by TheAntrider on Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jared x
Lost at Forum

TheAntrider wrote:
I don't like this version because it was not them who wanted to rewrite the lyrics for it.

What? The older version was written because someone else (the label?) wanted it done?

Please re-word. Wink

Last edited by Jared x on Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
I don't like this version because it was not them who wanted to rewrite the lyrics for it.

This almost sounds like Engrish.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

DRMS_7888 wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

This almost sounds like Engrish.

That's why I edited it about 10 seconds after I posted. Too late, apparently.

It is not an older version, that version was recorded after the one that made it on the album. The one on the album was recorded well before the main RN sessions (which is where the version in question came from).

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jared x
Lost at Forum

Ah, I see. The one that's on the album is one of my favorite Eisley songs by far. I just wish it had that portion that's in my sig now. If it did, it'd probably be my favorite song in the entire world.